going off that other XM question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

going off that other XM question

I have the Mach 460 system and kinda wanted to put Sirrus in it. The only problem is the dealer ship wants $550 and every where else I go they say you have to go back to the dealer ship. I like the CD changer so I would hate to give up the head unit. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Lifer

just put an FM modulated roady or similar on it.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 10:17 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

IMO, the wireless FM modulated units don't sound that great and all the satellite units do not have enough output signal so you should add a line driver for about $40, a wired FM mod for around $45, and a 1/8" stereo to RCA jack for about $6.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

ka ching!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
just put an FM modulated roady or similar on it.
You're kidding, right? XM isn't free, and you don't buy CD's at Virgin so they sound like a non-Dolby cassette from 1981, do you? Obviously there would then be the initial investment of a new headunit. It's too bad that "enjoyement" isn't represented numerically because the increased rate of return would extraordinary.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW
IMO, the wireless FM modulated units don't sound that great and all the satellite units do not have enough output signal so you should add a line driver for about $40, a wired FM mod for around $45, and a 1/8" stereo to RCA jack for about $6.
Eric, do you have an FM modulated units at your store? I would be curious to see what the sound quality is like.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Park
You're kidding, right? XM isn't free, and you don't buy CD's at Virgin so they sound like a non-Dolby cassette from 1981, do you? Obviously there would then be the initial investment of a new headunit. It's too bad that "enjoyement" isn't represented numerically because the increased rate of return would extraordinary.

i am in 100% agreeance with you, but i deal with people everyday who don't care what it sounds like. they just want XM, or sirius, and aren't willing to give up anything to have it, regardless of how bad it sounds.

I'll NEVER fm modulate anything in my cars, it sounds fucking horrible, but that's me.

all of my customers seem to think similarly to this guy, well, my factory CD changer ROXXORZ, i'll never let it go.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 09:59 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

I have a few different FM modulated units. The wireless ones work, but suck. The hardwired ones work, but suck less.
Just depends upon how picky you are. If you want the BEST sound you won't be listening to MP3 or satellite radio anyway since both are compressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement