034v is a Liar! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
RIP

034v is a Liar!

I want to start off saying that Lance was nothing but a good friend to me when I did buisness with him. We sat around joking while he fixed exhaust leaks on the car and even took me out to lunch after for having to bring it all the way back to addison. But, a while back someone brought it to my attention that the weld on my turbo kit look like they are machine welded. I had a few people look at them and they agree. But I honestly did not want to believe that he was not building his kits like he claimed. But I think now after about a month of looking for proof I have found some cold hard evidence.

My car was built in April of 2006 and here is a picture of the kit that is on my car.

Lance goes under the name 034v on ebay and back in march of 2006 bought this kit from vecco.net Vecco.net Ebay link As you can see this kit is identical to the one on my car. But yet when I called lance to ask him about it he says that its not the kit that is on my car. He claims its a copy of his work but I dont understand why someone would buy a copy of their own kit

Also Auto Power Enterprise is selling a kit on ebay that looks identical to the vecco kit. Auto Power Enterprise Ebay Ad I refuse to believe that 1 or even 2 people are making copies of lances kit and selling them for 389 and 699

Also some of yall remember lance turboing a Acura Rsx here is the link to where he purchased the manifold for that car and I specifically remember him showing it to me while I was at his house and bragging about how good his welds looked. Acura Ebay Link

I also find it funny that lance has this on his web site

Lances jigs were supposidly made from a car with 22k miles but if you look at my car there is a few problems with it.

1. drivers header is clearanced for the sway bar mount
2. cross over had to be lengthened 1 1/2 inches
3a. welds on the lengthened section are noticably hand welded and ground down.
3b. All other welds are perfect with no stop and start points
4. all of the cold side welds are sub par compaired to the ones on the hot side and also have been ground down

Lance I am sorry that it came down to this but when I talked to you on the phone your stories never matched up from 5 minutes to the next. When I called lance I told him I could care less if the kit was from ebay and that I like my car and enjoy it and want nothing more from him than to admit he bought it off of ebay and appologize for lieing and this thread would have never been posted and he was not man enough to appologize so here it is. I know its long but I hope yall enjoy!

Primaries (machine welded)

Cross over pipe (machine welded)

O2 bungs (machine welded)

Cold side welds (Lance welded)

Extended section of the cross over (Lance welded)

1999 Dinan 540I RIP
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 aka Mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Congrats on trapping 10mph more than anyone else with the same parts.

Last edited by 92Notch; 01-08-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Oh lord.

post #3 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM

You better be ready to back this up cause its going to get ugly in a few minutes.

post #4 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcblown4.6
You better be ready to back this up cause its going to get ugly in a few minutes.

It looks like there is some pretty good proof... damn this one will be a record "number of pages" breaker!
post #5 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Lifer

post #6 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Packin' up...

Ut ohhh
post #7 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Something clever

Man I have seen lance build the turbos in his garage, every bit of it. As a matter of fact i have seen how he makes the manifolds for the 5 liters in person. I have known lance for a long time and he does not lie about anything like that!!

post #8 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
It looks like there is some pretty good proof... damn this one will be a record "number of pages" breaker!
I see that now. I am not a 92Notch fan but it looks pretty bad for 034V right now. Damn man, did he tell you it was a Custom kit, how did he word it that it was "his". Just playing devils advocate cause I know its going to come up sooner or later.
post #9 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma67cpe
Man I have seen lance build the turbos in his garage, every bit of it. As a matter of fact i have seen how he makes the manifolds for the 5 liters in person. I have known lance for a long time and he does not lie about anything like that!!
I don't know about "all of the others" but those headers and parts posted above are not made in a garage. Ask me how I know.
post #10 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM
KJ94GT

Wow.
post #11 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't know about "all of the others" but those headers and parts posted above are not made in a garage. Ask me how I know.
how do u know lol
post #12 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Merry HoHo

SO WHAT ARE YOU UPSET ABOUT?

that lance found a way to make a profit, and you have been happy with the work till somebody point out that it looks like a mass produced kit? a business person does not have to revial the way that they do business. as long as he is not stealing shit and reselling it, i do not see a problem.

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
post #13 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Old school 4-eye'd

I always kinda wondered if he was buying b&g headers and passing them off as his own?

post #14 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetdemon70
how do u know lol

I was about to ask that!
post #15 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Merry HoHo

post #16 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark
I was about to ask that!
lol well he told us to ask
post #17 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:53 PM

Why did this get moved to the smack? IF its true and IF 034V misled 92Notch the other members should know and most of sane DFWStangers will stay out of the Smack.
post #18 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

my guess is because 92Notch made the thread
post #19 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Something clever

Quote:
well all I know is the I have seen the jigs that he has to make the anifolds for the 5.0 and I have seen him weld them up

post #20 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Why did this get moved to the smack? IF its true and IF 034V misled 92Notch the other members should know and most of sane DFWStangers will stay out of the Smack.
i know of a couple shops that farm thier work out and pass it on to the customer as thier work. i still do not see the problem, nothing stopped 92notch from researching and buying the same kit off ebay if that is infact what happend.

post #21 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:

Just guessing here, but......

1.) Thread title. That's an invitation to a mudslinging contest.
2.) The person who posted the thread. They probably didn't even open the thread. They just saw the title, saw who posted it, and figured it was another useless thread of dumbassery this fucktard is usually involved in.
post #22 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Lifer

Wow, this one should carry on for a while. I have always had a appreciation for Lance, and to his this gets me to thinking. I want to hear lance's side of the story before making any judgment though

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #23 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Narcissistic fade away

The parts pictured (are they the ones ON 92Notch's car?) are not made in a "garage" because:

The primaries are ALL one piece - In order for them to be one piece they have to be bent on a mandrel bending tubing bender - not something a muffler shop uses and VERY FEW places in Texas do that. The machine is HUGE and VERY EXPENSIVE.

That is the main reason.

The other more obvious reasons are - The kit looks EXACTLY like the Vecco copy of the B&G stuff. I believe it's already cracked. (A known problem from the Ebay copies). The downpipe is missing the bottom connecting flange - just like the ebay links and just like B&G's stuff.

So, in conclusion -

EIther he has a 40,000$ mandrel bending machine sticking out of the roof, front, and back of his garage...
-or-
He's installed a kit he bought from someone else and apparently called his own...
-or-
he makes a damn good convincing copy of a copy of the original.
-or-
92Notch's kit doesn't look anything like what is shown.
post #24 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy
i know of a couple shops that farm thier work out and pass it on to the customer as thier work. i still do not see the problem, nothing stopped 92notch from researching and buying the same kit off ebay if that is infact what happend.
Such as Gearheads tends to use Hellion turbo kits and HPP uses HP Performance turbo kits. They don't fab them, they install them. But they are also honest about the source of their parts, the screen shot that 92Notch showed clearly stated that they build in house. But there is also proof that he bought 5.0 turbo manifolds from ebay. Personally I think he used those manifolds to build his jigs but that in its self is misleading as well since he stated that they built their jigs from a car not from another manifold.
post #25 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
-or-
92Notch's kit doesn't look anything like what is shown.
Good point, post the pics of your kit.
post #26 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
RIP

Quote:
SO WHAT ARE YOU UPSET ABOUT?

that lance found a way to make a profit, and you have been happy with the work till somebody point out that it looks like a mass produced kit? a business person does not have to revial the way that they do business. as long as he is not stealing shit and reselling it, i do not see a problem.
I dont like to be lied to! He still claims he hand welded all of the hot side parts on my car and the RSX and he admitted on the phone that he bought the RSX header after he bragged about how good the welds were when I was at his house!

Why would someone purchase a copy of his own kit for 700 dollars?

1999 Dinan 540I RIP

Quote:
post #27 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
duh...duh....duh

All yap yap until 034V chimes in. I personally don't see a problem with reselling gear and I don't think the original poster does either. The problem is saying it is custom made by 034V when it is just something bought of eBay or whatever.

Really though, it is just nit-picking a little. I could buy the kit all day long and still not actually make it work.

My '03 Sold.
post #28 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Such as Gearheads tends to use Hellion turbo kits and HPP uses HP Performance turbo kits. They don't fab them, they install them. But they are also honest about the source of their parts, the screen shot that 92Notch showed clearly stated that they build in house. But there is also proof that he bought 5.0 turbo manifolds from ebay. Personally I think he used those manifolds to build his jigs but that in its self is misleading as well since he stated that they built their jigs from a car not from another manifold.
HPP uses PTK, just for the record, unless something has changed. but still, if he was happy with the work till now. what did lance do wrong besides find a way to make a profit? unless he was unhappy from the beginning but just not want to admit it, because he may look a fool, but he has not bitch onece about it that i have seen since he has gotten the setup.

post #29 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
RIP

Quote:
Good point, post the pics of your kit.
I will get some pics soon of the two very different styles of welding on my kit and some pics I have taken of the turbo kit that is on my car.

p.s. the picture of my hot side parts that i provided was sent to me by lance himself

1999 Dinan 540I RIP

Quote:
post #30 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
RIP

Quote:
HPP uses PTK, just for the record, unless something has changed. but still, if he was happy with the work till now. what did lance do wrong besides find a way to make a profit? unless he was unhappy from the beginning but just not want to admit it, because he may look a fool, but he has not bitch once about it that i have seen since he has gotten the setup.
I am perfectly happy with the car and the kit, I just wanted people to be aware of him misleading people and hope for an apology for being misled

1999 Dinan 540I RIP

Quote:
post #31 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 PM
parts pusher

thanks billy you beat me to it..we use ptk..thanks...we have installed some hp kits though..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
post #32 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch
I am perfectly happy with the car and the kit, I just wanted people to be aware of him misleading people and hope for an apology for being misled
so if he is buying the setups from ebay, and installing them, and now you are showing everyone that they could do the same thing, you are fucking with his lively hood, and that is wrong. this is going to do nothing but bite you in the ass.

post #33 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
HPP uses PTK, just for the record, unless something has changed. but still, if he was happy with the work till now. what did lance do wrong besides find a way to make a profit? unless he was unhappy from the beginning but just not want to admit it, because he may look a fool, but he has not bitch onece about it that i have seen since he has gotten the setup.
My bad on the kits for HPP didn't mean to mislead, it says clearly on their site that they use PTS though (doesn't matter thats not the point though). And if 034V is holding out his kits to be custom but sourcing the manifolds elsewhere that is deception, that should be what the gripe is about and what I believe it is about. 92Notch never said he wasn't happy just that he didn't like being lied to.
post #34 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
RIP

Quote:
My bad on the kits for HPP didn't mean to mislead, it says clearly on their site that they use PTS though (doesn't matter thats not the point though). And if 034V is holding out his kits to be custom but sourcing the manifolds elsewhere that is deception, that should be what the gripe is about and what I believe it is about. 92Notch never said he wasn't happy just that he didn't like being lied to.
Thank you for understanding where i am coming from. I even told lance that I would have still bought the kit knowing he got the manifolds somewhere else and I did not want anything back from him but an apology for lieing and he could not do it.

1999 Dinan 540I RIP

Quote:
post #35 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Naivete' pwned 92notch!!!
post #36 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
parts pusher

i have known lance for almost 10 yrs now..and he dont bs about his turbo kits..

Looking for a 1986 mustang gt....
1996 Mystic Cobra (Chamillionare) #1224 of 2000

2006 13.50 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Champion
2008 13.00 index Texas Fastest Streetcar Shootout Runner-up
2008 Champion "Grocery Getter" class at the DFWstangs Summer Cruise

214-881-4030 Car-less Chris Hotline
post #37 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:

This is going to turn ugly...either 034V is going to fess up and kick 92notch's ass, or 92notch is a dumbass and is going to get his ass kicked for labellling Lance a liar...

Either way, 92notch gets his ass kicked...greatness
post #38 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Merry HoHo

personally, i still do not see the problem. if it is true, and lance came clean about it to 92notch, you know he would start telling people. i still would not blame him for finding a way to make money, and still making his customers happy.

post #39 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
World Record Holder!

Well, That Sucks.

Man, that's fucked up. There a liars every where but to call someone else's work your own just isn't right. Someone needs to bring the Vecco people up to speed on this.
post #40 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Notch
Thank you for understanding where i am coming from. I even told lance that I would have still bought the kit knowing he got the manifolds somewhere else and I did not want anything back from him but an apology for lieing and he could not do it.
I don't believe 100% that that is what happened and Lance (034V) deserves a chance to speak on his own behalf. But I understand the gripe just not going to make decision if it has merit until he speaks and see pics of the hot side piping on your car.
post #41 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
World Record Holder!

Quote:
I don't believe 100% that that is what happened and Lance (034V) deserves a chance to speak on his own behalf. But I understand the gripe just not going to make decision if it has merit until he speaks and see pics of the hot side piping on your car.
I'd also like to see a pic of Lance's JIG with a copy of this message taped to it.
post #42 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Merry HoHo

i am going to work, i will be back around page 20 or so.

post #43 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #44 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #45 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #46 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #47 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #48 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

X2
post #49 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Merry HoHo

only hit reply once james.

post #50 of 953 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal93Cobra

X2

I think we got it the first 6 times.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement