alpine mono vs kenwood mono - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

alpine mono vs kenwood mono

I have a 1000w kenwood mono block amp KAC-8101D runs about (200w rms) and i was wondering how much differance will i get from a 350w alpine monoblock it is the MRP-M350. I am going to be running a single 10" type rf competition series fosgate sub, off of a pioneer 6600 head unit and a digital 1 farrad cap. Will there be much differance between the two or does the kenwood already get pretty close to maxing the power i can run through the single sub>?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Lifer

kenwood amps are junk shit.

post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 AM
dead

if your getting alpine, get the v12 amp. mrdm300/301 would better.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 09:09 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

The MRP-M350 is in Alpine's lower line of product. It is ok for low power applications.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 12:23 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
kenwood amps are junk shit.
lol! But dont you swear by JL?
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 01:17 PM
dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFordCobra
lol! But dont you swear by JL?
JL is a quite a bit better of an amp than kenwood, even their damn excelon line.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Lifer

Yeah another vote for neither of them. They are both so so compared to something like JL

I'm defending my home with a martial art: Klik-Pau

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Time Served

amps

if i was you a need a lot of power get the alpinemrd1000m or the fosgate t1001bd, the fosgate puches a little more but alpine sounds cleaner
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt_jesse
if i was you a need a lot of power get the alpinemrd1000m or the fosgate t1001bd, the fosgate puches a little more but alpine sounds cleaner
THANK YOU ROCKFORD FAN!

hey I could care less, i just loooove giving these JL audio guys a hard time..
GET OUT AND EXPERIENCE THE WORLD OF THUMP GUYS! JL is not the best.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Lifer

the fosgate amps are NOT as good as you think, FFC.

I've used plenty of them, and they are nothing special at all.

JL is not the best, but it's a hell of alot better than fosgate as far as quality goes.

I've got a couple Alpine MRDM1000's on clearance up here at car toys for 400$ with 4 year warranties.

post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 08:46 PM
IGOSLO

i like the son xplode's, and i actually have an mtx right now, i like them both.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
look at em go

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin
i like the son xplode's, and i actually have an mtx right now, i like them both.
I have yet to hear any sony xplod that was loud or clear. I like my MB quarts in the front Alpine 6x9s in the back. Dont listen to enough rap to need some hardcore subs, but JL audio definately is the benchmark for me. Clear, and loud enough. Old school PPI amps really impress me. (the round ones..dunno the #) I dont know much about car audio, but being clear is more important to me then being loud. You can have the loudest shit in the world, but if no one can recognize the song..who gives a shit?
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 11:05 PM
dead

i think all car audio threads die when sony xplod is mentioned.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 11:33 PM

Mtx >
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Lifer

it's all about the application guys, one day, some of you guys will realize that.

there are instances when i'd use MTX over JL, and JL over fosgate, etc.

there are certain models of amplifiers that have proven to be very good, and the rest of the line can be rather lackluster, and sometimes, the difference isn't in blind brand loyalty, but picking the RIGHT products to do what YOU need them to do.

sometimes you guys sound like women, with all the brand whoring going on.

post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

only reason i am going w/ that alpine amp is because i get an employee accomedation for working at best buy and get the 350x1 amp for 88 bucks. . .

i like jl subs but not their amps. . . but jl is way overpriced for what you get
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:23 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken_stang
. . but jl is way overpriced for what you get
in your opinion
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Lifer

JL is far from overpriced when you can't kill the damn things. I have had just about every freaking brand of amp and speaker that can be had! I have blown them or sold them. My current set up is not going anywhere for a long time. I have to JL 10 in. and JL 500/1 and a 300/2 on some 6.5" mb's

Kyle

I'm defending my home with a martial art: Klik-Pau

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 12:45 PM
I am a Motherfucker

just gimme your money and youll get something tight.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 12:24 AM
Lifer

yeah, bragging about blowing equipment is like bragging about not being able to make a girl orgasm.

doesn't matter how many you fuck, if you're doing something wrong, you still look like an idiot for bragging.

post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
yeah, bragging about blowing equipment is like bragging about not being able to make a girl orgasm.

doesn't matter how many you fuck, if you're doing something wrong, you still look like an idiot for bragging.
I think you meant to post that somewhere else because it is not applicable to this thread what so ever.
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
in your opinion
LOL!
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 02:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscat2000
I have had just about every freaking brand of amp and speaker that can be had! I have blown them or sold them.
Kyle
Read all the posts.

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Read all the posts.
sorry, I guess your term for "bragging" is different from mine. It looked like he was just stating a fact and not bragging that he has blown every non JL product on the market.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Lifer

that's why i said what i said, fact is, that he willing admitted to blowing up equipment of all shapes and sizes, and to me, that says something about the user, not the equipment.

post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
AHMO!

ffc...jl amps > 99% of fosgate amps....hell i bet you like the rockford mids and highs more than focal, dyn, and rainbow as well huh?
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
hell i bet you like the rockford mids and highs more than focal, dyn, and rainbow as well huh?

LOL HAHAHHAhAHAHA, i'm betting so.

Fosgate RULES DUDE!

post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 09:13 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
LOL HAHAHHAhAHAHA, i'm betting so.

Fosgate RULES DUDE!
man the quality of the shit they sell at best buy...man i can't believe i used to work there (was not installer or car audio guy, just unloaded trucks). they used to make fun of me for spending money on my focal's and jl subs/amps etc.
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I am a Motherfucker

and you guys are saying car toys is better? LOL!
Car toys is like the subway of the audio scene. Any yahoo can buy in or get hired there. No offence.
I do like focal but I'll never buy a set of 6 1/2's for 700 bucks.
And I have NEVER said fosgate is the best! thats is just what I am using right now. Just two slightly moded BD1000s nothing special.
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Lifer

I know a little about audio, and I'll shoot the shit with anyone who cares to question my knowledge.

I try very hard to be educated and well rounded about product, NOT just what i sell.

btw, yeah, car toys IS better than best buy, circuit, etc.

most of Car Toys' installers came from smaller shops that wouldn't pay them, so they stepped up for a bigger check.

post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 01:49 AM
Lifer

it's hard to tell someone what amp would meet their application when they don't tell you the amplication.

He asked about two amplifiers and i made a statement about one of them, I'd say that's pretty cut and dry.

btw, as far as i know they don't make a Type RF competition 10" sub, and none of those amplifiers would put a dent in one, if they did.

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 09:10 AM
I am a Motherfucker

I have never used rockford mids, highs, or subs so I cant say anything about them. I have herd a few set ups where the customer used theose HE2's or HX2's, anyway I forget the name but they sounded real good so the only thinh I would voutch for would be their high end amps and high end subwoofers.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:03 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
and you guys are saying car toys is better? LOL!
Car toys is like the subway of the audio scene. Any yahoo can buy in or get hired there. No offence.
I do like focal but I'll never buy a set of 6 1/2's for 700 bucks.
And I have NEVER said fosgate is the best! thats is just what I am using right now. Just two slightly moded BD1000s nothing special.
I didn't pay 700 bucks for my 6 1/2 and tweet utopias. Car toy's is better than BB or Circuit hands down...please try again.
post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:05 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
I have never used rockford mids, highs, or subs so I cant say anything about them. I have herd a few set ups where the customer used theose HE2's or HX2's, anyway I forget the name but they sounded real good so the only thinh I would voutch for would be their high end amps and high end subwoofers.
he2's and hx2's are not high end subs. The power hx2's may be breaking into the market of high end subs. Louder does not = better. Tone quality and clarity are > loud. Go listen to a focal utopia sub in a custom enclosure or TL design then come back and argue with me about fosgate subs.
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 02:53 PM
I am a Motherfucker

I have 10 years experience installing and knowlege in audio. I have heard and seen just about everything. I fly out to L.A. for the SEMA show almost every year and I am just stating what I have seen and heard. And no Focal has ever impressed me. Yeah they sound good, but THAT much better than just some plain old infinities? No. I have seen focal systems beat over and over in SQ comps, I seen JL as well beaten over and over in SQ and SPL comps....
90% of the installs from car toys that I have seen have been horrible and I have even gone back through a few to correct raido noise and other problems when they could not come up with a solution but buy more noise cancellers or some other bullshit answer that would cost their customer more and more money.
Anyone with any knowlege knows not to take your car to car toys to get done up. Yeah, they may install a raido right, but whenyou are putting thousands and thousands of watts with all kinds of fabrication is needed for multiple video sources and components, CAR toys is not the place to go. And for people who dont know and fall into the trap , wont come back for repeat biss.
Nowhere have I said that kicker and rockford is the best EVER. I just hit a nerve in you guys who are loyal to the products/ shop that I am talking about. Mind you I wouldn't poat anything at all if none of this were true.
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 02:59 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
I have 10 years experience installing and knowlege in audio. I have heard and seen just about everything. I fly out to L.A. for the SEMA show almost every year and I am just stating what I have seen and heard. And no Focal has ever impressed me. Yeah they sound good, but THAT much better than just some plain old infinities? No. I have seen focal systems beat over and over in SQ comps, I seen JL as well beaten over and over in SQ and SPL comps....
90% of the installs from car toys that I have seen have been horrible and I have even gone back through a few to correct raido noise and other problems when they could not come up with a solution but buy more noise cancellers or some other bullshit answer that would cost their customer more and more money.
Anyone with any knowlege knows not to take your car to car toys to get done up. Yeah, they may install a raido right, but whenyou are putting thousands and thousands of watts with all kinds of fabrication is needed for multiple video sources and components, CAR toys is not the place to go. And for people who dont know and fall into the trap , wont come back for repeat biss.
Nowhere have I said that kicker and rockford is the best EVER. I just hit a nerve in you guys who are loyal to the products/ shop that I am talking about. Mind you I wouldn't poat anything at all if none of this were true.
I wouldn't take my car to car toys either. I did my fiberglass work, screen, ps2, and all of my installs in my own garage. AND LMAO at the comparison of inifities to Focal Utopia's. You must have been looking at the polyglass line. Pull your head out of your ass, go to IASCA spring break nats, world finals, or hell even an USACi show and look at the top SQ guys. Will you see many people running infinities? lmao ok 10 year BestBuy installer.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Lifer

Yeah, bud, sure. I've got installers with 15 years of experience. I've worked with alot of installers, and I know a few, and some of the guys I work with are definitely up there as far as talent and skill go.

Now obviously, not every car toys has the best installers, and not every customer wants the best install.

You'd be amazed at what kind of assholes some of these customers are, EVEN when they decide to spend alot of money with you, they try to skimp on every little thing, they want the cheapest RCAs, they bitch about 60$ in vinyl etc, making life as hard as possible, when they just need to shut up and enjoy their new system.

post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:16 PM
I am a Motherfucker

I know exactally what you mean but thats how it goes in every biss. If you are coughing up good money for the Amps and what not, you should damn sure spring on the good cables, dist block, and RCA's, ect, or you wont get same quality. Thats like basically having a good heart but shity collapsed veins, or having a 500 hp stroker motor with stock ignition, ya know? My main thing with car and home installs is that it should look like it came that way right off the dealership with no problems. Thats how I determine the image of the shop.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
I wouldn't take my car to car toys either. I did my fiberglass work, screen, ps2, and all of my installs in my own garage. AND LMAO at the comparison of inifities to Focal Utopia's. You must have been looking at the polyglass line. Pull your head out of your ass, go to IASCA spring break nats, world finals, or hell even an USACi show and look at the top SQ guys. Will you see many people running infinities? lmao ok 10 year BestBuy installer.
Nope, never even thoght about installing at a best buy. I actually have a few degrees and have no need for a job in that tax bracket. I doubt their managers break 40k take home per year. Now thats sad.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:36 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Nope, never even thoght about installing at a best buy. I actually have a few degrees and have no need for a job in that tax bracket. I doubt their managers break 40k take home per year. Now thats sad.
actually the GM's and some sales managers bring home 60+k a year.

And you wouldn't notice anything about my car except for the a pillars which no one but mustang guys notice aren't stock, and my head unit is different until I turned on the tunes. Opening the trunk or folding down the seats it's a hole new ball game though.

Last edited by Nate; 02-17-2005 at 03:43 PM.
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:41 PM
I am a Motherfucker

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
AHMO!

FFC do you have any pics of any install you've actually ever done?
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 04:09 PM
I am a Motherfucker

I have never felt that I needed to keep a portfilio of everything i did that involves me helping someone and installing things for them. I was never an installer that was paid. The only time I worked for any audio store was when I was getting commission for bringing big buyers down. I am naturally good at electronics of that sort and all it took for me to know how to wire up an alarm or amp for that matter is read the directions. Jeez, some people need to go to school for that type of thing..haha..If you can read a diagram then you can wire up just about anything but I'm convinced that the avrage IQ of humanity is dropping horribly.

i do have some pics of my truck:
1997 Yukon
4 flat screen Tvs
Ps2,DVD,8 disc
2 moded (RF)BD1000s on 2 kicker solobaric L7's
4 Ch RF amp (1000w)
in a ported box
2 eclipse 6 1/2's
2 eclipse 5x7's
2 eclipse 4x10's
4 clclipse 1" tweets
Eclipse indash 5.8 wide screen
2/4 lower
billett grill
white outs
projector lenses
vinyl facade
20x9 Ultra motos
all wich I did

for some reason the site does not support the file.
I'll email and see if you can post them if it is sooooo important to you

also know all these are 3-4 years old.
The newest thing are the subs wich kicker sent me complementry.
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
I have never felt that I needed to keep a portfilio of everything i did that involves me helping someone and installing things for them. I was never an installer that was paid. The only time I worked for any audio store was when I was getting commission for bringing big buyers down. I am naturally good at electronics of that sort and all it took for me to know how to wire up an alarm or amp for that matter is read the directions. Jeez, some people need to go to school for that type of thing..haha..If you can read a diagram then you can wire up just about anything but I'm convinced that the avrage IQ of humanity is dropping horribly.

i do have some pics of my truck:
1997 Yukon
4 flat screen Tvs
Ps2,DVD,8 disc
2 moded (RF)BD1000s on 2 kicker solobaric L7's
4 Ch RF amp (1000w)
in a ported box
2 eclipse 6 1/2's
2 eclipse 5x7's
2 eclipse 4x10's
4 clclipse 1" tweets
Eclipse indash 5.8 wide screen
2/4 lower
billett grill
white outs
projector lenses
vinyl facade
20x9 Ultra motos
all wich I did

for some reason the site does not support the file.
I'll email and see if you can post them if it is sooooo important to you

also know all these are 3-4 years old.
The newest thing are the subs wich kicker sent me complementry.

You had a shop build that truck, stop with the bullshit. If I have to go search for that thread I will.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 08:49 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Josephs supplied the equipment and helped make the box. Search and search some more.
I think you may be thinking about my cobra that was worked on by a shop.
Only bull shit here is straight from all the haters once again.
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Josephs supplied the equipment and helped make the box. Search and search some more.
I think you may be thinking about my cobra that was worked on by a shop.
Only bull shit here is straight from all the haters once again.
Oh my bad, they did install lowjack........
And I did USE their shop to do the wood work and vinyl work. The only thing they did was call Kicker and rockford to determone the right size box and ports that should be used. Sure I coud have them done it for free but I feel that I do a better job. Once again SEARCH till your lil hatin' heart is content. Just remember that karma buddy.LOL

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 02-18-2005 at 09:20 AM.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 11:16 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
You had a shop build that truck, stop with the bullshit. If I have to go search for that thread I will.
Ha ha, so helping build the box? Meaning they cut the wood, designed it, slapped together and you dropped it in the back? Do you do any fiberglass work? just curious.
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Oh my bad, they did install lowjack........
And I did USE their shop to do the wood work and vinyl work. The only thing they did was call Kicker and rockford to determone the right size box and ports that should be used. Sure I coud have them done it for free but I feel that I do a better job. Once again SEARCH till your lil hatin' heart is content. Just remember that karma buddy.LOL
How many times are you going to edit this thread?
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 11:39 AM
dead

see, this thread should have died at the sony xplod comments.

btw, different stroke for different folks really applies to this and every other thread thats a matter of opinion.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion
see, this thread should have died at the sony xplod comments.

You're right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread