Rockford fosgate Punch 800a4 Question? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Rockford fosgate Punch 800a4 Question?

Ok my cousin gave me this about last June and it has been working real good until some stuff happen to my truck and now everything blew 1st my stereo, then i got that fixed then when i hooked up my cd player and installed it the subs will turn on for 15 seconds at a real low level and then turn off and when i go to my battery the sub cable fuse is blown. Its not a really thick gauge from the battery to my amp, that was my 1st guess, and i hope that is my fix but maybe yall might now. I hit some settings when i was reinstalling my seats and i think that might have an effect on why its getting so hot to blow the fuse. im running 2 10" JL audio W0!! whats the deal??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Lifer

how high up are the gains, and what happened "to blow your first stereo"?

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

well the front gain is set in the middle the rear gain is set all the way turned to the right like if u turn it right all the way thats where it is.
Sorry if so long im trying to be as detailed so yall might know wtf is wrong.

And well about my stereo blowing about a month ago my truck was at my dad's body shop. and its been there for a while and it needed exahust work. so i got my faceplate and went over there got my truck took it to the exhaust shop and everything was running smooth. bass was kickin and stereo was working fine. Then after that i dropped it back off at the shop. took out faceplate. went home. then couple weeks after that my dad said i needed to take the truck to tranny shop well when i plugged my f/p in it didnt turn on... i was stumped. then we checked all wiring but it has never even been touched sense i took it to the exhaust shop. So i sent it to alpine. and they called me back saying that the main chip that makes the cd player turn on and do all the shit was blown. and they replaced the cd player. and it has only been like a yr and couple months sense i've had the cd player. Anywho so i get it back and now my subs dont work. and so leads to the fuse blowing.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Lifer

well, first off, you should never turn the gains on an amplifier all the way up, the gain is not a volume control.

second, the amplifier is likely blown, possibly not even related to the head unit failure, but it is possible that the amplifier killed the head unit by trying to ground through the RCAs.

either way, start looking for a new amp, and don't adjust the gain control improperly.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

damn :\ i didnt touch no settings tho on the gain it was like that when it was installed, but not what i wanted to hear i dont want a new amp i want this one:!$:$! but thank you for all the input i appreciate it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
second, the amplifier is likely blown, possibly not even related to the head unit failure, but it is possible that the amplifier killed the head unit by trying to ground through the RCAs.
Yep. Bad ground is very common on DIY installs and the amp IS going to get ground somewhere (through RCA's). Say bye bye to the deck when that happens.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

what does diy stand for? and well do you think i can take it to you tomarrow EW at your shop to test it bedause yall did install my amp and wiring to my player.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Lifer

DIY= do it yourself

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

car sounds installed my amp i have never touched it even teh settings cuz they put it right under my fkn huge ass bench seat and it was impossible to get to the settings even if u moved it all the way up. but hoping EW can take a look at it today sometime.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:24 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

I don't have time today but I could look at it Monday or later.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

what time do yall close? because i have to work monday till 6.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 01:18 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

9-6 mon-fri
9-5 sat
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

ill c u next sat. then because of work from 9-6 all week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement