Got a few questions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Got a few questions

Ok i just got a 88 mercury grand marquis, and im wanting to put a really nice system in it. Me and my dad will be building the box for the car. the only questions i have are about subwoofers. Im lookng at JL Audio subs. But whats the difference in all of them? they have W0's and alot of others. What is the best one to get out of them all. Im looking into getting 2 15's. Just kinda curious... let me know some info on this stuff.. thanks

justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

The higher the number(W0,W3,W6,W7 i think are all of them) the better the sub. A friend of mine had w0's in his grand cherokee and it was pathetic. I don't listen to rap, which is what he liked, but it just wasn't a clean tight bass. I'd prolly go w3's or 6's .
-mason w.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

alright, well i was looking at the W3 15's. Im wanting to try and make them hit about 130db. But i know its not going to be all the speaker, most of it will have to be the box and so on. But thats my goal. If u know anyone that has hit this please let me know i would liek to see what they are running! thanks for that info

justin

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
whiteboy loves sausage

there are other brands that are much better than jl.
imo they are very overpriced,there amps are cool.
but that being said sq is prolly not a concern with 15's
what are you wanting from your setup?
how much power?
how much are you wanting to spend on subs?

ive hit over 130db with one diamond m6 d2 12 in a ported box
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

JL Audio makes many different lines of subwoofers. The W0 line is no longer made. The replacement model is the W1v2. JL took the knowledge learned from the development of the W7 and W6v2 and have really knocked a home run with the W1v2. Serious output for a $119 10" and good sound quality too. I have sold many brands over the last 17 years and JL is by far one of the best performing, most reliable brands I have ever sold. IMO, unless you NEED a custom enclosure, you should buy one of their enclosures with woofers. It will be better made than any prefab box, it will be designed for the particular woofer that is in it, and it will be inexpensive.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-03-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Well, me and my buddy of mine have a little compitition going on right now, im looking to get around 140db out of it all, more will be awsome! Im looking to spend a little on subs i should have about 850 here pretty quick, i dont really want to spend all that on just subs.. but i have heard JL subs were really nice! Also ive heard some good things about Kicker L7 15's. I am also looking at them.. Are those any good? Which ones would u choose out of these? Please let me know thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement