DFW Mustang Forums banner

Anyone else running a D-Link Router/WAP?

285 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  HiTechRedneck 
#1 · (Edited)

I had some questions regarding getting everything locked down properly and some of the features. Lemme know if you use one.

See less See more
#3 ·
Leif said:
yup... I have that and I have a d-link 22mbs card. What do you need to know?
I'll probably have to post it up tonight as I'm at work and now in front of the computer with the router. Basically I'm looking for the most optimum setting for security and also a general idea on what features do what. If you've got anything off the top of your head that you can suggest please let me know.

#8 ·
Thanks for the info. Fortunately I live in a 4 acres (sp?) of land so I'm not worried as much about the WAP portion of it because the distance from my AP and the street is pretty far and there's virtual no signal there unless they are using some kind of directional antenna or are on my property. So I'm mainly concerned about the Router part. Any suggestions?

#10 ·
evil jose said:
I'll probably have to post it up tonight as I'm at work and now in front of the computer with the router. Basically I'm looking for the most optimum setting for security and also a general idea on what features do what. If you've got anything off the top of your head that you can suggest please let me know.
Again I should of read a little closer again.

Since I've never messed with a D-Link I probably wont be much help unless you want general info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.