James... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Colorado Dreamin'

James...

Figured since you were probably still locked up in here I'd let you know this is in the back porch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgreyfox
So I'm headed to Waxahachie to pick up some parts I bought online yesterday, and my ride begins acting up (sputters, then dies)...I coast over to the side of the road, and pop the hood for a look (thinking its something stupid - more on that later). Attempt to crank and start, but it continues to do nothing but crank.

I'm in the middle of nowhere(literally), and just as I'm about to pull my cell phone out to call a friend or a tow truck, a white Chevy pickup pulls over - two guys jump out, and one of them speaks up..."What's wrong? Need help?"

I explained what happened, and one of them says to crank it over (after removing a coil wire) to check for spark (its a 5 liter btw)...no spark whatsoever...the one guy runs back to the truck and pulls out a meter, checking wires. I get on my phone to call the people I was supposed to meet up with as the two guys look over my car, followed up by a call to my girlfriend to let her know where I'm at.

"Your TFI module is toast - we can go get one for you if you'd like" they say...I offer them money, but they refuse "We'll get it - you okay to stay with your car?"
I tell them I'll wait, and they take off...nearest town is at least 15 miles away, and no tellin' if they have a module in stock or not.

After about 45 minutes, they return with part in hand and the special tool to remove the module - swap it out, and the car runs flawlessly, in fact, better than the entire time i've owned it.

"What do I owe you guys?" I ask them, offering them a $100 for the part and their time..."Give us what we paid for the part - here is the receipt so you can see what we paid for it" says the same guy who originally approached me.

I give them 60 bux, telling them the difference is for the gas they used in their truck, plus any time spent, since they obviously knew what they were doing. I ask them if they posted on any message boards, and both say yes, on DFWstangs.net, only not as much anymore.

So, a big thanks goes out to greenbullitt (Paul) and Maverick (James)...(especially Maverick, since he was the one who went the extra mile and probably above and beyond when most other people wouldn't have bothered)...these guys are really cool, definitely know their stuff/knowledgable, and i'm greatful for their help...they got me underway for less than a tow bill to the nearest town
Just wanted to add that it was a very cool thing to do..

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 07:58 AM
PAN

Damn. Plus a couple points for sure...
post #3 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Painting Your House

post #4 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Colorado Dreamin'

Nevermind.. The story is bogus.. This guy has known Greenbullitt for years.

Why the bullshit story? Trying to salvage some reputations?

I uploaded one post but there are others here..

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249519

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255231

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

Last edited by Chili; 02-17-2009 at 01:26 PM.
post #5 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Painting Your House

In light of Chili's discovery, I'll take my beer back, thank you.
post #6 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 AM
que?

what a couple of losers
post #7 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Foxbody King

notchnate was his old user name i belive

2003 cobra DSG
post #8 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm # 209

Busted!
post #9 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
Who?

90 Bronco

post #10 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:21 AM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili
Who?
mike jones

Quote:
Who?
mike jones

Quote:
Who?
mike jones
post #11 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I make this look good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove Rat
mike jones

mike jones

mike jones
LOLz

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
- Will Rogers
post #12 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM
stangchick74

shocking

*this message has been duplicated to give ALL a chance to read it.
post #13 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
mike jones

mike jones

mike jones
Lol.. Nice. Prompted me to listen to some Swisha House.. I just burned that CD into my iTunes last night.

"If you ain't suckin or fuckin, bitch walk."

90 Bronco

post #14 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:06 AM
que?

Quote:
Lol.. Nice. Prompted me to listen to some Swisha House.. I just burned that CD into my iTunes last night.

"If you ain't suckin or fuckin, bitch walk."
probably the best swisha house song IMO

this guy has some good songs that i haven't heard in a long time

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=chuck713713&p=v

Last edited by Grove Rat; 07-22-2007 at 10:12 AM.
post #15 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 AM
v2004 rebooted.

It's 11:31 and all three of these guys are still douchebags.
post #16 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Quote:
Nevermind.. The story is bogus.. This guy has known Greenbullitt for years.

Why the bullshit story? Trying to salvage some reputations?

I uploaded one post but there are others here..

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249519

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255231

Ya know Craig, just because I've known Zach doesn't mean I've actually seen him in a while...

James actually saw him on the side of the road broke down, and I didn't know that he had gotten a "new" car...I wasn't even paying attention (I was on the phone)...we turned around and went back to help him. Its only then I realized it was Zach - that being said, its probably a good thing he saw him when he did...

With all that said, a good deed is a good deed, no matter how you look at it...I guess Zach felt like posting something positive for a change, instead of all the bullshit you guys give James on this board...those of you who are friends with James know that this is really how he is...hell, Zach even invited us over for beers afterwards, and we stopped by for a few.

Dig up some more threads on James and the people he has helped in the past Chili...notchnate was one of them - hell, pm him directly if you feel the need - he is one of many (and still a valid user - whiteboy has him confused with Zach - not the same person)

You need to find someone else to vent your rage towards Chili...I think plenty of you have used James as a punching bag for too long now

who gives a fuck? Get over it...

And, for any of you that care, this is exactly how I met James - he came over my house to help me on my racecar, in the middle of the night during a work week with an unresolved issue and got the damn thing fixed...
post #17 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
v2004 rebooted.

He wasn't always a punching bag. He earned it.
post #18 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
It's 11:31 and all three of these guys are still douchebags.
its july 22,2007 and for 30yrs, you're still a dumbfuck loser. you work at an auto supply and can't even fix your own car... i don't know many people that don't know how to secure a jackstand under their own 4x4 bel-air...
post #19 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Foxbody King

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbullitt
its july 22,2007 and for 30yrs, you're still a dumbfuck loser. you work at an auto supply and can't even fix your own car... i don't know many people that don't know how to secure a jackstand under their own 4x4 bel-air...
i wasnt sure.

lol @ eric

2003 cobra DSG
post #20 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Painting Your House

I know James from the car shows and stuff and I think he is a great guy. This thread is more of a reflection on 1badgreyfox than anyone. Trying to sneak under the radar on DFWstangs just ain't gonna happen.
James...If you already opened up the beer, just drink it.
post #21 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:00 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:

This loser doesn't have other people invent stories about me to look cool on teh interweb.
post #22 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:03 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Quote:
This loser doesn't have other people invent stories about me to look cool on teh interweb.
ive never been a loser and never will be,nor do i have people invent stories...
post #23 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:

LMFAO @ "interweb"

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!

2009 Fusion- Daily
1990 LX- Broken
1996 GT- SOLD
post #24 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
ive never been a loser and never will be,nor do i have people invent stories...

It ain't just a river in Egypt.
post #25 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
It ain't just a river in Egypt.
post #26 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:09 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996

jesus christ.
post #27 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Time Served

Blacksnake that would be Denial ............or the Nile for $800

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!

2009 Fusion- Daily
1990 LX- Broken
1996 GT- SOLD
post #28 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:31 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
I think plenty of you have used James as a punching bag for too long now
Have you read the posts he made? I don't know you or him. I can only speak from the posts he made. If he's cool in person, great. Maybe if he acted on the Interweb the way he acts in person all would be cool with everyone.

Hell, I seem to recall him helping me in the garage section a time or two.

Like it or not, the way you behave on boards like this directly reflects on you...in real life to people. Personally try to follow my own rule of acting no different on here then I would in person. ESPECIALLY on a local board. Never know when acting out of character will f' you in the long run.

I can personally account for someone I knew via this board who acted normal...getting a job. Had he acted like an idiot, he never would've been approached about a job.

Take care,

My '03 Sold.
post #29 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSean
Blacksnake that would be Denial ............or the Nile for $800
Aw! New one on me.
post #30 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Ya know Craig, just because I've known Zach doesn't mean I've actually seen him in a while...

James actually saw him on the side of the road broke down, and I didn't know that he had gotten a "new" car...I wasn't even paying attention (I was on the phone)...we turned around and went back to help him. Its only then I realized it was Zach - that being said, its probably a good thing he saw him when he did...

With all that said, a good deed is a good deed, no matter how you look at it...I guess Zach felt like posting something positive for a change, instead of all the bullshit you guys give James on this board...those of you who are friends with James know that this is really how he is...hell, Zach even invited us over for beers afterwards, and we stopped by for a few.

Dig up some more threads on James and the people he has helped in the past Chili...notchnate was one of them - hell, pm him directly if you feel the need - he is one of many (and still a valid user - whiteboy has him confused with Zach - not the same person)

You need to find someone else to vent your rage towards Chili...I think plenty of you have used James as a punching bag for too long now

who gives a fuck? Get over it...

And, for any of you that care, this is exactly how I met James - he came over my house to help me on my racecar, in the middle of the night during a work week with an unresolved issue and got the damn thing fixed...
First of all greenbullitt, get your facts straight. I did not post this to trash James, I was pointing out the problems with the thread poster's story. Get that greenbullitt.

Second of all greenbullitt, I am not venting rage to James, in fact I have only made one or two posts against him and they were in response to bullshit he was posting about me or my wife.

Third of all greenbullitt, if this story is true why did he try to give the perception that he did not know you until he asked if you posted on any boards? For dubious reasons I suppose. Did you not walk up to him, since you claim you had already recognized him, and say "hey man, remember me?".

He posted the story under false pretenses whether or not it did actually happen which makes the whole story suspect.

Another thing greenbullitt, I have no rage, etc. towards James, in fact I have PM'd him asking what his issues with me are, although he has not responded.

Finally greenbullitt, I know that you and / or James have helped plenty of people, and I do think that is great. I just disagree with the posting of a suspect story with obvious ommissions (that he actually knew you all along). I guess he was just hoping to help restore what James has done such a good job of sullying. James can do that himself, he just needs to get on here and act decent like he used too.

90 Bronco

post #31 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 03:56 PM
que?

Quote:
First of all greenbullitt, get your facts straight. I did not post this to trash James, I was pointing out the problems with the thread poster's story. Get that greenbullitt.

Second of all greenbullitt, I am not venting rage to James, in fact I have only made one or two posts against him and they were in response to bullshit he was posting about me or my wife.

Third of all greenbullitt, if this story is true why did he try to give the perception that he did not know you until he asked if you posted on any boards? For dubious reasons I suppose. Did you not walk up to him, since you claim you had already recognized him, and say "hey man, remember me?".

He posted the story under false pretenses whether or not it did actually happen which makes the whole story suspect.

Another thing greenbullitt, I have no rage, etc. towards James, in fact I have PM'd him asking what his issues with me are, although he has not responded.

Finally greenbullitt, I know that you and / or James have helped plenty of people, and I do think that is great. I just disagree with the posting of a suspect story with obvious ommissions (that he actually knew you all along). I guess he was just hoping to help restore what James has done such a good job of sullying. James can do that himself, he just needs to get on here and act decent like he used too.
are you referring to greenbullitt by chance?

post #32 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 04:13 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
are you referring to greenbullitt by chance?

Venting his rage.

My '03 Sold.
post #33 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Isn't this sweet!
post #34 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Musician for the deaf

Quote:
jesus christ.
This is too much fun
post #35 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:

That's right...you spin total fabrications because you are an instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurama
you are lieing if you say you dont have a grudge against james
Its spelled lying Steve, but I think everyone here gets your drift. (thanks)

True story...hell, i'd be mad too if I was the 2005 FFW True street runner up and got my azz handed to me by a 93 Cobra with a 3.08 rear gear (there are witnesses, so no backing out of that truth). And I won't even go any further about his wife having the hots for me (probably the true source of his rage - guess he isn't hittin' it right or something)

**EDIT - almost forgot - someone please be sure to check THIS IP address, seeing as how I can only post from work. That, and I cannot control what others type about me, either right or wrong, true or false - doesn't really matter/bother me anymore anyway (i.e. I don't care) - to those of you who REALLY know me, thank you**

Last edited by Maverick; 07-23-2007 at 08:00 AM.
post #36 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 AM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
No, I know nate, he's only had one screen name.

post #37 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
No you make up stories to try and make you look cool
post #38 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
And I won't even go any further about his wife having the hots for me (probably the true source of his rage - guess he isn't hittin' it right or something)

Yeah, you're one to talk about spinning total fabrications to be an instigator. James, you're a pathetic excuse for a human being.
post #39 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Mike
No you make up stories to try and make you look cool

This is true...

I cannot see why someone would be proud to post a story about a car wreck with his daily and almost beating up the teenager who hit him, a near miss with an O'reilly's store that jumped out in front of him on Matlock , or his almost date with nirvana and immortality after being nearly crushed by his project car because he doesn't know where to properly put a jackstand.
post #40 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Gone but never forgotten

It sucks that James tarnished his otherwise spotless reputation with tomfoolery and childish behavior waaaaaaaay after the red flag was tossed up by many, that it was no longer viewed as fun, silly, funny, acceptable, etc.

It doesn't, however, change the fact that he stopped to help someone in need, whether it be a friend or not, it is a cool thing, and for that I give James kuddos.

everyone is extremely super sensitive to any comments or actions of James', so there is really nothing he can do or say to defend himself or what's being said about him, on any given topic...

chili, I thought that was really cool how (initially) you were trying to find the good in all this and give credit where credit is due, and I see how you could feel 'dooped' after further investigation of the facts at hand... but that's still really cool to try and emphasize the good when it comes up.

I'll get my tree huggin ass back to work now...

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease everyone! Shalom and God Bless!

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #41 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I'll miss you Heather :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease everyone!
chicken sounds good right about now...

post #42 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 AM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglegend_86
chicken sounds good right about now...
yup, fresh from williams with a side of fries and them badass cheap rolls
post #43 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
yup, fresh from williams with a side of fries and them badass cheap rolls
LMMFAO
You said "fresh" and "Williams chicken" in the same sentance
post #44 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
It sucks that James tarnished his otherwise spotless reputation with tomfoolery and childish behavior waaaaaaaay after the red flag was tossed up by many, that it was no longer viewed as fun, silly, funny, acceptable, etc.
I guess I get singled out as the "bad one" no matter what I type/say

Quote:
everyone is extremely super sensitive to any comments or actions of James'
See above

Quote:
I'll get my tree huggin ass back to work now...

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease everyone! Shalom and God Bless!

Thanks Kim - don't stay under the tree too long - you'll end up with sap in your hair...
post #45 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I guess I get singled out as the "bad one" no matter what I type/say
The really sad part is.... that you'll probably never figure out why.

post #46 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead
The really sad part is.... that you'll probably never figure out why.
Wrong sir (I KNOW why - let's just leave it at that)
post #47 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
lol, this place sucks now

so does Maverick actually know 1badgreyfox (or whatever his name is)? or does 1badgreyfox (or whatever) just know greenbullit (or whatever his name is)?
post #48 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
so does Maverick actually know 1badgreyfox (or whatever his name is)? or does 1badgreyfox (or whatever) just know greenbullit (or whatever his name is)?

from what I gather, he knows both of them.. he just posted up as if by some odd chance two guys from a common message board stopped to save the day

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #49 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 PM
lol, this place sucks now

Quote:
from what I gather, he knows both of them.. he just posted up as if by some odd chance two guys from a common message board stopped to save the day

I gathered the same, but I would rather know for a fact
post #50 of 331 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 02:10 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
I gathered the same, but I would rather know for a fact
Fact is so much more entertaining when it's surrounded by opinion and conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement