Car Stereo Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Car Stereo Question

hey, all you stereo installers out there, I have a really strange question, so here goes....the the mach 460 stereo system in my 1999 GT Convertible spoiled me for sound, and what I would like to know is: My winter beater, is a 1994 Isuzu Amigo...if I bought a used mach 460 stereo system, would there be any way to install it into my Isuzu Amigo? Can it possibly be done or am I just wishing here? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
KJ94GT

I moved this to the correct forum. I have no idea why it was in the Picture and Video forum.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ94GT
I moved this to the correct forum. I have no idea why it was in the Picture and Video forum.

Seems like whenever I post a new question it ends up in that place...thanks for fixing it..

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:24 AM
duh...duh....duh

I personally believe you'd be better off hitting up Circuit City, Best Buy...etc and just buying an equivelant system. Cheaper install, better quality gear...probably lower cost for equal sound.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
I personally believe you'd be better off hitting up Circuit City, Best Buy...etc and just buying an equivelant system. Cheaper install, better quality gear...probably lower cost for equal sound.

Take care,
The pioneer it has in it right now isn't bad, my main complaint is the sound...the speakers are really tinny and when ya try to add base it sounds like its tearing the speakers...is pioneer good brand? Do I just need speakers and amplifiers...I have no clue about this stuff at all...I just know I really love the sound of the stereo in my mustang...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:44 AM
duh...duh....duh

I'm hoping someone with a Mach 460 system steps in soon. I ripped mine out and never listened to it, however, I hear it is about average. With that line of thinking, a set of after market speakers, a good 4 channel amp, and an amplified sub should put you right where you want to be. You might be able to skip the sub part, if the normal speakers sound good enough for you w/ amp.

Basically, your best bet is to hit the stores and listen to the stuff. Be careful, if your anything like me it goes from "just getting a small upgrade" to something more expensive real quick.

Is Pioneer good? I hear it is, and the reviews are never bad or terrible. I stay with Alpine...however, if it is an aftermarket Pioneer...it'll probably suffice for your needs.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Lost in suburbia HELLLLLL

Replace the Speakers and your Headunit with something other then the mach 460. The price you will pay for a used mach 460 and install you could have had a top of the line alpine. I used to be a car stereo sales/installer for Circuit City. My opinion is, Alpine makes great head unit tons of features, great power, good price, they are harder to adjust the sound, Pioneer makes great reliable radio's good skip protection, alittle under powered, but they are user friendly, and alittle friendlier to the eye for looks. You can get a mid of the line alpine or pioneer for about 299-349 and the includes them installing it for free, but you pay for parts Harness, and mounting plate(if needed). Just get a nice set of alpine Type S or Infinity reference, IMO sony and poineer have crappy speakers.

93gt boss block, 185 cnc trick flow heads, undisclosed cam specs, YS trim, saleen intake nice and shiny. car is spotted primer currently

05 honda accord coupe daily driver
00z28 new catfish moser 9in, pat g custom cam, ls6 intake, long tubes, built 6spd and much more.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for your input everyone...

I will be taking a drive up north to check out circuit city and see what they have in the way of speakers and amps for the pioneer in there already...I was told the pioneer in it cost about 350 bucks, so I guess its pretty much just the speakers that are driving me nuts...I love loud music, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman...yadda yadda and I love to blast it....I will talk to the installers and see how they can fix the unit up...thanks again!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Lifer

yea replace the speakers and it will sound ten times better.

i had the mach 460 system in my mustang and it got annoying with speakers making a shitty vibration noise everytime any bass hit. so i bought some polk/momo speakers and an amp and it sounds much better

95' Red Mustang GT.

Slow.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Time Served

Most likely, if you've already got a Pioneer head unit, then if you replace the speakers with something of decent quality, it'll sound tons better. I'd try that to see if you like it first before replacing everything. If you're happy with it that way, then you avoid spending money on a new head unit.

If you like the Mach 460, then there are lots of products that would really impress you. It's decent for a stock system, but aftermarket stereo equipment sounds much better when done correctly.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Well....

I got a deal I couldn't pass up...for 25 bucks on ebay, I got a complete set of mach 460 speakers AND Amps...when I get them installed...I'll let ya know how bad I screwed up...or made things better..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement