Alarm Install - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Smile Alarm Install

Im currently in the market for a car alarm and i havent decided yet which one to buy, most likely will be a DEI alarm. Im looking for a remote start/ car alarm with 2 way remote combo. I have a 03 Mustang GT with a manual tranmission and am looking for someone who has expierience installing remote starts/car alarms to install it for me for some extra cash. I am planning to build this cut off switch if the car is in gear once its installed, has anybody had any expirience with this switch.

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_...3;t=002286;p=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:14 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

I'd be happy to sell you the product but I don't want anything to do with the install. Clifford G5 products (NOT Clifford Matrix) are designed to remote start manual transmission cars but do not have 2 way communication.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Smile

I can see the dangers of a manual remote start, would you be able to help me with this setup. A basic 2 way alarm and having it set off a Whelen 6 strobe light kit that the police use, im thinking of arranging them with 4 strobes in all corners and 2 some where in the car and also an extra siren inside the car.

If i install that strobe light kit would you be anble to integrate it into the alarm. What type of price range am i looking at for the 2 way alarm/install and hookup of the strobe light kit with an extra siren insdie the cabin?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 03:52 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Siren inside the cabin is worthless. They are not loud enough to make someone exit.
Yes, the alarm can operate the strobes when triggered.
I'll get you a price on Monday. Remote start on manual transmission cars is safe when using the right product. IMO, you are not using the right product.

Last edited by EW; 01-09-2005 at 09:20 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement