Dallas Mustang customer service - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Dallas Mustang customer service

is horrible!!! They told me to bring in my car for a $7000 blower job on Friday and they would have it done in 2-5 days depending on obstacles. I went up there Monday to get a MAF and they said they haven't started, which was cool, since they still had three days. I called up there today (Tuesday) only to fin out they still haven't started it and won't start it until next Monday. What's up with that? I had an appointment and I got screwed!

I had friends tell me not to go to Dallas Mustang because they'll screw you. I told them that DM hasn't done me any wrong yet so I'll just go there, it's so close to my house. Well.....now they have so I say they shoudl work on that.

BTW I know their employees read this, so just to let you know, I'm the guy with the 96 GT (green Boss) that was up there today picking up my car and blower.

Their reply was that the car they were working on spent $25K. Well I spent $7K and as a %age of yearly earnings, that's 50% of mine which is a lot of money!

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:31 PM
Lifer

Should of went to ron short man... he would of fixed you up nice like and WAY under 7k. Jesus christ... 7k... what did you buy an F1?
post #3 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally posted by Leif
Should of went to ron short man... he would of fixed you up nice like and WAY under 7k. Jesus christ... 7k... what did you buy an F1?
word

FUCK Dallas mustang, they are way overpriced and suck my asshole. Ron is da man

post #4 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:37 PM

I dunno....maybe you should wait to badmouth them until after you pick your car up?
I'm sure everything will turn out fine, but it'd be really easy for them to screw something up then not cover it on a warranty...I dunno, just my opinion
post #5 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Good times

7 included install. The parts were about 6 after tax. The actual blower was 4 (w/ aftercooler) (looked around and that is pretty much the same everywhere) Then I got gauges, injectors, throttle body, MAF, sway bar and some other knick knacks. All in all price not too bad, just the service.

n/a
post #6 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by Xcountry80
maybe you should wait to badmouth them until after you pick your car up?
I did, my car is in the garage with all my parts, they won't see it again.

<--- not stupid

n/a
post #7 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:40 PM
KJ94GT

I would've put it all on for much cheaper.
post #8 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Foxbody King

7k!! holy shit i need to learn on how to install blowers!

btw i'm sure there swamped with alot of cars right now, its not like that have 5 techs out there, when i did installs @ (a mustang perfromance shop) it was a pain trying to get cars out on time, Theres a bunch of good guys over @ dmp!

2003 cobra DSG
post #9 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Foxbody King

but I'VE NOTICE YOU MOD GUYS NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MUSTANGS AND MUSTANG PARTS!! CAUSE LANCE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH REAL KNOWLAGE, AND HIS CAR IS, S L O W!!

2003 cobra DSG
post #10 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Lifer

7K!!! Damn, just get your money back and buy through someone else. Take the car to speedworks or Billy at speedtek hurst if you want it done correctly.
post #11 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:59 PM
Lifer

my neighbor here in Denton had them put his blower on his 91 GT and they didn't clock it right(put a dent in the hood from hitting it) did not reroute A/C lines right way at all and put the line going to the oil pan right next to the belt and it busted and sprayed everything with oil. He argued with them close to a month maybe about all this stuff, and they FINALLY atleast had the dent taken out of the hood and redid the blower the right way(was only putting out about 3lbs. of boost the first time Later on he met the guy that put his blower on after the guy had quit and they guy told him that he didn't even know what he was doing lol....Anyways this was only about 6 months ago when all this happen. Needless to say he totaled his car less than two weeks later. But ya they definately have SOME kind of problem there. IMO that is
post #12 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-18-2003, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteboy
but I'VE NOTICE YOU MOD GUYS NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MUSTANGS AND MUSTANG PARTS!! CAUSE LANCE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH REAL KNOWLAGE, AND HIS CAR IS, S L O W!!
I'm trying to learn, that's why I want to watch/help put this on if I can. If you're so smart why don't you put it on. I'm 17 howI know about all of this. On top of that I'm not mechanically inclined at all

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:41 PM.
post #13 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
7k!! holy shit i need to learn on how to install blowers!

btw i'm sure there swamped with alot of cars right now, its not like that have 5 techs out there, when i did installs @ (a mustang perfromance shop) it was a pain trying to get cars out on time, Theres a bunch of good guys over @ dmp!
why are you sticking up for them?

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:50 PM.
post #14 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by BossShinoda
. I'm 17 how the fuck should I know about all of this shit. OPn top of that I'm not mechanically inclined at all
Then I would NOT put a blower on a mod motor. Take the 7K and put it in the bank untill you learn more.
post #15 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by z28ss21
Then I would NOT put a blower on a mod motor. Take the 7K and put it in the bank untill you learn more.
You're 100% right, but I'm still going to. I am smart enough to watch for stuff that might go wrong and to not dog on it, so we'll see how it goes....

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:47 PM.
post #16 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You're 100% right, but I'm still going to. I am smart enough to watch for shit that might go wrong and to not dog on it, so we'll se how it goes....
Why???????????? 7K for a motor thats going to be a ticking time bomb. I give 2k miles before the shortblock lets go, and you won't even know were to start. You droping more a blower than the damn car is worth. Save the money!
post #17 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by z28ss21
Why???????????? 7K for a motor thats going to be a ticking time bomb. I give 2k miles before the shortblock lets go, and you won't even know were to start. You droping more a blower than the damn car is worth. Save the money!
It's going on, I won't even try to go back and deal with DM again to return the merchandise, they'll charge some 50% restocking fee. I've been told by many people that if I'm nice to the car, it will last a long time. Keep in mind also the car only has 198xx miles on it.

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:51 PM.
post #18 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It's going on, I won't even try to go back and deal with DM again to return the shit, they'll charge some bs 50% restocking fee. I've been told by many people that if I'm nice to the car, it will last a long time. Keep in mind also the car only has 1977x miles on it.
Why put the blower on then? Trust me the shortblock will let go! If your ready for that then go for it.
post #19 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:24 AM
Lifer

Don't listen to them man... run low boost with a conservative tune and you should be good. I'll be running 8 lbs of boost on a vortech blower once summer hits. With a good tune of seen numerous DOHC motors go strong at 30k+ miles of boost. Start playing with 10+ Psi... and you'll go boom bitch quicklike though.
post #20 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Foxbody King

I;M 25 I CANT INSTALL A BLOWER! BUT WHEN I WAS 17 I GOT OUT THERE AND LEARNED MY OWN CAR! AND INSTALLED MY OWN SHIT!!

I'LL FORGET THAT YOU SAID I WAS SUCKING SOMEONE DICK THIS TIME!

FUCK. MAKE FREINDS OTHER THEN THE IDOTS IN MOD!
THERES ALOT OF COOL PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE THAT WOULD HELP YOU OUT!

JUST LIKE YOU MOD GUYS WONT SIT BY US GARLAND CREW AT SALIS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARENT BETTER THEN US I HAVE A 11 SEC CAR IN THE MAKING , YOUR T-TRIM ON A 96GT ISNT SCARY!! YOU WILL PROBALY MAKE 300 H.P. BTW FUCK BOSS SHINODA AND THE CHESSY STICKER CARS, GO WASTE $500 TO MAKE IT REAL LOL
DOESNT MAKE IT WORTH A PENNY MORE! RANT ON

2003 cobra DSG
post #21 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Bitter Italian

I have done a blower, my car runs fine. For a small price I will put the blower on the car for you.
post #22 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:12 AM

I'm not the only customer Dallas Mustang has lost? I guess my $1800 plus the other $3500 I was going to spend just doesn't match up to what you guys spend. I am never going back to Dallas Mustang! I have found they are way overpriced on thier labor and thier parts prices are average on some and overpriced on others. Customer Service is not part of Dallas Mustang in my opinion.
post #23 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:21 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I like dallas mustang, all it takes is one employee to change everything.

However, they are very understaffed, thats not an excuse, its something they could easily rectify.

Money is money no matter who its coming from, they shouldnt care if you are spending $10 or $10k.

post #24 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:39 AM

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE HALF TRUTH SHIT TALKING BY
SOME OF THE "NOT SO WELL INFORMED" PEOPLE OF THIS SITE.
LETS START WITH THE BEGINING.

INSTEAD OF CALLING DMP TO FIND OUT ABOUT HIS BLOWER AND IF IT CAME WITH INJECTORS, HE TOOK THE ADVICE OF THESE GREAT PERFORMANCE GODS HE CALLS FRIENDS AND WENT ON A
CRYING SPREE ON THIS SITE GIVEN DMP A BAD RAP AND TALKING ALL THIS SHIT BEFORE HE EVEN FOUND OUT THE TRUTH.

FACT: HIS KIT DID NOT COME WITH INJECTORS AND WOULD HAVE
BEEN TOLD THAT "AGAIN" IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST CALLED AND
BEEN MATURE ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION.

LETS GO TO THIS BIG INSTALL PROBLEM. HIS STATEMENT ABOUT
NOT WORKING ON HIS CAR BECAUSE HE ONLY SPENT, I MEAN HIS DAD SPENT $7000. WHEN MR. BOSSSHINODA BROUGHT HIS CAR
IN FOR INSTALL HE WAS TOLD THAT WE HAD A CAR THAT WE HAD TO FINISH BEFORE THEY COULD GET STARTED ON HIS. HE SAID THAT WAS COOL JUST GIVE HIM A CALL IF THERE WERE ANY
PROBLEMS. WELL THE SHOP MANAGER MADE THE DECISION TO CALL THE CUSTOMER AND INFORM HIM THAT IT IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED ON THE OTHER CAR AND THAT HE WOULD PROBABLY WANT TO COME AND GET HIS CAR SO HE COULD HAVE IT TO DRIVE, OR HAVE THE CHANCE TO LET SOMEONE ELSE INSTALL THE KIT.

HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT BAD SERVICE. IN THE "REAL WORLD"
NOT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT LIKE IT SHOULD. WE COULD NOT
FINISH THE OTHER CAR IN TIME TO GET TO MR. SHINODA SO WE CALLED HIM TO LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF GIVING HIM THE RUN
AROUND.

INSTEAD OF BEING APPRECIATIVE ABOUT DMP'S HONESTY TO THERE CUSTOMER HE RAN TO THE COMPUTER ONCE AGAIN LIKE A BABY HAVING A FIT, AND TALKING ALL THIS SHIT ONCE AGAIN.

DALLAS MUSTANG HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR MORE YEARS THAN YOU HAVE BEEN BREATHING, AND THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR SO LONG IF THEY TREATED EVERYONE AS BAD AS
MR SHINODA STATES. IF YOU HAVE MET HECTOR OR MIKE W. YOU WOULD KNOW THEY KNOW THERE SHIT, AND THE 15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE THAT OUR FORD TECH HAS.

I ALSO DON'T REMEBER MR SHINODA WANTING TO GET OUT OF HIS SUNDAY CLOTHES AND MEMBERS ONLY JACKET TO LEARN HOW TO WORK ON HIS CAR.
IF HE WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO INSTALL PARTS HE WOULD NOT DROP HIS CAR OFF WITH THE INTENT THAT EVERYTHING WOULD
BE PUT ON WHEN HE PICKS IT UP.

P.S PRETTY IMMATURE FOR 17 YRS OLD, LEARN TO LISTEN AND NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSION. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY DOES NOT MEAN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO "SCREW" YOU.

Last edited by Hannibal; 03-19-2003 at 09:57 AM.
post #25 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Rookie

I can believe all that hannibal said.

BOSS: Its not that hard. If you have some good tools, just get out the directions, get your daddy and a friend, and get after it. Im no Ford Tech. and i've takin my engine out twice.(with help)

If you need tools feel free to ask. Greg

No big problems with DMP here. Just heard stories of the past.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #26 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Either way DMP still sucks.
post #27 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat427
I'm not the only customer Dallas Mustang has lost? I guess my $1800 plus the other $3500 I was going to spend just doesn't match up to what you guys spend. I am never going back to Dallas Mustang! I have found they are way overpriced on thier labor and thier parts prices are average on some and overpriced on others. Customer Service is not part of Dallas Mustang in my opinion.
Hey Tom, call Ford and ask how many quarts go in your tranny and then look at your invoice. Educate yourself!
post #28 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THE HALF TRUTH SHIT TALKING BY
SOME OF THE "NOT SO WELL INFORMED" PEOPLE OF THIS SITE.
LETS START WITH THE BEGINING.
If you're tired of half truths, why are you telling them?

Quote:
INSTEAD OF CALLING DMP TO FIND OUT ABOUT HIS BLOWER ......"AGAIN" IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST CALLED AND
BEEN MATURE ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION.
I have heard stories like these other guys, so I wanted to have the facts when I went in there to see if they were lying to me.

Quote:
LETS GO TO THIS BIG INSTALL PROBLEM. HIS STATEMENT ABOUT NOT WORKING ON HIS CAR BECAUSE HE ONLY SPENT, I MEAN HIS DAD SPENT $7000.
correction, I spent. Why doesn't anyone believe that? I have one bill, that is my car, thus all the money I make goes straight into my car. (Yes my parents paid for the car, but I pay for the mods)
Quote:
WHEN MR. BOSSSHINODA BROUGHT HIS CAR
IN FOR INSTALL HE WAS TOLD THAT WE HAD A CAR THAT WE HAD TO FINISH BEFORE THEY COULD GET STARTED ON HIS. HE SAID THAT WAS COOL JUST GIVE HIM A CALL IF THERE WERE ANY
PROBLEMS. WELL THE SHOP MANAGER MADE THE DECISION TO CALL THE CUSTOMER AND INFORM HIM THAT IT IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXPECTED ON THE OTHER CAR AND THAT HE WOULD PROBABLY WANT TO COME AND GET HIS CAR SO HE COULD HAVE IT TO DRIVE, OR HAVE THE CHANCE TO LET SOMEONE ELSE INSTALL THE KIT.
He never called me, I called him, it appeared as though he was never planning to call me, that's why I'm so mad.

Quote:
HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT BAD SERVICE. IN THE "REAL WORLD" NOT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT LIKE IT SHOULD. WE COULD NOT FINISH THE OTHER CAR IN TIME TO GET TO MR. SHINODA SO WE CALLED HIM TO LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF GIVING HIM THE RUN AROUND.
Again, they never called me.

Quote:
P.S PRETTY IMMATURE FOR 17 YRS OLD, LEARN TO LISTEN AND NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSION. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET YOUR WAY DOES NOT MEAN SOMEONE IS TRYING TO "SCREW" YOU.
Yeah real immature, and I'm not talking smack, just letting people know how DM "takes care" of customers

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:48 PM.
post #29 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by BLACK96STROKER
I can believe all that hannibal said.

BOSS: Its not that hard. If you have some good tools, just get out the directions, get your daddy and a friend, and get after it. Im no Ford Tech. and i've takin my engine out twice.(with help)

If you need tools feel free to ask. Greg

No big problems with DMP here. Just heard stories of the past.
I would love to do that, but since I am paying for all of this stuff, I have to work 5 days a week (both weekend plus three days during the week after school), which leaves me very little time to work on the car, even if I knew how. I didn't feel like any of you guys on here would want to help me, since we haven't known each other that long, and since most people on here are being rude, I really don't want them working on my car. Also that is my daily driver, so when it is being worked on, I'm out of a car and have a hard time finding rides to and from work.

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:51 PM.
post #30 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
I;M 25 I CANT INSTALL A BLOWER! BUT WHEN I WAS 17 I GOT OUT THERE AND LEARNED MY OWN CAR! AND INSTALLED MY OWN SHIT!!
again, it's my daily driver, so when should I work on that between work and school?

Quote:
I'LL FORGET THAT YOU SAID I WAS SUCKING SOMEONE DICK THIS TIME!
thanks, just very pissed off right now, not trying to start anything, just get all the stuff that I have onto my car so I can relax and enjoy it.

Quote:
FUCK. MAKE FREINDS OTHER THEN THE IDOTS IN MOD!
THERES ALOT OF COOL PEOPLE ON THIS WEBSITE THAT WOULD HELP YOU OUT!
name one, all I see/hear are rude people

Quote:
JUST LIKE YOU MOD GUYS WONT SIT BY US GARLAND CREW AT SALIS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS ARENT BETTER THEN US I HAVE A 11 SEC CAR IN THE MAKING , YOUR T-TRIM ON A 96GT ISNT SCARY!! YOU WILL PROBALY MAKE 300 H.P. BTW FUCK BOSS SHINODA AND THE CHESSY STICKER CARS, GO WASTE $500 TO MAKE IT REAL LOL
DOESNT MAKE IT WORTH A PENNY MORE! RANT ON
It's an S-trim, don't know why we don't sit together, I tried, but I don't know y'all, maybe tonight... I'm supposed to get 350, and you may think it's cheesy, but I think it's cool, otherwise I would have taken the stickers off, or not even have bought the car in the first place.

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:52 PM.
post #31 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Foxbody King

WELL YOUR NOT A BAD GUY TREY YOUR JUST HANGING OUT WITH THE WRONG CROWED,

I HAVE A TON OF PARTS I NEED INSTALLED, I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME, BUT ITS BEST TO HAVE A SECOND CAR WHEN YOU OWN A HIGHLY MOD MUSTANG!!

JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN, I TALK SHIT TO EVERYONE AND I STILL HAVEN PLENTY OF PEOPLE WILLING TO HELP ME,
I PERSONALY HELP OUT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE,
WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

2003 cobra DSG
post #32 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 01:14 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

I help people all the time from this website, I've gotten help as well when I've needed it. Car towed, help with 5lug install, engine building etc...

post #33 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
WELL YOUR NOT A BAD GUY TREY YOUR JUST HANGING OUT WITH THE WRONG CROWED,

I HAVE A TON OF PARTS I NEED INSTALLED, I JUST DONT HAVE THE TIME, BUT ITS BEST TO HAVE A SECOND CAR WHEN YOU OWN A HIGHLY MOD MUSTANG!!

JUST CALM THE FUCK DOWN, I TALK SHIT TO EVERYONE AND I STILL HAVEN PLENTY OF PEOPLE WILLING TO HELP ME,
I PERSONALY HELP OUT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE,
WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND
WOW.
Whiteboy had a nice post. Whtboy, do want me to bring the pump tonight or are still low on cash.

BOSS, if you study the directions while in the boring Government class at school, you will see that it will only take half a day at the most to put that thing on. I'd help but you know my situation with my car. Being a full time student with an almost full time job limits me too. Plus my garage is pretty tied up right now with my project. Greg

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #34 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Time Served

someone just tried to cross a bridge that is already burnt.
post #35 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Lifer

If you dont have time to install the blower what are you going to do when the shortblock lets go?
post #36 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelsuptopdown
someone just tried to cross a bridge that is already burnt.
LMAO!

That was quick!
post #37 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Time Served

About Team Shinoda

Team Shinoda was formed by Karen Shinoda, Brian Flahive (Larry’s son-in-law), Jim Klok and Dallas Mustang to continue the legacy of Larry Shinoda and the BOSS Mustang.

Currently Team Shinoda is a member of SEMA(Specialty Equipted Manufatures Association). We are also working with Mustang Club of America to develop a Shinoda classification for judging in National shows throughout the country.

Today there nearly 50 late model BOSS and Cobra Shinoda’s certified and registered in the United States. Come join the team and share in the pride that has become a legend.

That is one big bridge you burned.

available @ teamshinoda.com
post #38 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 PM
FTH!

Quote:
FUCKER!!! LOL!!
post #39 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Lifer

I have been to Dallas Mustang a few times and have never had a problem. They even stayed open late one day for me and a buddy so we could buy some parts. A shop cannot and will not always please everyone 100% of the time. I certainly cant speak for your case but I have never had a problem.
post #40 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:18 PM

Quote"Hey Tom, call Ford and ask how many quarts go in your tranny and then look at your invoice. Educate yourself!"

Hey Bobby,

Don't you think I did that already. I have 2 invoices from Ford that shows 5 quarts. Both times the tech said it took almost 4.5 quarts to reach the fill level. Check out the tremec website. It states 3.8 liters which is over 4 quarts.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English...ts/TR-3650.asp

What was that about education?
post #41 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
Originally posted by HPF89X
I have been to Dallas Mustang a few times and have never had a problem. They even stayed open late one day for me and a buddy so we could buy some parts. A shop cannot and will not always please everyone 100% of the time. I certainly cant speak for your case but I have never had a problem.
I know that. I would have been displeased had they called and told me that they were unable to get the car out on time. But they never called, that is the part of the puzzle I don't understand.

As for the shortblock, when it blows, it blows, I'll find a ride, but untill then... who knows

n/a
post #42 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Good times

This thread wasn't meant to talk smack. I was venting with all the cussing and things like that. I was just letting everyone on here know how Dallas Mustang treats customers who spend a good chunk of change at their shop. I understand back-ups and getting behind, but the least you could do is call me, or try to arrange some money off or something. I saw no effort on their part. There is no excuse for not making a 5 minute phone call, I'm in retail, so I know what it's like to deal with irrate customers, but at least at my job, we call people and let them know how it's going.

As for DM employees, if you (or appearently your owner) want to talk to me, I'm on your file, so give me a call.

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:53 PM.
post #43 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Good times

Quote:
GIVEN DMP A BAD RAP AND TALKING ALL THIS SHIT BEFORE HE EVEN FOUND OUT THE TRUTH.
I didn't give you guys a bad rap, y'all did, look at all the other replies on this thread and you'll see my point.

Quote:
FACT: HIS KIT DID NOT COME WITH INJECTORS AND WOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT "AGAIN" IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST CALLED AND BEEN MATURE ABOUT THE WHOLE SITUATION.
Why should I even have to call you guys. If you had a good reputation, maybe I could trust that you weren't screwing me around, because you think I'm some punk kid who doesn't work for what he has.

Quote:
HE WAS TOLD THAT WE HAD A CAR THAT WE HAD TO FINISH BEFORE THEY COULD GET STARTED ON HIS. HE SAID THAT WAS COOL JUST GIVE HIM A CALL IF THERE WERE ANY
He only told me that after I called to check on it. He also said that he would finish that car tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and start on mine that afternoon. I called that afternoon and that's when I was told that even though I had an apppointment on March 14th, they wouldn't start it till the 24th. And this is after I ordered it the 8th of February, that's as fast as they could get me in. (which if you recall I was very nice about and didn't complain at all.)

Quote:
SO WE CALLED HIM TO LET HIM KNOW INSTEAD OF GIVING HIM THE RUN AROUND.
When did you call me? I got messages yesterday when I got home so I know the machine was working, but there was no message from y'all.... Real honest

Quote:
INSTEAD OF BEING APPRECIATIVE ABOUT DMP'S HONESTY TO THERE CUSTOMER HE RAN TO THE COMPUTER ONCE AGAIN LIKE A BABY HAVING A FIT, AND TALKING ALL THIS SHIT ONCE AGAIN.
What honesty? I was never called, you're lying now even after all of this.

Quote:
THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR SO LONG IF THEY TREATED EVERYONE AS BAD AS MR SHINODA STATES.
Didn't say you treat everyone bad, just said I wasn't taken care of, you're reading too much into this. Remember I'm just a crying baby ^

Quote:
IF YOU HAVE MET HECTOR
Met Hector, cool guy, no problems with him, other than the fact that he just happened to be gone this week. Congrats BTW.

Also, which one of y'all is hannibal?

Last edited by BossShinoda; 03-24-2003 at 09:55 PM.
post #44 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Shakin them haters off!

Location: You've seen mine, Now lets see your's...Come with what you GOT!! No excuses!!
Quote:
why are you sticking up for them, which one sucked your dick?
LOL!!! all of them, didn't you know, whiteboy likes that kind of thing, like this----->

Keep HATIN motha fucka$!
post #45 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 11:08 PM
Shakin them haters off!

Location: You've seen mine, Now lets see your's...Come with what you GOT!! No excuses!!
Quote:
Ooooooo, aren't you cool. Do you want a cookie fester? Turn off your caps button dumbass.

Keep HATIN motha fucka$!
post #46 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 11:09 PM
Shakin them haters off!

Oh and FUCK DMP, their customer service sucks dick, overpriced, and should be wiped off the fuckin map

Keep HATIN motha fucka$!
post #47 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 12:00 AM

Save yourself some money and get a 4v.
post #48 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Shakin them haters off!

Quote:
Originally posted by 98DROPTOP4V
Save yourself some money and get a 4v.
eggsactly.

It's really exactly for all you spelling majors.

Keep HATIN motha fucka$!
post #49 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat427
Quote"Hey Tom, call Ford and ask how many quarts go in your tranny and then look at your invoice. Educate yourself!"

Hey Bobby,

Don't you think I did that already. I have 2 invoices from Ford that shows 5 quarts. Both times the tech said it took almost 4.5 quarts to reach the fill level. Check out the tremec website. It states 3.8 liters which is over 4 quarts.

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English...ts/TR-3650.asp

What was that about education?
Tom, when filling a trans with fluid there are two service ports that are accessed with a 3/8 drive, maybe some other people that work on their cars can help me out on this one please. The two ports are as follows, one is for draining and the other for filling. The fill port is level with fill line, so when filling you simply pump the fluid until it runs out that port. When filling your trans at DMP, it is done with a 5 gallon bucket and pump. Even if your invoice says that we only put in three quarts, you for sure had the proper amount. Just mark it off as more free stuff that you received from DMP to go along with your 10 free dyno pulls. I wish I could put what I really want to say to you. Its like how much free stuff does someone have to give you for you to be happy?
post #50 of 131 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by M.O.D.
Oh and FUCK DMP, their customer service sucks dick, overpriced, and should be wiped off the fuckin map
If you want us off the map so bad, STOP COMMING HERE. What kind of welcome do you think you will get now? So the times we get you in the shop immediately for a exhaust leak, not scheduled with a full shop, thats bad customer service? It sounds like bad customer. Has anyone ever read the artical in 5.0 mag about the relationship between you and your performance shop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement