pricing on w7's - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

pricing on w7's

Just found out the pricing on w7's from one of my local dealers. I was really wanting to find out how much a piece the 10w7's are and I was told normally will run you $550 a piece! 12w7's are $700. I wanted one of these bad boys but looks like I'm going to be saving up for a couple more weeks before I pick one up. It's all cool though because I'll be thumping across the city after I do!

JL rocks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 03:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

You better be careful about bumppin across town, I live a street over and will come and get it. HAHAHAHAHAHA Just playin Jared
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

the system

yeah well I don't really think i'm gonna be able to afford one for awhile, gotta fix the tranny and stuff on my car. you and my brother need to make up a list of things (necessities only) that i need to do to my car. (ie. rebuilding the tranny, clutch, he said something about the front wheel bearings, and other crap)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2001, 11:35 AM
Hustlin'

well... for 700 bux, dont you think you can get into something a little cheaper that does the same job, maybe thats more than one driver...unless space is a preimum where if it were, a single (a-beit deep) driver would be best...

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2001, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

tested to run

running these things would be crazy in multiples, I'm guessing because of the competition quality (both sound and manufacturing). the single 3-ohm voice-coil and running such a high wattage through these things, they are manufactured to hit high 150's low 160's without much more than a reciever and amp. You could go and get other equipment for the same price but the space needed is less and the quality of sound would be much higher than other competitions b/c of many 1 ohm systems running. space is what matters for me and a few bills more is worth it for a jl brand system
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2001, 12:17 PM
Hustlin'

Re: tested to run

Quote:
Originally posted by stangcrazy
space is what matters for me and a few bills more is worth it for a jl brand system
I thought of doing a 10 in the Z, I just don't know how to build the box pretty just yet for that kind of required depth. The size issue is what is re-directing me to look at normal-type speakers

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-25-2001, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

what kind of box?

Yeah I know what you mean about the depth problem, those things are long! With the displacement though and you only need 1.0 ft.cube, they take up about the same as another sub that runs that high.

What kind of box are you going for? ported, sealed, bandpass? Talk to slow90vert, he'll hook you up for cheap if you tell him what you want. He has helped me before and I know him personally, good guy. PM him if you would like a box built, tell him I sent you.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2001, 11:06 PM
I am a Motherfucker

get some cerwin vega strokers....
but youll need AOLT PF POWER!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2001, 01:38 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Hey man, on that Z well they make a custom box for two tens or if your lucky you can find a shop that can get a hold of one for two twelves, I put two Twelves in a Z and it kicked some serious ass......I built the box but I wont build another to much time and I dont have enough time. If I was building it It would only cost around 100 bucks. I dont charge much...

P.S. I just put 2 10W6 D6s in my shitty truck with a RF DB500.1 and I cant turn it up more than a quarter of the way because it drains the battery to much. If I didnt buy this stuff from a friend I wouldnt have bought a Fosgate Amp......In my opition there amps require to much avg. voltage to get full wattage out of them. PLUS ALL FOSGATE STUFF SUCKS!!!!!! We wont go into fosgate speakers.....Thats a whole nother story.

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.....NOBODY!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 08:13 AM
Hustlin'

Quote:
Originally posted by Slow90Vert

P.S. I just put 2 10W6 D6s in my shitty truck with a RF DB500.1 and I cant turn it up more than a quarter of the way because it drains the battery to much. If I didnt buy this stuff from a friend I wouldnt have bought a Fosgate Amp......In my opition there amps require to much avg. voltage to get full wattage out of them. PLUS ALL FOSGATE STUFF SUCKS!!!!!! We wont go into fosgate speakers.....Thats a whole nother story.
Ive had the foscrap experience too. I popped a fuse on my AB 4600 so I threw in a 4ch a200 in temporarily, it sounded terrible w/ no power, AND my freakin headlights dimmed when it ran, so ya, not again... I make boxes too, so its just a matter of time (when i find it) till i get something rollin in the z... The prestige tape deck just aint cuttin it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement