Need Opinions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Need Opinions

My brother is shopping for some components, and right now he is looking at some MB Quarts. Im not to sure about them cause of their price i think they might be good but they are VERY expensive, he has money but i dont want him to spend it all on one thing. They are like $800 or something.
Does anyone know of any others that are good? Or have any suggestions.
Thanks Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2001, 08:48 PM
Hired Hand

Bottom line on front speakers is, what does your brother like? Once you get to the point of good build quality, it comes down to opinion.

If he likes the sound of the MB's (and he is in this price range), he might also like the Boston Acoustics Pro Series, Diamond Audio Hex Series or the Focals'.

When listening to the different speakers use your own CD (this way you can listen to the same track on every speaker, no matter how many stores you have to go to). I like to use female vocalists, for their range. Listen at a moderate level, your ears can get tired.

Power the speakers the way you will in your car...if you are going to use an amp in your car, use one with about the same power on the sound board.

Once he finds something he likes he should buy it, tell him don't worry about other peoples opinions, you know what they say about opinions and a$$holes.

James
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

He just wants something thats gonna sound good. And im not sure whats good cause i have never bought components sooo i was just seeing if anyone knows what is good. One of my friends has some Infinitys but im not to impressed with them, at first they sounded good but now the more i listen the worse they sound.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 11:17 PM
Time Served

kenwood

i've always thought kenwoods sound nice, but that was like 8-10yrs. ago. i don't know if they're still making a good product or not? you've got to really like the high crisp tweet sound though. i do 'cause i like loud crisp highs!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 06:44 AM
I am a Motherfucker

Ive always liked Infinity Kappa Highs. Expensive as shit, thats why I have eclipse highs now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by FunFordCobra
Ive always liked Infinity Kappa Highs. Expensive as shit, thats why I have eclipse highs now.
You have eclipse???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement