Has anyone here ever heard CDT components live? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Has anyone here ever heard CDT components live?

http://www.cdtaudio.com/car_audio.htm

I really doubt most of you have as they don't really have any distribution chains in this area. Just wondering if any of you have heard them at autosound competitions? They seem to have a really loyal following and after doing some extensive listening, I've decided that MB Quarts may not be the sound that I'm after. I know metal tweets are more accurate than soft dome tweets, but I'd be willing to give up a hair of clarity for a more warm sounding driver. The Quart tweets do seem a bit harsh on several of the recordings(mainly rock) that I've heard recently. The other 'rave' about these is that they have a very strong midbass. Some of the quarts I've heard are somewhat lacking in that area. I'm afraid to try out CDT since they don't dealers, but if some of you local guys have heard them and like them, I just might. If not CDT, what else has a strong midbass and a soft dome tweet that's kind of mid to high end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Lifer

I've got the cheap CL61 pair with the an extra pair of 1" tweeters for imaging. I am real happy with them. I still need to do more tuning, but they sound great as is.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

What else have you listened to that you could compare that set with? I have their HD series in mind, possibly the ES - although I'm still doing some research.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Lifer

I listened to all I could locally. The only pair I liked were the $1200 Boston Acoustics. Everything else was either too harsh, too bright, couldn't handle the power, etc. I had heard a pair of focals in the past and liked them, but i didn't didn't like the price.

I ran across the CDT website, started doing research,and found I could get a pair of CL-61's for $150. That was considerably cheaper than the HD's I had decided on. Since i bought mine, I found out that you can get a set of EF series for about $200. They are suppose to sound real close to the HD's. You may have found it already, but here is a nice discussion forum for CDT stuff.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/forumdis...0&daysprune=-1
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
I listened to all I could locally. The only pair I liked were the $1200 Boston Acoustics. Everything else was either too harsh, too bright, couldn't handle the power, etc. I had heard a pair of focals in the past and liked them, but i didn't didn't like the price.
Thanks for the insight. I too have heard Focals, but they were set up incorrectly - or they truly sound like a**...and this was in a sound room @ CT. They were very harsh to my ears. MBQ is much better, but I've recently decided they are sort of harsh as well. I may ultimately go with them, but I'm definitely going to try and find out all I can about CDT first.

Thanks for that link to the website - I had not seen it before.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Lifer

which focals did you listen to?

you're more than welcome to come up to the Plano Car Toys and give some a listen, i'll be more than happy to help you out if you have any questions.

I like the focal polykevlar / utopias, but i do think that you can find a better sounding speaker than the polyglas line for the money.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
MFFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
which focals did you listen to?

you're more than welcome to come up to the Plano Car Toys and give some a listen, i'll be more than happy to help you out if you have any questions.

I like the focal polykevlar / utopias, but i do think that you can find a better sounding speaker than the polyglas line for the money.
I don't know the specific model that I listened to, but they were separates and they were priced at $449 or $499 - can't remember which for sure. This was at the Lewisville location around the corner from my house. And I agree...there are much better speakers available @ a considerably less price than $450 than whatever Focals I listened to.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:25 PM

i have the cdt's in my stang...
sound soo dam good.
people that ride with always compliment that its so clear over the loud ass exhaust and gear whine!

I forgot what model# they were...i'll look it up tonight.
For the money I thought they were the best sounding component set at the time.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
I ran across the CDT website, started doing research,and found I could get a pair of CL-61's for $150. That was considerably cheaper than the HD's I had decided on.
I should've read all the posts
That was the ones I got....Supposedly the basket or something was the wrong color and so they were marked down to $150 something for the pair. you can't go wrong...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement