building a box some questions..? EW HELP :D! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

building a box some questions..? EW HELP :D!

alright well my buddy and i are going to start building a box this weekend to throw in my new car i got 2 Audiobahn 12's you can go there and check them out. but the ones that you see there i believe i have the upgrade of that one because they look the same but on the bottom of on the magnet it looks totally differenet it has the AW1251T but it is 400W.
Ok

1st question - does it sound better enclosed or ported for these subs if anyones knows?for these subs i want a nice hard crisp sound.

2nd question - its going in the back of my accord in the trunk, i know i dont need a huge fkn box to put these 2 in but im hoping to build a rectangle box sort of but in the front the 2 subs are facing each other at a diagonal angle. can someone put me up some dimensions. i was thinknig 15 1/2-height 27 1/2 - width and i want to do 12 or 13 in the depth space but my friend said that is way to much air space?? i dont really get it but he says the depth after dividing it by 1728 in inches squared ft. it should come up to like 2.2"?? its a big mess getting these diemensions.

Just wondering if EW or someone that has already built a box for 12" subs like the way im talking about

EX : Just like this box thats basically it but getting the dimensions for my subs and the right air space to build the box to My subs requirments.

Last edited by Richie064; 03-31-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 09:39 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

JL has some good tutorials on enclosure building on their site. A sealed box will be easier to build, smaller in size, more forgiving when not exact air space, and deliver to sound you described.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement