Recomendations - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

Recomendations

Im in the market for a new alarm for my car any recomendations had a code alarm on it from 93 right now but Im looking for a little more protection...

"Apres moi le deluge"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:04 AM
duh...duh....duh

I'm a Viper(DEI)/Clifford (dunno if it is still around) fan myself. My '03 is getting one installed tomorrow, waiting for the wife to send me specs. I'll let you know what that is when I get it. Alarm, remote start and 2-way system. Meaning, it'll page you when the alarm goes off. They are all pretty much the same when you get into the better systems.

Take care,
Ceyko
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:31 AM
duh...duh....duh

Hey man,
I apologize. Apparently DEI owns a lot of the good brands. All the snake ones (Viper, sidewinder, python...etc), plus clifford and so forth. Check it out at www.dei.com

I also hear Alpine makes a good alarm. Never actually used one myself though. Only actually had Clifford and Viper alarms.

Take care,
Ceyko

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
I also hear Alpine makes a good alarm.
Ceyko
Don't buy an Alpine alarm, they stink! I worked at stores that sold them for years and always had problems with them. Clifford is the best route IMO.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 10:54 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Alpine quit making alarms (for the second time) in 2002. You do not want one.

Alarms have MANY DIFFERENT FEATURES from brand to brand and model to model. People who think they are all the same are not informed on the subject.
I like the Clifford G5 line of alarms and Autopage 850 for LCD 2 way product. Some of the Clifford G5 alarms have digital sensors that are adjusted from the remote and offer independent warning and trigger adjustment and they offer SAFE remote start for manual transmissions, anti-carjack, remote shunting of sensors, coded override switches, laptop programming, and many other features.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 12:44 AM
duh...duh....duh

As an FYI, this is what is being installed for me...

ca425 & ca645 by Code Alarm. My wife did the hunting and went with a standard Circuit City special. Was able to find information on the ca645, which seems pretty cool....

Link for ca645

...no clue what in the hell the ca425 is, having the wifey find that out. The receipt shows it is only 69.99, so I'm assuming it is a module of some sort.

Not trying to hijack a thread, but does anyone have input on the Code Alarm system? This is a first for me and I've been mainly a snake named alarm purchaser in the past.

As far as the options go. I concur and nonconcur with the previous poster. They all have the same basic features. Just once you get past that they do indeed have different options and so forth.

Man, do they still sell the ghey talking alarms? "Step away from the car...blah" Had some friends that kicked the crap out of some poor dude's car once because they felt the car was trying to order them around. The dumb things 13-15 y/o kids do.

Ceyko
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 06:55 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Code-Alarm is now owned by Audiovox. I am not familiar with their current line up but here you go http://www.code-alarm.com/
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Gunga galunga

thanks for the reply's im leaning towards the clifford G5, if i got the security and wanted to add remote start later can I do that. And EW can you post up your store phone number, because I'll probally be coming to you for the install...

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:15 PM
"R" Code

Yes you can get one at a time. I got my alarm from EW at one time. and a while later i got the remote start added on to it. I have the number around here somewhere....

1996 Mustang Cobra

1993 Mustang LX hatchback
Black / Red
2.3Turbo powered

1963 Fairlane 500
EFI swap in progress
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Yes Meghan, they are big.

Go with anything under the DEI umbrella...

03 Mineral Grey Cobra Back in the game!
Going for 500 w/stock Eaton...

00 Accord EX V6

Yamaha Warrior XV1700PC
Damn! this is one fast cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
TV's are important for any relationship, a guy watching TV means it's time for a girl to shut the fuck up.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2004, 10:41 PM
duh...duh....duh

what cltgt said is a safe bet. I am not actually in the states, but my wife sends vids and stuff of my upgrades as they happen. The Code Alarm is really cool and all, but the siren sounds seem ghey to me.

When it is all said and done, you can't go wrong with most of the dei type alarms. I'll post more on the Code Alarm system I have when it's been in use for awhile. MIght not help the original poster, but someone doing a search on the forum might find it useful.

Ceyko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement