Clifford BlackJax - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Question Clifford BlackJax

http://www.clifford.com/g5/access/default.asp#blackjax

How does this feature work? The description says to turn over your keys and remote to the carjacker. Don't alot of carjackings take place at red lights while the car is running? I notice that this is a Clifford exclusive. Is this only available on the AvantGuard 5 and Intelliguard 750? Thanks.

Last edited by TangerineStang; 06-12-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Small Fry

You activate it either yourself, or through the place that installs the alarm. The way it works is this:

When you start the car you have some many seconds to punch in your code. If you forget, the alarm will start to beep at you for a set amount of time to remind you and you MUST punch the code before the beeps stop. If you don't the car will die and the alarm will go off. So as long as you punch the code every time you begin to drive, things will work pretty much like normal. With the Black Jax on while you are driving the system monitors your activity while driving the car. If you open the door while pressing the brake, the Black Jax is activated and waits a certain amount of time (a short amount) and then the car will die and the alarm will go off. The idea is that if you are car jacked, you should just get out and give the thief your car with no fight because the Black Jax will have you covered. Once the thief gets in the car and drives off, he won't be able to get more than a block or two until the car dies with the alarm blaring. They'll be forced to abandon the car making the likely hood that the cops and you can retrieve the car quickly and without damage.

I don't know what all models have Black Jax, but my Intelligaurd 7000 does.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 05:39 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

I love BLACKJAX! It is an included feature with some older and current Clifford G4 and G5 alarms. There is not an extra charge to install it but it does need to be turned on to work.
G4 alarms:IG7000, IG8000, IG9000, Concept 400, Concept 600, Millenia, Avant Guard 4, Blackjax(stand alone unit)
G5 alarms:IG750, IG850, Avant Guard 5, Blackjax(stand alone unit)

I sell and install all of the current G5 models.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

EW, I spoke to you about my defective CodeAlarm, and you suggested a Clifford. I wish I had you guys install one for me before I moved, but unfortunately I had too much stuff going on at the time.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
bottle baby

yeah blackjax owns if you use it right lol, i had it on my old car.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Lifer

Thumbs down Blakjax

Blaxjax Suxks If You Are Worried Bout Getting Car Jacked, The Only Way It Works Is If Your Car Is Running And You Open The Door After You Shut The Door You Have So Many Seconds To Put In Your Code, No After That Your Alarm Get Locked Up And You Have To Wait. I Have Seen More People Get Stuck At A Damn Gas Station Cause They Forget To Put In There Code I Have Installed These Thing For Bout 5 Years Cliffoed Does Make An Awsome Alarm Though But They Can Keep Blaxjax
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
bottle baby

thats b/c the customers are idiots who forget. if you remember to punch it in, this blackjax owns.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Lifer

yes

very true, e.s.o.=equipment supriorer to operater
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 07:11 PM
bottle baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsastang80
very true, e.s.o.=equipment supriorer to operater
lol
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 11:41 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsastang80
Blaxjax Suxks If You Are Worried Bout Getting Car Jacked, The Only Way It Works Is If Your Car Is Running And You Open The Door After You Shut The Door You Have So Many Seconds To Put In Your Code, No After That Your Alarm Get Locked Up And You Have To Wait. I Have Seen More People Get Stuck At A Damn Gas Station Cause They Forget To Put In There Code I Have Installed These Thing For Bout 5 Years Cliffoed Does Make An Awsome Alarm Though But They Can Keep Blaxjax
You get three chances to put in the right code AFTER Blackjax is engaged before it locks you out for 10 minutes. I have not had a customer complain about it in 6 years. It also works EVERY TIME you start the car and drive away. It takes a while for the customer to get used to it but I love it. It prevents people from geting very far with your car even if they have the key and remote. I'll take a little extra grief for the security Blackjax provides. Some people can afford more alarm than they can operate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement