Can you say....f'ing rip off??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Can you say....f'ing rip off???

Ok, theres some guy selling a FMS GT-40 intake on ebay.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=38634

he claims he has 1000 bucks of port work done to this and will increase a STOCK mustangs power by as much as 60 horses.
I email this guy and ask him to tell me what everything was ported out to so I could see if it would come close to matching my heads...(I have stock heads, just wanted to see if this guy is real or not). His email reply is this...and I quote b/c i copied and pasted..."A USED GT-40 INTAKE WITH $1000 WORTH OF PORT WORK DONE TO IT A STOCK ONE ADDS 25 HORSE THIS ONE 60HORSE YOU TELL ME THE INTAKE UPPER AND LOWER IS RON ANDERSON FORD PORTED IT RULES" he didnt answer my question...next I email him back asking the same question + what throttle body I'm going to need to match the upper and what fuel injectors I'll need so I'm not running lean. I have no clue what I'm babbling about, just trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about.
Here is his reply..."the inject. if recammend are 30pounds the throttle 70mm i have 42lbs inject and a 75mm throttle body but my car also has 600 ponies for a stock stang with stock heads and throttle you'll notice a huge difference in you miles per hour you'll go from 98 to 103mph a the track.."
Is it just me or is this guy trying to rip someone off. Stock heads only go so far, and with this 1000 dollar port work, I would think stock heads would be obselete at this point. Plus...600 horses on a stock car? BULL SHIT!!!!! Someone should buy this intake knowing that it's not what it says and sue this mo fo's ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned

wait...in the pic there is a supercharger...this guy is still full of shit. 600 horses, HAH!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Out

I don't think a GT-40 intake is capable of flowing enough to produce 600hp... forced induction or not.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned

from what ive been told, stock gt-40 can go up to about 450hp. im not sure about a ported one though. this guy still never has told me what the intake was ported out to. and if youre going to sell something thats been ported on ebay, you'd better show proof of the port work with pics.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Out

That's about right... but there's no room for doing anything with the upper. I still don't see 600 with a port job.

I can port the hell out of a bitches mouthand pay $1000, but does that mean it was worth it?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Retired Gun

You can't hardly port the upper because the tubes are so thin.....
600 hp is attainable with forced induction and that intake however. I imagine his heads were ported as well. I couldn't see Ron Anderson porting an intake and not match porting the heads. I would ask more ?'s and find out what he really has combo wise.....It does seem that he is trying to pawn it off on some kid who has a stock mustang looking for some bolt-ons.
My .02.......Shawn
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

i wasnt planning on buying it ever. i dont have 1200 bucks to spend on an intake manifold alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement