98 V6 Superchared -- - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

Post 98 V6 Superchared --

Buddy Got done with putting his Vortech S Trim on his 98 [bV6[/b] last night. Took him 15 hours.

Damn thing is loud.

I was suprised with the performance.. pulled pretty nice for a V6, liked it better than the squeeze he had on it.

He raced a 98 Stock GT and pulled him pretty nice till 100 MPH and the GT started to slowly suck him in. Maybe some gears and he'll be beating GT's.

He surely gets some looks.

[This message has been edited by Five Point Slow (edited 08-22-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:46 PM
I am a Motherfucker

Quote:
Originally posted by Five Point Slow:
Took him 15 hours.

------------------

347 Stroker
373 Hp 468 Ftlbs (on motor)
200 NOS Big Shot
10.5 M/T streets
C-4 4.11 gears
(soon to be carburated)
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:47 PM
MFFL!

How can your buddy get his V-6 GT supercharged?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

Hell yeah! 15 freaking hours with about 20 trips to Autozone included in that time.

Thats what took most of the time and Messing with the A/C.. said that took him nearly 3 hours to grind and bend all the hoses to get them back working. Probably been quicker if he would have just removed the AC but he still wanted it.

He also did it by himself and it was his first time to do an blower install.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:50 PM
Lifer

Sounds cool.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:52 PM
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !

I was going to do that on my old V6... they are nice and work well Ive heard.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 01:54 PM
Lifer

I think his money would have been beter spent on a v8 conversion, because if he is only realing in stock Gt's he has alot of work ahead of him. But that is just my opinion. Good luck, and congrats on getting it done.

------------------
DarkPony's Page

98 Black GT, 5 speed, Black Leather, Konig Villans(17X8 17X9), Nitto 555-R's Drag Radials, Mac Off-Road H, Mac Pro-Dumps, Steeda Timing adj. 16deg., ASP Balanced Pullies, Pro-M 87mm Bullet, Eibach Sportlines, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Adjustable Rear Swaybar, K&N, Accell Coil Packs, Crane 8.5mm Fire Wires, FRPP 70MM Throttle Body, Pro-5.0, Autometer Shiftlite, 35th Aniv. Dash Bezel, Painted trim accents, Bad Driver Mod.

221RWHP 1/8th
296RWTQ [email protected]
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

Well, he said he wanted something different.. who knows..

2500 bucks isnt that bad. It would have costed WAAAY more than that plus A LOT MORE Time and effort to convert the car over to a v8 and have it reliable.

He looked into that and it was too much time considering he drives this car daily (he did it after he got off work and had the next day off and drove it to work the next day)

I think it was a good idea. Blowers Kick Ass and id much rather hear a blower under my hood than just a stock V8.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:31 PM
Lifer

I remember Saleen use to sell supercharged V6's. They were just as fast as the GT, with a lot less for insurance.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:33 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Way Cool Jr:
I remember Saleen use to sell supercharged V6's. They were just as fast as the GT, with a lot less for insurance.
But cost more than a GT and no room to grow. You can say they are just as fast as a GT, but strap a blower to a GT and the poor 6 wouldn't stand a chance.
I don't mean to bash, just pointing out the facts.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:42 PM
MFFL!

Boy, Leda's talking a bunch of smack now. What really happened in cancun?

------------------
Silver 2000 GT, Spring Edition
Steeda Tri-ax, Steeda Pulleys, Mac Offroad H-pipe.

"Hell yes I muff dive!!"
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:44 PM
MFFL!

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:03 PM
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !

smack.....down !
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:17 PM
Insane In The Membrane

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPony:
I think his money would have been beter spent on a v8 conversion, because if he is only realing in stock Gt's he has alot of work ahead of him. But that is just my opinion. Good luck, and congrats on getting it done.

Man I'm with Dark Pony but what ever floats your boat!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:19 PM
DFWStangs' Patron Saint

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang_marc:
Probably the same thing that is making me see your post twice.

But I like it.

post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 03:21 PM
The Big Matt

That's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of...

------------------
1990 Titanium LX

[This message has been edited by Silverback (edited 08-22-2001).]
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 04:31 PM
GE
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang_marc:
No punani!!!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

Question

Silveback, i could care less what you think about.

How about getting your POS ready to race me??

You race the v6 first and see how many links you beat him by. Then ill race you and see how many train links i beat you by. Then we can average the two together and find out that yours is just slow as shit.

Sound good?
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:59 PM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
how many links you beat him by. Then ill race you and see how many train links i beat you by.
links= lengths
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

Thumbs up

Yeah, that would probably work a little better..

Im just tired of these faggot looking bitches on here running there mouths to everyone on here and trying to make themselves have a higher self esteem.

Just some punk bitches on here trying to look tough but arent nothing but fat faggots.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 06:18 PM
Extreme Clean!

Thumbs down

Quote:

Im just tired of these faggot looking bitches on here running there mouths to everyone on here and trying to make themselves have a higher self esteem.

Just some punk bitches on here trying to look tough but arent nothing but fat faggots.
Why on earth would you run your mouth at one of the bigger fuggers on the board???? Not smart. Sorry you don't like others opinions.

After what you have said, Im going to laugh when he stomps your candy ass.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 06:25 PM
The Big Matt

Quote:

Why because I voice my opinion????

Jesus you are a panzy little bitch. I think it's pretty fucking stupid to put a blower on a v6, so do half the people that posted on this thread. Just because you are a jack ass, and can't see that, don't come whining to me.

What exactly are you going to race me in??? The car that you don't own, the shop does??, or your wonderful bad ass bowtie??? hahahahahah

Tell me, and let me know when, I'll go buy a fucking alternator, and slap it on there, and shut your fucking mouth.... boy....

------------------
1990 Titanium LX
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:07 PM
DFWStangs' Patron Saint

Thumbs down

What I find hilarious is the people ragging on the guy, yet most people don't do their own work. The most "work" they do is writing the check when they pick the car up from the shop.

He earns more respect for doing it himself than anybody who just writes checks or charges their way into a fast car.

So what if its a V-6? The Mustang owes its life to the base engine. Without the money from the sales of the base powerplant, no money is put into the development of the V-8. The car wouldn't even be around. Hell, the Mustang was known as a "Secretaries' Car" when it was introduced, since most of the ones tooling around were the straight-sixes.

Am I a idiot for building up a '77 Maverick because it came with a 2BBL. stock? Or that I built up a '66 T-Bird weighing 5000 pounds? Mustangs aren't exactly svelte you know.

Here is another build up to blow your mind. A 400M in a '77 T-Bird. They have a huge untapped potential, but most people dismiss them as "smog motors." Surprise, surprise, they come from the Cleveland engine family and have the longest stroke of any stock Ford engine.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Watch Me Do Me

First off, the V6 isnt mine. I thought it was pretty cool that he put a blower on his car. I figured some might want to know how it ran. I would be interested in to what it ran. That's Me.

Silverback, go get your alternator, my camaro has been running for quite a long time now. Are you going to get your buddy from Corpus christie to come up and put it on for you??

Ill even run u my motor to your juice. I really could care less.

I dont understand why you have to rag on a V6. I could rag on you for not having a cobra since its above the GT/LX. Or i could rag on you for not going even futher and buying a saleen/roush/steeda...

You're just a Dumb Bitch, face it. You cant ever keep your mouth shut when it needs to be kept shut. I think you need to take up dick sucking. You'd probably make lots of money.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:15 PM
SICKCOBRA46

heard it five point slow!!!

------------------
saleen body kit w/saleen powdercoated wheels,4.10 gears,cold air induction,pro 5.0 shifter
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:20 PM
The Janitor

i personally think its cool to try to work with what you have. Its a pony car, not a accord for chris-sake. Props to the guy for the install work himself. I wish i had that skill.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 01:05 AM
The Big Matt

Quote:
First off, the V6 isnt mine. I thought it was pretty cool that he put a blower on his car. I figured some might want to know how it ran. I would be interested in to what it ran. That's Me.

Silverback, go get your alternator, my camaro has been running for quite a long time now. Are you going to get your buddy from Corpus christie to come up and put it on for you??
What are you talking about??? My "buddy from Corpus", you mean Bernie? Yeah, I ask Bernie to "help" me when I need it, but I do just about everything I can, myself to my car. He's a good friend, and helps out when he can. And I'll give him his props any day of the week, he's one of my best friends. I never claim to know everything about cars, unlike your pathetic ass. Like I said in the other thread, there isn't an alternator on my car, because it's on my roommates car, and I have a second car to drive, so it's not a top priority. But I'll get one whenever you and your buddy want.

Quote:
Ill even run u my motor to your juice. I really could care less.
I don't even have a nitrous kit on my car anymore, it's on Kim's car. I won't need it for either of you.

Quote:
I dont understand why you have to rag on a V6. I could rag on you for not having a cobra since its above the GT/LX. Or i could rag on you for not going even futher and buying a saleen/roush/steeda...

You're just a Dumb Bitch, face it. You cant ever keep your mouth shut when it needs to be kept shut. I think you need to take up dick sucking. You'd probably make lots of money.
Wow you are a genius... Like I said, I voiced my opinion on putting a blower on a v6. I didn't say anything about not giving the guy props for installing it himself, or ragging on him for taking 15 hours. NEVER. I said it was stupid to put a blower on a V6, and I still believe it is. End of story.

------------------
1990 Titanium LX

[This message has been edited by Silverback (edited 08-23-2001).]
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 01:34 AM
Floored...

Quote:

You should bring that smack talk to Starbucks Thurs nite.

I'd like to see you talk shit like that in person.

And whos the punk bitch? Sounds like your the punk bitch talking like a faggot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement