American Muscle SUCKS!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

American Muscle SUCKS!!!

So my buddy bought some hypercoated Fr500 wheels from AMERICAN MUSCLE 18x9front and 18x10 in the rear. So he ordered them over a month ago, they told him that the rears were on backorder and sent him the fronts. So last week he get the rears in goes to discount has them mounted and balanced. He drives to my house and I immediately notice that the fronts are DARKER than the back! Complete CRAP! He calls American muscle and the they will not take them back due to the fact they cannot RESELL them even though they sent him SH*T. Told him that he should have inspected them before he put them on! Well, if they would have sent what that had advertised then it wouldn't have been a problem. Anyways they offer to SELL him 2 more wheels for a slightly reduced price, but who knows what damn color they will be! So cost my bud like $300 extra dollars because of their F-up.

Short story long American muscle need to take another look at their Business ETHICS. This alone is more than enough for me to never buy anything from them, and I hope YOU don't either! Untrustworthy False Advertisers!!!

1996 Blk/Blk Cobra: Teksid Block(283ci), Manley Rods, Manley pistons(9.2:1), MMR oil pump, Canton RR pan, Canton Windage tray, ARP everything, Livernois valvesprings, C&L 87mm MAF and inlet, MMR coilovers, Koni yellows, Gripp cc plates, and full Bassani. Forced induction coming soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Time Served

I like AmericanMuscle I buy my bolt ons from them. I have never had a bad experience with them.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
'tis the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]$
I like AmericanMuscle I buy my bolt ons from them. I have never had a bad experience with them.
did they help you build your 700hp turbo beast? Oh wait, fuck off.

2002 Corvette --Sold
2009 Mazda CX7 GT--Turbo baby hauler
1976 #s matching Formula--Weekend fun

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Lifer

That sucks. I have ordered wheels and other items from them and always had great luck with them. The problem is you mounted the wheels. Try and continue talking with them and they will come around. GL

05 GT, 07 Trailblazer SS, 04 Lightning

Past vehicles: 4 93 cobras, 96 cobra, 99 cobra, 03 cobra, 04 cobra,04 cobra vert 8 fox bodies, 3 94-95 gt's, 04 Lighting, SVT contour, 02 Saleen, 2 03 Mach 1's, 02 & 03GT's, 08 bullitt, 01 bullitt,65 Coupe, 07 si
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Lifer

That sucks about your buddies wheels not matchings. When I ordered my wheels from them, the backs were on back order. They said they could ship the fronts and I asked if the new wheels would match, they said it would be close but they were made at different times so no guarantee. So I told them to get me a full set out of the new truck and they did. Wheels match perfect, I guess you have to know what questions to ask.

Photobucket
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Lifer

He didnt notice that they were different shades prior to the mounting? Most places wont take them back if they have been mounted. Im pretty sure it says that on the wheel, at least the ones ive purchased were like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarsh93z
Don't Fuck with DFWStangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Last edited by 347Mike; 06-02-2008 at 10:28 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]$
same here ive bought parts and rims from them and have not had problems.dm hey sent me matchinng set at nno cost.hope all gts worked out for your buddy
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

I know it's not my problem, but this seems to be pretty common. I would love to see any other wheel manufacturer try and pull that on it customers! If they are all "hypercoated" then they should all look the same. And as far as inspecting them before they were mounted; you have to see them in the sunlight to truly notice, but once you do notice that is all you see. All I'm saying is replacment should have been 100% FREE, and how hard is it to make a matching SET of wheels?

1996 Blk/Blk Cobra: Teksid Block(283ci), Manley Rods, Manley pistons(9.2:1), MMR oil pump, Canton RR pan, Canton Windage tray, ARP everything, Livernois valvesprings, C&L 87mm MAF and inlet, MMR coilovers, Koni yellows, Gripp cc plates, and full Bassani. Forced induction coming soon!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkSdeCobra
I know it's not my problem, but this seems to be pretty common. I would love to see any other wheel manufacturer try and pull that on it customers! If they are all "hypercoated" then they should all look the same. And as far as inspecting them before they were mounted; you have to see them in the sunlight to truly notice, but once you do notice that is all you see. All I'm saying is replacment should have been 100% FREE, and how hard is it to make a matching SET of wheels?
They weren't made at the same time, which means they weren't painted at the same time. You can get close when mixing paints but you will never have the exact same color. I do think its a little shitty they aren't going to help him out any. What he needs to do is sell them and get a new set.

Photobucket
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Lifer

That sucks, I guess. I never had a problem with them.

Sounds a little odd that he didn't notice the mismatch prior to mounting. The problem is 50% your buddies fault whether he likes it or not. There wouldn't have been an issue if he would have opened his eye balls and looked at them after taking delivery. A quick phone call and that would have been it.

You have to actually pay attention when you spend money like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Can you post some pictures?
That sucks and better luck next time.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Time Served

That sucks. I have never had a problem with them. I dont think i would have let them send me the fronts without the rears with them. I mean..... what are you going to do with the fronts while your waiting on the rears to come in? Anyways hope it works out. I would just keep calling and bugging them ect. Maybe they will sell me his rims discounted?

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 AM
LUCIFER

Sucks to hear, just keep calling. Try to not let your buddy focus on calling and bitching about it but more trying to resolve without attitude sometimes helps.

I've used AM, they were good

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
BANNED

never had a problem with that site.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

A dog must have fucked your mother when she made you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

American Muscle is saying they want to see pics. They're saying that they are suppose to look that way. Will post up pics SOON!

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Lifer

Smaaaaaaaaaaaaack My Bitch Up

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
pos
Lifer

Tell them this " here is the bottom line, I ordered a set of painted wheels from you guys, and when they were recieved the color variation was minor and not noticeable until they were mounted on the car and in the sunlight, I should not have to take my product and make comparisons of my product inside, outside, sunny and/or cloudy, you sold me the product the product does not match colors" When they say well we cant resell them say "so if I hadn't mounted them you are saying you are gonna sell a mismatched painted set of wheels to someone else knowingly?"

The offer that should be fair "enough" is that he sends all 4 wheels back for a repaint. Them offering to sell him 2 more puts him in the exact same position, wheels painted at different times. There policy may be you mount it you bought it but they sold a "defective product" that was not able to be identified as defective until mounted

As stated above its nice to know what questions to ask and when but that comes with experience, but the point is you bought a product that was not as described.

If they dont come up with a better plan tell them that the very least they can do is have the wheels painted for him and cover all shipping and painting costs. Then they wont loose much.

00 Camaro SS, stuff, wheels, still slow
08 KFX 450R, crash test dummy vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
FUCK!! im gay then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement