Originally Posted by slow six
Sad part is that the coil is like $20 at Autozone and it only takes abut 5 minutes to change. I would be mad if I was him
That part is worthless, It WILL either fail or not work right. Take my advice and avoid:
1) Parts store rebuilds (alternators, etc....)
2) Chinese water pumps (Check to see where it is made)
3) Parts store electronics (Wells specifically, Standard and Borg Warner seem to be good)
4) Chinese bearings (Check to see where it is made)
5) Chinese brake parts / rotors (your life may depend on it!)
Lifetime warranties don't mean crap when you have to pay a wrecker to come get your ass every time a part fails!
$200 is not bad to change six spark plugs and diagnose / replace a bad coil. Heck I recently payed $80 just to have my front rotors turned on the GTO.
I question the mirror issue, the technician was under the hood, not in the doors. I bet the issue is coincidence.