Double LS1 Smackdown... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Double LS1 Smackdown...

There are two A4 LS1 cars that run around Stillwater that are always trying to race me. One is a black '00 Z28, the other is a black '99 TA. I've beaten both of them before, but they always come try again when they do some new mods. Well, they both have lids, exhaust, and power programmers. Probably a couple other little things (like the free mods) that they don't mention.

They saw me today driving home from class and I had them follow me WAY outside of town to a safe(r) place to run them.

First up was the TA. We went from a stop and I jumped about 2 carlengths right off the bat (Nitto DR's and 4.30's work wonders). I pulled about two more car lengths on him through a 1/4 and then I shut it down. He was like, "What the hell do you have on that thing?"

"Just exhaust, a shifter, gears, and a cold air pipe."

"Damn!"

Then it was the Z28's turn. He said his was a little faster...and it was. But not fast enough. Same situation on the start, I jumped two lengths from the get-go. But I only pulled about another carlength and a half on him through the rest of the 1/4. He had just a little more than the TA.

I was pretty shocked to beat two modded LS1 cars, but I guess my car's not exactly stock either. I can't imagine what it'll be like when the 4.56's go in next week.

Just wanted to share,
Johnny V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Hamilton Racing Ownz U

Sounds like a good running Cobra. I always like to hear of a good LS-1 ass kicking... Keep it up!

Grey 86 GT - Rebuild pending
Orange 08 Corvette
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Liar

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm not lying, my car isn't stock though. But it is completely Naturally aspirated (for a while anyways). I'm making close to the same RWHP as a stock LS1 but the gears and DR's give me an edge.

-Johnny V.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:27 PM

what car do you drive...

I'm moving to stillwater in a couple of months. Just thought i'd ask, plus I saw a bad ass orange 5.0 there with cobra R's, you talk about bad!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

That orange 5.0 is weak. It's almost completely stock except for a couple minor bolt-ons. Here are the cars to watch out for:

- '67 Black Camaro - he's got a 454 with a 200 shot on it. Runs 10's with the spray, low 11's without.

- '69 Blue Mach 1 - 460 in it and he's running 11.60's.

-A handful of old bodystyle S-10's with stroked 350's (383s-396s) in them. Most are in the 11's and one in the 10's on spray.

With your mods you should be able to lay the smackdown on the two LS1's I beat. The Z-28 is impossible to miss, it has white stickers and shit all over it. The TA looks like any other black '99 TA with stock wheels and tinted windows.

Are you moving up here for school? If you need a place to live for the summer a couple of my roomates are moving out and the guy that's staying is looking for some summer roomates. We have a pimp-ass 4 bedroom condo by the lake...it's about the nicest college place in Stillwater.

-Johnny V.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 01:16 PM

hell yea...

I'll be there to go to school, Hell that house sounds good, but I don't know when I'm moving down there. Probably at the end of july or so...so that orange car is weak huh, looks good though. What car is yours?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Here's a link to my site:

www.geocities.com/j_vassilakos

It's not totally updated with my current mods and pics. I should be updating it this week or next.

-Johnny V.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:03 PM

Thumbs up Fuck....

Bad ass car man, I bet your happy now since you sold the thunder bird, although it was a nice looking thunder bird
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2002, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'm probably going to be picking up another T-Bird similar to it in the next month or two. I need a daily driver to keep the mileage down on the Cobra.

-Johnny V.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 11:23 PM

Thumbs up

Hell I'll have to look you up when I get there, I have a 5.0 painted like no other car, it's yellow, but not exactly you know what I mean, just trust me. LOL. Also I finally made it off of the PUNK ASS NEWBIE without post whoring. Thanks to all you guys for catching my eye on some part you had, and some that I bought. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement