remote start for a 5 speed - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

remote start for a 5 speed

I have money for anyone who knows how to hook up a remote starter kit for an 04 5 speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 04:59 PM

do you have the kit??
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

I have the kit (Viper 190XV), everythings hooked up, i just need one part, i think its called a bypass module or something I also have some other work I wanna do. Interior lights (i have none cause its a convertible and I have an after market rearview mirror), the light in my roll bar to be hooked up, and one of my fog lights came loose. just minor quick fix type things that I either don't know how or really don't have time to do, so I'm trying to find someone that can do it for me.
-Stephen-

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Newb

the bypass module u need is either 40 or 50 bucks at bestbuy. i just bought that system. love it.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 07:43 PM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Viper does not make a safe remote starter for manual transmission cars. However, the Clifford G4 and G5 (not Clifford Matrix) products have a remote start that is safe for manual transmission cars.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

my friend 8mpg on here had one on his 03 GT.
worked well, dont remember the type of alarm.
It was setup safely though, there was a process for it to work.

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

man, you guys need to be careful. I personally have seen 2 cars go into garage walls and hit another car from remote start. Like EW says, I wouldnt personally do it unless you had a manual transmission safe remote start.

Yes you can buy the bypass module from best buy or most places like car toys. My buddy does this kind of install stuff in his garage currently but he is a litle backed up right now. If you can wait I bet he will do it for a decent price. With the Viper route, make 100% sure you are never in gear when you stop and get out of the car. Remember that a remote start tries 2-3 times to start when you remote start. If you leave it in gear in a parking lot, you car is gonna be jumping and hitting cars

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Time Served

i can do it but live in oklahoma city so i dont think that helps ya out much lol
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

the only thing you really need is the same type of switch they use on monitors in cars. it hooks to the e-brake and won't allow the remote start to engage the starter unless the brake is pulled. i know a guy that put one in a toyota 4x4 5 spd., he rigged something on the stick to tell it it was in nuetral, and put a safety type switch on the e-brake. this cat owns his own shop and has been doing this kinda stuff almost 15 yrs. i don't know all the piddly shit involved, or i'd come up from waco and do it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6Rgreg
the only thing you really need is the same type of switch they use on monitors in cars. it hooks to the e-brake and won't allow the remote start to engage the starter unless the brake is pulled. i know a guy that put one in a toyota 4x4 5 spd., he rigged something on the stick to tell it it was in nuetral, and put a safety type switch on the e-brake. this cat owns his own shop and has been doing this kinda stuff almost 15 yrs. i don't know all the piddly shit involved, or i'd come up from waco and do it.

you are completely right... You can do it but its NOT safe. That ebrake can only hold a car so well. When the asshole pulls into the parking spot in front of you 3 inches from your bumper and you remote start your car with the ebrake up, I GAURENTEE you car will jump far enough to hit their car. I dont care what kind of super emergency brake you have. Dont be stupid...get the right kind of alarm or pass on remote start

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 12:34 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
you are completely right... You can do it but its NOT safe. That ebrake can only hold a car so well. When the asshole pulls into the parking spot in front of you 3 inches from your bumper and you remote start your car with the ebrake up, I GAURENTEE you car will jump far enough to hit their car. I dont care what kind of super emergency brake you have. Dont be stupid...get the right kind of alarm or pass on remote start
this guy knows what he is talking about listen to the man
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeljj
this guy knows what he is talking about listen to the man
lol... I have seen bad things a few times. Hell, my buddy had a ghetto rigged system in his RX7.. when his dad moved his car into the garage and left it in gear without the ebrake being up, the next morning when he went to start his car, he had a whole in the garage wall and a f***ed up car.

If you are dead set on doing it, my buddy will rig it for you but I dont know how much he will charge to do it. He is a professional car audio/video/alarm/tint guy

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

point taken, you gotta be smart when you do stuff like this, but you know theres alot of things out there like this. For example, if you leave the door open when you walk out of the house your electric bill goes up. If you don't turn the stove off you burn your food. If you pay attention if traffic you get in a wreck. I you run without stretching you get a cramp. I you leave your car in gear and remote start it, you'll wreck it. It's all cause and effect. Your point is well understood. Thanks.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runstang22
point taken, you gotta be smart when you do stuff like this, but you know theres alot of things out there like this. For example, if you leave the door open when you walk out of the house your electric bill goes up. If you don't turn the stove off you burn your food. If you pay attention if traffic you get in a wreck. I you run without stretching you get a cramp. I you leave your car in gear and remote start it, you'll wreck it. It's all cause and effect. Your point is well understood. Thanks.
Get Brock's number from 8mpg.
Great guy, definately knows wtf he is doing!

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Time Served

what is brocks last name i think that i might know him
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeljj
what is brocks last name i think that i might know him

aint got a clue

on the remote start thing... There are companies such as Compustar and Clifford taht design setups for a 5spd. I had the compustar as/ss on my 03gt (still have it if you are interested...just needs the wiring but my buddy can get it) and there is a shut down procedure to prevent bad things. What happens is, when you get ready to shut the car off, the ebrake has to be up and you cant have your foot on the brake. You turn the key off and pull the key out of the ignition and the car keeps running. When you close the door, the alarm will arm itself and shut off the car. This gaurentees the car is in neutral and that the parking brake is up. The other part of the security is if you open any door for any reason after the procedure has happened, it automatically disables remote start incase someone accidently put the car in gear.

Tim

1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement