460 cd/mp3 wanted - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

460 cd/mp3 wanted

i was wanting an mp3 player that would work with my factory 460. i think some of the newer stangs come with them. If anyone has one that sounds good with the mach 460 and plays mp3/wma's let me know.

95' drop top, lowered, systemax heads, bbk exhaust, msd 6al, 65mm tb, pullies, cobra intake, 3.73's and more to come. 14.6 @ 96mph before 3550 and intake swap

96' bird 6spd 14.3 @ 98mph - sold

89 carbed coupe rollin the streets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:22 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple 5.0
i was wanting an mp3 player that would work with my factory 460. i think some of the newer stangs come with them. If anyone has one that sounds good with the mach 460 and plays mp3/wma's let me know.
If it is for your 95, it will not work.
god bless
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

I don't like your attitude! jk what can i do with my 95 cause i think my deck is starting to go out and i would like to play mp3's.

95' drop top, lowered, systemax heads, bbk exhaust, msd 6al, 65mm tb, pullies, cobra intake, 3.73's and more to come. 14.6 @ 96mph before 3550 and intake swap

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 01:18 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Heh.
You can replace the deck in a mach460 system. It requires an adapter. I usually run RCA level into the Mach amps and add a line driver/preamp to it. If the deck is 4V or more, you will only have a slight drop in volume from the factory setup. You can run speaker level into the amps as well but IMO, it does not sound as good. It may play louder, however.
Are you running a sub now? If so, I would pick a deck that has built in crossovers so you can run highpass only through the mach system.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

i'm not sure what a line driver or preamp are. if i get like an excelon that has built in crossovers and 3 sets of preouts (sw, front, and rear) could i just send those to the 460 amps and not even use the speaker outs from the deck. could i just put a new 4 channel amp and just run power to the 2 tweeters?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 03:12 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple 5.0
i'm not sure what a line driver or preamp are. if i get like an excelon that has built in crossovers and 3 sets of preouts (sw, front, and rear) could i just send those to the 460 amps and not even use the speaker outs from the deck.
Yes, you could use the rca's on the excelon deck to drive the complete mach system.

Quote:
could i just put a new 4 channel amp and just run power to the 2 tweeters?
What?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Lifer

i believe he meant put a 4 channel on the factory speakers, and run deck power into the factory tweeters.

if you're going to that trouble, just throw a decent set of components up front, and be done with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement