My Mach460 is not enough.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation My Mach460 is not enough....

I have an 03 Mustang with the Mach 460 sound system and the factory 6 disk CD changer. It dosent have enough thump for me anymore. What can I do to make my stereo system louder without taking out the factory Mach system. I have a vert. and I would have to have a custom box made for it if I was to put subs in the trunk (at least that was what the guy at car toys said).

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 10:40 PM

screw car toys, the new type x aplines are coming out. Get 10's in a box. You'll have to take your trunk latch off to get it in there, but you do not need a custom box. I have a 300 watt amp and a type s in a bandpass box on a 04 vert, the whole setup was around $400. I love the sound, but as you know you can always upgrade. the new system (taking out all mach 460 speakers) is going to run around 4G's. You could also go to the dealership and drop 1100 on an upgrade to the mach 1000 system. pm and I set you up with the guy that does my stuff at ultiment.
-happy sounding
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 10:30 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runstang22
the new system (taking out all mach 460 speakers) is going to run around 4G's.

You can add bass without a bunch of custom work. You will need an amp, enclosure, sub, and wiring. $400 is a little low IMO for decent product.
You do not need to spend anywhere near $4,000 to replace the entire Mach junk.

Another option https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230044

Last edited by EW; 03-16-2005 at 10:57 AM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Lifer

for 2000$ you can get good sound and adequate bass.

IMO, you NEED a custom box for most subs, if you want optimum sound, but that apparently isn't important to most people.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
duh...duh....duh

I'm not going to get detailed here, but I bought replacement alpine speakers for the front and rears, 2 alpine amps...one for the fronts and one for the rears. Alpine head unit.....1 10" MTX sub and 1 MTX amp that was recommended by mtx.com for the sub....

I agree with OBW....I am going to build a box for my sub, going by the specs at mtx.com. For now, I have the cheesy qlogic encloure. However, I've heard the difference between a good custom box and crappy boxes. If home built properly, it is a good bump in sound for fairly cheap.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Time Served

just added 2 sony mtx 12s and did need a custom box to even fit in the trunk, a small downfire box between the stock amps looks great

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 10:54 AM
duh...duh....duh

An additionaly cheap upgrade, but effective would be to throw a powered subwoofer or two. Bazooka or Infinity makes some okay ones. That's assuming you are just looking for some extra bass.

My '03 Sold.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

IMO, powered subs are ok for a hatchback or vehicle where you are in the same space as the woofer. In a car with a trunk and rear deck, the powered units are usually too weak to play through them.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 11:50 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
IMO, powered subs are ok for a hatchback or vehicle where you are in the same space as the woofer. In a car with a trunk and rear deck, the powered units are usually too weak to play through them.
Bah! Lay the back seat down or take them out. Not useful/needed anyway.

My '03 Sold.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:40 PM

more bass? Can be easily added to the factory system, just get a sub add an amplifier get a 20$ line level converter that has RCA outs and boom!

Then you can do the rest of the system later (which has to all be done at one time) ... so it can be a two step process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement