False Alarms - Factory Keyless Entry- Ideas? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

False Alarms - Factory Keyless Entry- Ideas?

My 2002 Mustang with keyless entry. Alarm goes off unexpectedly. Happens frequently.....especially at work..... Took car to dealer under warranty....dealer could not find any problem.....
Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 03:09 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Find the shock sensor and turn the sensitivity all the way down, assuming Fords use one.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:02 AM
duh...duh....duh

huh? The Keyless entry stuff has an alarm? I usually go out right away and buy aftermarket stuff. Are you absolutely sure it is going off w/o any antagonizing? Maybe large trucks coming by or some ass kickin' it?

Otherwise, turn the sensetivity down as the other poster said.

Take care,
Ceyko

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Time Served

it wont have a shock sensor...only aftermarket alarms have shock sensors and I've seen a few GM cars with them...never seen a ford with one though..goodluck
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black96StangGT
it wont have a shock sensor...only aftermarket alarms have shock sensors and I've seen a few GM cars with them...never seen a ford with one though..goodluck
03-04 does have them. a lady that i work with,hers chirps at me everytime i park next to her(glass packs) she says it has a contorl for the sensitivity
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 12:30 PM
The token Asian guy

I have the Ford factory alarm in my 04 GT. There's a sequence of stuff you have to do to get it into programming mode. Then, you can adjust the sensitivity.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 05:17 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawgs75
03-04 does have them. a lady that i work with,hers chirps at me everytime i park next to her(glass packs) she says it has a contorl for the sensitivity
interesting like I said I havent had to put one in an 03-04 yet so I didnt know but I havent ever seen Ford use one before
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

We see a lot of F150's at my work with faulty domelight/door triggers. Ford uses a BCM (body control module) to pulse the lock/door trigger circuits to check for and open door, stuck interior light, etc. Does it seem to go off every 15 minutes or so? If it does I bet thats your problem.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

94CanaryGt...thanks for the info....This may be it. I'll have dealer look at it again for that specific problem. It goes off once and then stays off until the next time I park it. I don't get false alarms with car in the garage so it may just be something in local area where I work...like welding in a muffler shop across the street...Maybe a magnetic field from that shop is setting it off? Or loud noise.
It went off once when I started my edger not too far from the car. The edger has a magneto in it which creates a magnetic field when it spins......or it might have been the noise vibration....although the edger isn't that loud.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 02:07 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast360r
94CanaryGt...thanks for the info....This may be it. I'll have dealer look at it again for that specific problem. It goes off once and then stays off until the next time I park it. I don't get false alarms with car in the garage so it may just be something in local area where I work...like welding in a muffler shop across the street...Maybe a magnetic field from that shop is setting it off? Or loud noise.
It went off once when I started my edger not too far from the car. The edger has a magneto in it which creates a magnetic field when it spins......or it might have been the noise vibration....although the edger isn't that loud.

If its a factory alarm then you won't have any issues with a magnetic field. Try to verify that is DOES have an impact sensor by arming it, waiting about 30 seconds, and then giving it a few whacks on the windshield. If it doesn't go off then you don't have an impact sensor, and therefore you most likely have the bcm problem I mentioned or a defective alarm brain. If it does have an impact sensor it might just need to be turned down a bit... good luck
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 05:45 AM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94CanaryGT
and then giving it a few whacks on the windshield.
I agree with what you said except for the hitting the windshield. I've seen at least three that had to be replaced because the installer whacked it in just the right spot. I always use an open handed smack on the a piller to test how sensitive the sensor is.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
I agree with what you said except for the hitting the windshield. I've seen at least three that had to be replaced because the installer whacked it in just the right spot. I always use an open handed smack on the a piller to test how sensitive the sensor is.

Of course this is a use your best judgement type of thing, and open handed on the windshield works fine too. or the steering wheel for that matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement