Bankston ford - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Bankston ford

I know that I posted a post in the wrong area yesterday just wanted to put a more rational post out here.

Well I made the mistake of takeing my car to bankston ford and delt with this prick hutchins or what ever his name is. I told him I wanted to go to the garage to show them what I came up with. He said “sir, we have $250,00 cars down there and this is just a v6 mustang so I think it will be all right” I wasn’t happy about it but, I let it go and I got screwed when paying for a coil replacement 200 dollars in labor for 2 screws and and 6 plugs to be changed out. I could have made a scene and not payed it because he didn’t explain the charges correctly. So I payed it.

And to top it all off I use my rear view mirrors every night to back up my car and I have to move the mirror to get a good view. Well low and behold my rear views don’t work any more and I have to refix them every morning for regular driving so I know they were working that morning. So something happened from the time I left to the shop that morning and that night to back into my parking space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:02 AM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

I would not have paid them then & made a scence.

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB
I would not have paid them then & made a scence.
x2

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Lifer

Havent had any problems with Hutch myself.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:13 AM
My sh*t don't stink

subscribing with interest...

Wag more, Bark less.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlby123
Havent had any problems with Hutch myself.
your not mexican are you
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

All I can say is that if you dont want to pay a dealer price learn to work on your car or take it to some other place. Also,i have worked w/ Hutch several times,and he has gone out of his way to help me and every other customer I have talked to. Legally they cant let customers at any dealer in the shop due to liabilty,these are working shops not your home garage,they have oil and coolant on the floor,and can be dangerous!! I also havent met a single tech who wants a customer standing over them while they work, they are paid commission,if you take 30 minuts of their time talking they dont get paid for that,its by the job not by the amount of hours they are there.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes.....its a V6.

I have gone to Bankston a shit load. The only person I deal with is Hutch. He does go above and beyond any advisor I have ever seen. And part of the $200 was diag time I am sure, but then again I do not know the "whole" story. He has always taken care of me and people I send him.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

he seemed like a cool guy and i was expecting the "NO" but it doesn't hurt to ask. but what i wasn't expecting the condescending looks and tone of his voice when her replied that i don't even have a precious ford gt to be acting or asking that. but he was real nice when he rung me up to pay for it. tho
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
2-7 and still a fan!

Thumbs down

You took your car to a Ford Delership where they clearly have a sign showing their labor rates, which I'm sure are $80.00 per hour. One hour and some parts and you only payed $200.00 and your bitchin, WTF dude?!?! They also have a sign that sez, 'No customers allowed in the shop' it's there for a reason. I deal with Mike Brooks, they handled my dead battery in my GT, took care of it within 45 min. I just spent a little time walking around looking at new cars and talking to the sexatary and before I knew it my car was ready, no charge it was still under warranty ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I might, im drunk.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberkewl
And to top it all off I use my rear view mirrors every night to back up my car and I have to move the mirror to get a good view. Well low and behold my rear views don’t work any more and I have to refix them every morning for regular driving so I know they were working that morning. So something happened from the time I left to the shop that morning and that night to back into my parking space.
Luck of the draw with this part, I have had it happen to me while working on customers cars
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes.....its a V6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
You took your car to a Ford Delership where they clearly have a sign showing their labor rates, which I'm sure are $80.00 per hour. One hour and some parts and you only payed $200.00 and your bitchin, WTF dude?!?! They also have a sign that sez, 'No customers allowed in the shop' it's there for a reason. I deal with Mike Brooks, they handled my dead battery in my GT, took care of it within 45 min. I just spent a little time walking around looking at new cars and talking to the sexatary and before I knew it my car was ready, no charge it was still under warranty ...
I am pretty sure its just over $90 a hour, but that is pretty close to everyones rates these days. and they can only go by the book, so what ever the books says to charge is what they charge. Last time I was there it was $89 for diag which includes 1-1.5 hours to find the problem.......not just pulling codes. they do have decipher codes and hunt (test a number of other systems to rule out any other possibilties) the issue, then plugs and coil should be around another hour or maybe just over, sounds right to me.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 12:15 PM
My sh*t don't stink

If you didn't understand what needed to be done, why did you OK it?

Wag more, Bark less.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Hood Approved.

If you have complaints then complain to the boss, or wait and see if they send you a survey. I've had shitty service there before, I told them what and why I had a problem, and they either said tough shit or took care of it. I've also had amazing service, where they went above and beyond so you know.

The best wierd service complaint I know of was they used to have this dirty, old, war vet driver. He got fired for hitting on all the ladies he was in charge of driving home. Told some of the best dirty jokes I've ever heard. Good times.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Banned

Sad part is that the coil is like $20 at Autozone and it only takes abut 5 minutes to change. I would be mad if I was him
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2SVTS
they are paid commission,if you take 30 minuts of their time talking they dont get paid for that,its by the job not by the amount of hours they are there.
Labor rate: 80.00 per hour

If customer watches or even helps: 280.00 per hour

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
'H', you missed out on the 'sexatary' that was there when I worked up there. Imagine Lindsay Lohan, pre-crackwhore, and add about 10lbs.

Needless to say that always made my day going to lunch with her and the rest of the nice ladies up there.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow six
Sad part is that the coil is like $20 at Autozone and it only takes abut 5 minutes to change. I would be mad if I was him

$20 for a coil.....rrrrrright,and if u did get one,its a vatozone part...piece of shit thats going to go out in a few months anyway,so u can take it back and get another....and another....and another

previously known as bgnracing...now defunct
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow six
That part is worthless, It WILL either fail or not work right. Take my advice and avoid:

1) Parts store rebuilds (alternators, etc....)
2) Chinese water pumps (Check to see where it is made)
3) Parts store electronics (Wells specifically, Standard and Borg Warner seem to be good)
4) Chinese bearings (Check to see where it is made)
5) Chinese brake parts / rotors (your life may depend on it!)

Lifetime warranties don't mean crap when you have to pay a wrecker to come get your ass every time a part fails!

$200 is not bad to change six spark plugs and diagnose / replace a bad coil. Heck I recently payed $80 just to have my front rotors turned on the GTO.

I question the mirror issue, the technician was under the hood, not in the doors. I bet the issue is coincidence.

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
I told him I wanted to go to the garage to show them what I came up with.
if you knew the problem, why would you pay to have it fixed? sounds uberdumb

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
if you knew the problem, why would you pay to have it fixed? sounds uberdumb
That was the biggest part to swallow. My #3 piston wasn’t firing and I changed the coil and it still was running rough. then I thought to myself “it has to be the wires” even though they looked fine I changed them and low and behold one of the wires were f'in burn all the way through on the number 3 piston at the edge of the plug part. After taking them off to replace them twice I made it worse. So I thought that was the issue then a week later it started to run rough again and I was like . so I broke down and went to the dealership (I was real busy at work and couldn't spend time trouble shooting any more) they said it was the the coil and it was piston #2 .this all came from changing my spark plugs.

About the mirror I would think that its coincidence too but its both mirrors that aren’t working so that leads me to think they may have bumped the fuse box or something like that when they changed out the coil, since its right there. In elbows length of the coil

Last edited by uberkewl; 04-02-2007 at 11:09 AM.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKASS RACING
vatozone part

now thats funnny
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:01 PM
I might, im drunk.......

Quote:
That was the biggest part to swallow. My #3 piston wasn’t firing and I changed the coil and it still was running rough. then I thought to myself “it has to be the wires” even though they looked fine I changed them and low and behold one of the wires were f'in burn all the way through on the number 3 piston at the edge of the plug part. After taking them off to replace them twice I made it worse. So I thought that was the issue then a week later it started to run rough again and I was like . so I broke down and went to the dealership (I was real busy at work and couldn't spend time trouble shooting any more) this all came from changing my spark plugs.

About the mirror I would think that its coincidence too but its both mirrors that aren’t working so that leads me to think they may have bumped the fuse box or something like that when they changed out the coil, since its right there. In elbows length of the coil
So you shotgunned some parts at your can and could not fix it and then took it to the dealer. Is it still running well?

The fuse for the mirrors is under the dash, you can bump the fuse panel under the hood all you want but the fuses wont just pop out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement