For all you Fbod owners," rwhp and mph doesn't mean sh**" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
If the shoe fits......

For all you Fbod owners," rwhp and mph doesn't mean sh**"

Why in the hell do you find such personal achievement in you dyno numbers and your mph in the quarter. Niether of them matter a hill of beans when it comes to who gets there first. ET is everything, so get over yourselves.

LS1 owners excuses as to why they're cars are better.
1. If I could sixty foot like you I would kick your ass in the eigth.
2. Ha, you only run 121mph in the quarter I run 125mph."but at a slower et"
3. I have 370rwhp for only $1600 NA. NA is all that matters, because when you allow Power Adders, (which is cheating) I can't hang.
4. I'm faster on street tires from a 30 punch. Because I can't use slicks without grenading my rear end.

I'm sure there is more. But I'm tired of typing.

Last edited by NDSP; 12-29-2001 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:22 PM
fukinboomin

post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:23 PM
Iamwaxman!

Re: For all you Fbod owners," rwhp and mph doesn't mean sh**"

Quote:
Originally posted by NDSP

4. I'm faster on street tires from a 30 punch.

But, isn't drag racing from a dead stop?

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
If the shoe fits......

Re: Re: For all you Fbod owners," rwhp and mph doesn't mean sh**"

Quote:
Originally posted by n737nc

But, isn't drag racing from a dead stop?
Exactly my point. That is why it is a lame excuse as too why LS1's are better.
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:32 PM
Iamwaxman!

I can see it now, at Ennis:

Here they come under the bridge at there 30 mph roll, then they get to the tree and punch it.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:33 PM
fukinboomin

LOL!
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:41 PM

ok..i didn't read the post...but not all f-body owners are LS1 owners....
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:55 PM
Public Enemy

Thumbs down

post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 03:38 PM
World Record Holder!

Re: For all you Fbod owners," rwhp and mph doesn't mean sh**"

Quote:
Originally posted by NDSP
Why in the hell do you find such personal achievement in you dyno numbers and your mph in the quarter. Niether of them matter a hill of beans when it comes to who gets there first. ET is everything, so get over yourselves.

LS1 owners excuses as to why they're cars are better.
1. If I could sixty foot like you I would kick your ass in the eigth.
2. Ha, you only run 121mph in the quarter I run 125mph."but at a slower et"
3. I have 370rwhp for only $1600 NA. NA is all that matters, because when you allow Power Adders, (which is cheating) I can't hang.
4. I'm faster on street tires from a 30 punch. Because I can't use slicks without grenading my rear end.

I'm sure there is more. But I'm tired of typing.
Yea!! What he said!!! Sig check.....
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:07 PM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally posted by quickls1chick
WOW! You really made a strong point
post #11 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:13 PM
Turbobrooks

Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
I agree 100%.

Allen Werl Performance Racecraft Motorsports Inc.

Made possible by:
http://www.jamesbschassisservices.com
http://www.brooksracecraft.com
post #12 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:17 PM
Bop Double E Rop

So true!!!

Robbie

GWB-'83-'09
post #13 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:20 PM
Yes I'm...

Everybody highlights their strength. You are stressing how important ET is...just so happens that that's where the mustang is stronger. LS1s get better MPH often, so yeah you'll hear them bragging about it, just like you hear mustangers bragging about their ETs at crappy trap speeds. Running from a roll is the same thing...mustangs are much stronger right off the line than they are up top, and LS1s are the other way around. Of course each is going to brag about the one they're good at and try to race to their own strength.

To me it sounds like you just got tired of being drug on the freeway by LS1s, so you're here to belittle the importance of that. Which car is faster, the one that gets to the traps soonest, or the one that's pulling like a freight train coming up from behind?

Just depends on who you ask.

'98 Camaro SS: Incon twin turbo. Sold
'99 Camaro SS: Heads/cam/bolt-ons. Sold.
'91 Camaro RS: Stock.

2010 Camaro SS: Hell yes.
post #14 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:32 PM
Public Enemy

Quote:
Originally posted by O2BQIK
Everybody highlights their strength. You are stressing how important ET is...just so happens that that's where the mustang is stronger. LS1s get better MPH often, so yeah you'll hear them bragging about it, just like you hear mustangers bragging about their ETs at crappy trap speeds. Running from a roll is the same thing...mustangs are much stronger right off the line than they are up top, and LS1s are the other way around. Of course each is going to brag about the one they're good at and try to race to their own strength.

To me it sounds like you just got tired of being drug on the freeway by LS1s, so you're here to belittle the importance of that. Which car is faster, the one that gets to the traps soonest, or the one that's pulling like a freight train coming up from behind?

Just depends on who you ask.
Yea, exactly what he said!
post #15 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:32 PM
The Janitor

ty, a drag race isnt "who can get to the highest speed at the end of 1320 feet" its who can get to the end 1st. You can pout about coming up from behind , but that just means you left the line in last, at the 1/8 mile mark are in last, and finish in last. Nuff said.
post #16 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 04:37 PM
iHustle

What if you have an LS1 that MPH's good, Et's good, and is still naturally aspirated. I am making no excuses...my LS1 went a 10.9 @ 123.50 mph, from a dead stop...at ennis. It went a 6.9 in the 1/8, @ ~98mph.....still, on motor. There are gonna be faster cars, there are gonna be slower cars....big f-ing deal

BTW, NDSP...what did you car run at the track...the bigblock?

Chris
post #17 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 05:32 PM
Christian Woman

Thumbs up

I agree...100%....when talking about drag racing...but that's not the only kind of racing there is...

J.
Shut that [email protected]'s mouth or I'll come over there and f&ck-start her head.
post #18 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 07:05 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by quickls1chick

Yea, exactly what he said!
post #19 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 07:20 PM
Yes I'm...

Quote:
Originally posted by 32VfromHell
ty, a drag race isnt "who can get to the highest speed at the end of 1320 feet" its who can get to the end 1st. You can pout about coming up from behind , but that just means you left the line in last, at the 1/8 mile mark are in last, and finish in last. Nuff said.
You talk so much smack for someone with a stock frickin' car. Believe me, I will get to the traps LONG before you! It's the other people here with MODS that I'd be playing catch-up to. I seem to recall that every time I've raced YOU, I left the line ahead and you were never catching up. Talk smack to someone you have a chance of beating.
post #20 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 07:32 PM
[x] original checkboxer

Quote:
What if you have an LS1 that MPH's good, Et's good, and is still naturally aspirated. I am making no excuses...my LS1 went a 10.9 @ 123.50 mph, from a dead stop...at ennis. It went a 6.9 in the 1/8, @ ~98mph.....still, on motor. There are gonna be faster cars, there are gonna be slower cars....big f-ing deal
I thought that was your Mom's car? Aren't most of the LS1's around LS1.com Mommy-bought anyway? That's the crap I can't stand, bragging about a car that your Mom makes the payments on, pays the insurance on, buys the gas for, etc. If my Mom bought me a LS1 f-body I'd have a fast car too! But instead I drive a banged-up non-running 5.0 that I scrape-up used parts for whenever I can. I also work full-time and go to school full-time, so that leaves money & time for mods/repairs to a minimum.

hey ladies!

MattB - 12
bazuko - 3
post #21 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 07:34 PM
Crash Test Dummy

James' anger stems from his deep resentment at himself. This is a classic case of one who longs to be a Fbod owner yet, is too embarassed to come out of the closet. He is Fbodophobic
Could it be that he is sick of being every LS1 owner's plaything whilst driving about in his 00GT? Could it be that fact that his superbly 60'ing, yet poorly performing, flame throwing big block is back on the jackstands? After months of knuckle busting work no less.

Enough of the joking.

Consider the car is a daily driver. Would you want a car that 60' good and ET's well, or would you want one that is a few 1/10s behind but the MPH is hollering? I had a car that 60' and ETed well. So what if I was beating LS1s in my GT? On the way home they slapped me around like a kite in a strong breeze! [email protected] bah. I like [email protected]! Since most of the times I run into cars on the street, I would like MPH. I'm not scared of most Mustangs with power adders, in fact I beaten a few and I've gotten beaten by a few. Do you see me going crazy and posting borderline psychopathic posts about Mustangs?
post #22 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 09:12 PM
Christian Woman

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by redmonsoon
Consider the car is a daily driver. Would you want a car that 60' good and ET's well, or would you want one that is a few 1/10s behind but the MPH is hollering? I had a car that 60' and ETed well. So what if I was beating LS1s in my GT? On the way home they slapped me around like a kite in a strong breeze! [email protected] bah. I like [email protected]! Since most of the times I run into cars on the street, I would like MPH. I'm not scared of most Mustangs with power adders, in fact I beaten a few and I've gotten beaten by a few. Do you see me going crazy and posting borderline psychopathic posts about Mustangs?
You tha man!!!

J.
Shut that [email protected]'s mouth or I'll come over there and f&ck-start her head.
post #23 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 09:49 PM

Wow there have been some really smart statements made on this thread

Ok I have had a 5.0 and a DOHC 4.6 and both of them had strong points. I have an LS1 now and in case anyone is wondering I bought it and make the payments on it and yes it is in my name. Every car has its strong points. I think mustangs get out of the hole a hell of alot better then LS1s do. (I would say F-bodies but this is they only f-body I have ever owned so I don't know)
I agree that a lot of kids w/LS1s own Mommy bought cars and have very little mods... However I would tend to think that the reason someone would be so bitter about that is because that person has been beaten by those same kids. I also agree that anyone who gets beat in a drag race be it from a start or on the highway or from a 20 punch whatever, is going to make excuses. Guess what! That is part of street racing or hell just racing period! I think that it is a lot easier to get an LS1 daily driver into the low 13s or 12s then it is a mustang. That just makes LS1s stronger stock, but since none of us leave our cars stock for very long that should not matter
post #24 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 09:57 PM
Yes I'm...

Who cares who finances it? Yes, it makes it easier, but how whiney is that..."yeah he beat me but he didn't pay for his car himself..." lol. Think about it anyway...some people have a wife or significant other that makes most of the money...some are involved in less-than-legal activities to finance their racing. I'd rather be Chris or Brad and say that my mom paid for my car than some of the other people around here.........

That said, I own my '91 outright, and have a note on the '99. I charged my mods, cause I didn't have enough $$ otherwise. I guess I am inferior, even though i'm "fast".
post #25 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 10:02 PM
I am back

A fast car is a fast car no matter who makes it or how it gets there. Other then that the rest is bull shit. Ty has a kick ass car that I want to run against. Not because it's a LS1 but because it's a badass car. If you get beat does it matter what beat you or why you lose? I like to run LS1's and LT1's more then other cars just because most of them are ez kills because they do not have mods. They can be made to go just as fast as any other car.
post #26 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 10:07 PM
I am back

Quote:
Who cares who finances it?

That is what I am saying. What matters to me at least is do you know what the fuck you have in your car. That way when I pull up on a race I have an idea of what I am up against.
post #27 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 10:26 PM
Worship me

Just build your car to click off a nice ET and a nice mph and don't worry about it. I don't see many Ls1s in the tens around here so who cares.

James we all know your car is going to go 10s on motor, its just matter if time with 460 cubes...these Ls1 tools are just fooling themselves by thinking they have a chance....
post #28 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 10:38 PM
Yes I'm...

Quote:
Originally posted by supercharged2k
Ty has a kick ass car that I want to run against. Not because it's a LS1 but because it's a badass car.
Thanks for the compliment Jay. We can definitely run sometime, but as much as I hate to say it, if I'm going to race a car with as much power as yours, I need to get a clutch first. It is slipping hardcore now if i romp on it in first

'98 Camaro SS: Incon twin turbo. Sold
'99 Camaro SS: Heads/cam/bolt-ons. Sold.
'91 Camaro RS: Stock.

2010 Camaro SS: Hell yes.
post #29 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 11:47 PM
[x] original checkboxer

Not tryin' to rag on y'all that have cars paid for by your parents, I sure as hell wouldn't turn down a free car! But damn, I've got tons of knowledge, just no time/money to build a fast car, and that's what frustrates me! One of these days I'll have somethin', but until then, I'll keep learning & working on friend's cars until I've got my own. It's all good, I don't hate any of y'all for being in a better position than me, it just makes me work harder! See y'all at the track!

hey ladies!

MattB - 12
bazuko - 3
post #30 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MattB
It's all good, I don't hate any of y'all for being in a better position than me, it just makes me work harder! See y'all at the track!
As bitter as your first post on this thread was, I fully understand where you're coming from.

There's a guy I'm fairly envious of here in Dallas who is rolling around in a nice Viper. I don't think I'll ever own a car that costs over $40k (not including mods). But there he is, shuffling around the streets in a bad ass ride.

Yeh yeh... everyone running 11's can say they would put the smack down, but you know what? You're still not behind the wheel of that "slow ass" Viper. If he's single, he'll do the smart thing and stay that way.
post #31 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 12:24 AM
iHustle

Quote:
I thought that was your Mom's car?

What does it matter with the question at hand. First we are talking Ls1 theory, then financeing? WTF??? MattB...since you are so fucking up-todate on my family affairs, Im sure you remember me paying off my 93 Camaro AND my MOMS 93 Cobra from money I EARNED MYSELF working on Lt1's when I had a side job doing that. Hmmmmm, and I am sure you know that EVERY PART of ANY car has been paid for by me, as well as my truck payment for my brand new GMC. And as fucking insightful as you are, im sure you know that I have paid for every car I have owned since the 93 Camaro....right? And that I took over payments on the SS once I started modding it????? Come on Matt........tell us the truth, you knew this all along. You where just joshing...huhuh. Or is this an insight into the green monster we like to call jealousy Who knows man.......but don't hate.......its prob your own fault you are in the situation you are

Chris
post #32 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 12:40 AM

seems to me this is about cryin and bitchin...............my 91 lx with a mild and a 125 shota gas 306 went [email protected] on a 1.556 60' with an 1/8 or [email protected] @ 5700 feet...BFD pertty much the same as that guy in his fbod so who cares ?
post #33 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 12:56 AM
[x] original checkboxer

To best answer your post, Chris, I went ahead and broke it into a few parts.
Quote:
What does it matter with the question at hand
I already forgot the question.
Quote:
First we are talking Ls1 theory, then financeing? WTF???
The next subject is spelling, care to join?
Quote:
MattB...since you are so fucking up-todate on my family affairs, Im sure you remember me paying off my 93 Camaro AND my MOMS 93 Cobra from money I EARNED MYSELF working on Lt1's when I had a side job doing that
People pay you to work on their cars?!
Quote:
Hmmmmm, and I am sure you know that EVERY PART of ANY car has been paid for by me, as well as my truck payment for my brand new GMC.
Hmmmmm is right!
Quote:
And as fucking insightful as you are, im sure you know that I have paid for every car I have owned since the 93 Camaro....right?
Easy on the f-bombs!
Quote:
Come on Matt........tell us the truth, you knew this all along.
You got me figured out, Sherlock.
Quote:
You where just joshing...huhuh. Or is this an insight into the green monster we like to call jealousy Who knows man.......but don't hate.......its prob your own fault you are in the situation you are
You are right again! Scoobie Doo and the Mystery Machine should be pulling-up to your house any minute!
post #34 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 02:16 AM
The Janitor

Quote:

You talk so much smack for someone with a stock frickin' car. Believe me, I will get to the traps LONG before you! It's the other people here with MODS that I'd be playing catch-up to. I seem to recall that every time I've raced YOU, I left the line ahead and you were never catching up. Talk smack to someone you have a chance of beating.
what i find funny is how you call my car a stock friggin car, yet when you were a few solid mods above mine, you were only a tenth or two behind my time, and thats with you on Drag Radials and me on 18inch street tires. I could whip out the plastic too and charge up a bill, but i have many good reasons against using credit cards. Your time will come soon ty.
post #35 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 02:53 AM
Lifer

Yeah, people pay Chris to work on their cars. Then when he fucks it up, he doesn't claim responsiblility and has his mom fight his battles for him.

He's a real "stand up guy."
post #36 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 06:59 AM

blah blah blah blah blah

I donno about some of you by reading some of the posts on here.
but it seems to me that i'd rather work an 90 work week to pay for my shit then to say my mumma and dadda payed for it. but hey what do i know im just an asshole with a fast car. but when its time to get down and get mean and BRING IT! im the first one in line to race! i race i race to WIN iffin i have a better ET or MPH so be it. I been racing for 14 years i started in go carts and 1/4 midgets even have raced in the World of Outlaws a few times. and thee 1st thing i learnd was racing is about 3 things winning, money and more money. you play you play to win if not then stay the hell home if you cant afford to be racing a 11-10 second mustang/fbod/whatever then dont race! i've heard every bullshit line you can think of from im scared my shit will break to lets race again i missed 3rd gear you lose you lose BOTTOM LINE, my cars on the trailer, i dont race unless its for money. shit i've seen people get shot, their cars shot to shit, for WHAT ? cuz they didnt pay ? WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS ? you beat em right ? aint that good for you or do you have to be a dumbass and pull a gun FUCK THAT! if it means that much to you kick their ass........so i guess what im trying to say is FIND something better to cry and bitch about then someone have a better MPH or ET then you! Do what you have to do to beat that aint that what racing is about ? being the fastest that you can be ?

and PS Time Slip says it ALL!

Last edited by MEAN STREET 5.0; 12-30-2001 at 07:03 AM.
post #37 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 07:51 AM
M0DERAT0R

Why the sudden hostility, NDSP?

The reason why MPH is more important than ET to LS1 owners is because most LS1 cars aren't trailer queens that only race at the track. Most of my racing is on the street. And most of my racing is from a roll. I don't plan it that way. Personally, I like racing from a stop. But, the fact of the matter is that it's hard to get lined up next to a car at a red light on a city street with no traffic around. Especially, when alot of the cars I run into refuse to line up with me fairly. So since I do most of my racing on the street, mph is more important than ET. I'd rather race a car that has a timeslip of high 11s at 110mph that cut a 1.5 60ft on ET Streets than a car that ran low 12s at 120mph that cut a 2.0 on street tires. Why? Because it would be a unlikely probability that that high 11 car is wearing his ET Streets on the street. And that 1.5 60ft. is going to turn into a 1.8 even if he is wearing drag radials.

Different strokes for different folks. If I only drove my car from the garage to the trailer to the track back to the the trailer back into the garage to be put back on jackstands, I would probably only care about ET too.

MattB, even I have teased the Plano crew for letting thier parents pay for thier car. But this is a thread about racing. It has absolutely nothing to do about ownership. If you get beat by a mommy bought LS1, do you pull out your title and say, "You may have beaten me, but I own this car?" There are probably just as many mommy bought F-bods as mommy bought Mustangs in this metroplex. Do you really think all the 16 year old girls in new V6 Mustangs pay for their cars?

Last edited by David Z28; 12-30-2001 at 07:57 AM.
post #38 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 08:44 AM
Lifer

It's all about what you want. If you want a cheap car that isn't very fast stock but has cheap mods and they are readily available, go with the stang.

If you want a little more expensive car that is pretty damn quick stock, go with the T/A or the Z. They are a little more expensive to mod and have a build quality inferior to that of mustangs, but they are damn good looking and very quick cars. If I could afford to pay for the F-Bod, I'd have one.

To each his own...period.

Shawn
post #39 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 09:03 AM

Trailer Queen or not I seem to remember quite a lot of comments made to me race what you bring. Drag race is get to the 1/4 mile marker first not with the most mile per hour. Trailer Queens aren't my thing either but you know what? Like all of you have argued with me about race what you bring and don't complain about it. As AL P said build something that will make good ET's and MPH both. Thats where its at.

This is not saying anyone's car is slow and somebody else's is faster just that the name of the game.

James when you get that beast working perfect it's gonna be a hell of a ride.
post #40 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 09:41 AM
My Boy!

Look at it like this...

F-Bodies are quicker/faster stock than Mustangs are stock. On average the F-Body is more expensive stock than the mustang is stock. You can either buy into more initial performance with a higher price tag or you can have a slower ride up front for less cash. I've done it both ways myself.

Once you add a bolt-on yourself it no longer matters if it is a Chevy , Ford, F-body, Mustang , corvette, Cobra, whatever. It is now different and custom by the owner. Now you have to look at what kind of money you have for mods to go faster and what your goals are with the project.

But from my personal experience the Mustang is faster than the F-body

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 09:52 AM
Time Served

Quote:
To best answer your post, Chris, I went ahead and broke it into a few parts. I already forgot the question. The next subject is spelling, care to join? People pay you to work on their cars?! Hmmmmm is right! Easy on the f-bombs! You got me figured out, Sherlock. You are right again! Scoobie Doo and the Mystery Machine should be pulling-up to your house any minute!

HAHAHAHAHA, that is too funny

But anyways like it has been said already, and especially during the winter where is most of your racing done?... The street. Even during the racing season I get in more races on the street then I do going to the track once a week. Anyway on the street a car that runs 12.0 at 120 is going to kill a car that runs 11.5 at 110, no two ways about it, MPH is a direct correlation to power, and the car making the most power on the street is going to win...Period. i could run a 13.0 at 125MPH and kill your car that might run 11.7 at 115.

P
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 09:54 AM
World Record Holder!

Quote:
Originally posted by David Z28
If you get beat by a mommy bought LS1, do you pull out your title and say, "You may have beaten me, but I own this car?" :rolleyes
That brings up a good point. What LS1 owners here actually have the blue title to their car? Probably most (if not all) of you don't so you wouldn't be able to wave the title in the first place.

Before we get on this "It's not about money kick", read the Wall Street Journal sometime and with today's economy, it's definately about money.
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 09:57 AM
I am back

BTW any one here run the 1320 on a stock car??? That is what I am staying. NO ONE IS RUNNING A STOCK CAR. I bet even GE has some kind of mod done to his ride.

It does not matter what you start with it. It's what you have when your done.
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 10:12 AM

"NA is all that matters, because when you allow Power Adders, (which is cheating) I can't hang."

LMMFAO!! I don't have a problem hanging with the majority of the cars with power adders at the track.

For those that I do.... My bottle is just an arm's reach away.
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 10:13 AM
iHustle

Quote:
Originally posted by PatrickCarter

HAHAHAHAHA, that is too funny

P
Yeah, it was real funny when I laid it out for him and all he came back with was some lame BS. Too many people on this board THINK they know whats going on...too bad they are talking out their ass.

Besides MattB's moment of stupidity...the question here is Mustang vs Ls1, like every other thread that pops up on this subject. As much as everyone argues, does either side really think that you are gonna convince the other you are right? Hell no! Each car/motor has its up and down sides. I like fast cars, not specific motors. If you happen to have a stang...awesome....a Ls1 based car...more power too ya. Point is, you need to have fun with what you have. Why do people want to spend so much time on here trying to argue this.....its not like you are gonna come to an agreement

When I had the SS running, I would have run anyone from a stop. On the street, with slicks, I could pull the front tire about 2-3 inchs and hook like no other on good concrete It would 60' on the street almost like it did on the track. How many car do you know that will pull a low 1.5 on the street? Now take Chad Claunders car....any LS1's around here wanna run him on the highway?? I didn't think so Now we have the same argument, yet we have only turned the brand names around. I just don't see why this crap always comes up...its not like we haven't talked about it 1000X before.

Chris
post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 10:43 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally posted by 302_plus_a_few

That brings up a good point. What LS1 owners here actually have the blue title to their car? Probably most (if not all) of you don't so you wouldn't be able to wave the title in the first place.

Before we get on this "It's not about money kick", read the Wall Street Journal sometime and with today's economy, it's definately about money.
You are a complete moron. Who gives a shit if you have a clear title? I currently owe 5 grand on my car. If I cashed in 8% bonds to pay off my 4.9% interest GMAC loan, would it matter? What if I got a cash advance on a credit card and paid off the loan. Would I be any richer? Would it make my car faster? Would it be relevant on which car was better? The answer to all of these questions is "no".

No wonder you barely passed an accounting course. Only a financial jackass would pay $500 for a Borla exhaust and than trump it by buying an $800 Corsa exhaust. LOL

Chris Marsh hit the nail on the head. Who gives a shit which car is better/faster. Just pull them up to the line and race. Sig check.
post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 11:19 AM
Yes I'm...

Quote:
Originally posted by 32VfromHell

what i find funny is how you call my car a stock friggin car, yet when you were a few solid mods above mine, you were only a tenth or two behind my time, and thats with you on Drag Radials and me on 18inch street tires. I could whip out the plastic too and charge up a bill, but i have many good reasons against using credit cards. Your time will come soon ty.
Your car IS a stock friggin' car. You've got a few boltons. It's going to take a lot more than that. Once you get your fabled blower (wasn't that going on this past July?) then you'll get a little more credit. In the meantime, saying that you'll be fast later and arguing what you'll run in the 1/4 but never actually doing it will get you some funny looks.

BTW, I was NEVER "behind your time". I've been ahead of you since day one. My 8.7 was on my original H-rated piece of shit tires, and your 8.8 was on your original 17 inch rims (same size as mine), not your new 18's. Quit changing the facts to your favor. If you ever had the balls to run 1/4 mile, it would have been quite a bit bigger difference, and you know it. And lastly, if you have a charge card with a high enough limit to make that car fast at age 18, then I'm Gomer Pyle.
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 11:28 AM
I am back

LOL,

Ty says: I'm faster
Ryan says: No I am

They stick their nose up at each other and walk away.

Both thinking in the back of their head I will show him someday.

They get in the cars and slowly drive away.
post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 11:49 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected] Pyle hahahahah good one and good point BTW
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 12-30-2001, 11:51 AM
lol, this place sucks now

anyone know what NDSP's car runs?

DFW Mustangs dot net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement