I Need Opinions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Question I Need Opinions

I am looking to set up a system in my car and wanted several differant opinions of people. . . im looking to listen mostly to rock but some rap

Currently i have the mach 460, kenwood 1000w mono block amp, rockford digital 1 farrad cap. I am going to get the competition seires amp kit and the Power series signal cabel both fosgate. . . everything is giong to be fosgate except my amp and cd player. . . (stock system of course)

I am debating between getting a 10" rockford p3 or a 12" p3 and i wanted to hear which ones people liked. . . also which should i get the duel 4 ohms or 2 ohms. . . finally the box. . . what type of box sounds good w/ just one right now i am looking at a single sealed or ported which one sounds better w/ this model of the sub?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 08:14 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

If the amp says "1000W" on the case, then it is probably 300W RMS @14.4V @ 1K.

A properly built sealed enclosure built to driver specs will play lower than a ported enclosure.
A properly built ported enclosure built to driver specs will have a 3dB boost at the tuning frequency but you will lose some low end bass (usually no big deal) and you will need an infrasonic filter or the driver will become unloaded below the tuning frequency.

The sealed enclosure will be smaller than the ported enclosure.
The ports need to be designed properly so they do not "huff".
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 12:33 AM
F U C K Off!

yeah a kenwood 1000 watt amp is not very powerful... if thats all u have then i wouldn't get more than the p3 10" since rms of each is around 300... my buddy has my old JL 10" w6v2 on his 1000 watt kenwood amp and it hits alright.. id say screw fosgate and go with jl even though its a little more $$ good luck!

-94 2dr Tahoe w/ 3" lift
-96 Black TA 6spd

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Smile

i would go w/ the JL but i work at best buy and get a great discount on the rockford so im sticking w/ the same amp i have since it just bairly maxes the power required for the sub im getting. . . 10" competition series rockford, digital 1 farrad cap, pioneer 6600, sealed box, and ill see how it turns out, im going to possibly upgrade some of my stuff to alpine in may and july because that is when we start to get good discounts on them but thanks for the advice
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 10:09 PM
F U C K Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaken_stang
i would go w/ the JL but i work at best buy and get a great discount on the rockford so im sticking w/ the same amp i have since it just bairly maxes the power required for the sub im getting. . . 10" competition series rockford, digital 1 farrad cap, pioneer 6600, sealed box, and ill see how it turns out, im going to possibly upgrade some of my stuff to alpine in may and july because that is when we start to get good discounts on them but thanks for the advice
yeah i work there too so i def. understand the discount! even at that i got a good deal on my jl stuff so thats why i went that way. are yall about to get alphine in too? we should have a few cd players within a few weeks!

-94 2dr Tahoe w/ 3" lift
-96 Black TA 6spd
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fast97GT
yeah i work there too so i def. understand the discount! even at that i got a good deal on my jl stuff so thats why i went that way. are yall about to get alphine in too? we should have a few cd players within a few weeks!
we already got some alpine in. too bad we won't start carrying the subs (can't wait to get my hands on a pair of type-r's) until april, i believe i heard. I'd get the 10" p3 for what you listen to, it'd sound pretty good. i
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Smile

we have all of our alpine in now but we cant sell it till teh 13 i just requested one of the new amps from alpine its self and they are goign to give disscounts to me so im selling the kenwood and getting the alpine 350*1 mono amp w/ thermal management. . . it is rated on that new system so that is pure rms power no more of that 15k advertised shit it will hit that 10" competiton amp nice and hard
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/...=140&p_main=10

o and if anyone wants taht amp im selling it for 160 + shipping i have never used it cuz i didnt get around to buying the whole system yet lol and im getting a diff amp after all here is the origional site for it http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2481
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:35 PM
"R" Code

that alpine amp you want is decent, but you will probably want more...i am running a single infinity perfect 10.1d @ 2ohms on that amp (rated [email protected] have heard they have been bench tested to ~400wrms) and it wants more.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Lifer

[email protected] this thread.

you don't seem to know much about CEA 2006 ratings, you should check into it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement