Members Resources - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Im somebody's daddy!

Post Members Resources

This list was started a few months ago...just thought Id bring it up to the top. Its good to know whos got what and who can help a member out! Post up your resources...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BYBOTIE - unlimited supply of free nuts,bolts,bearings,metal,etc.

P.O.S.90-5.0 - I got a big ol trailor. So if you need to move your car let me know.

Five Point Slow - Well, im going back to the crappy Jiffy Lube for a little bit...Im A State Inspector.

MidnightRunner- I got a buddy who works for a paint supplier, I can get just about any paint related stuff

Lane- tires, custom wheels, etc., MAC products, Lane also does chroming of wheels and plastic trim! Can also do gold for you playas...

bsharer - Ive got an engine hoist, lift, and basic hand tools

BlownnStroked - pretty damn good at body work and paint, I also have air tools, compressor, HVLP (paint gun), D/A (Dual Action sander), Cam bearing tool, pullers, hand tools, jack stands, stock motor parts, access to engine stand, and probably a hoist. I am willing to help anybody out to the best of my ability. I can weld (no welder though), and build or upgrade T-5's

chris - Any and all hand tools, Air tools, MIG welder, Engine Stand, Engine hoist (can't be moved), multiple sets of jack stands and jacks, drill press, cutoff saw, several grinders, Computer scanner for any car, 18'x8' trailer, I do any sort of computer work also. Websites, networks, hardware, etc.

Juiced89lx - is in paint and body... I'm sure he knows a few people that can hook you up

EW - I sell and install car audio, radar detectors, alarms, video, navigation, tint, etc.

Andrew - Got a compressor and useless CH impact wrench, along with air ratchet, die grinder and a couple other air tools. A few other automotive tools... stethescope, compression tester, vacuum tester, timing light, jackstands, floor jack, etc. I also know a little bit about electronics.

AL P - I have a porridge gun that never runs dry!

93LXHORSE - I got a tax ID number that lets me buy stereo stuff wholesale from this Indian dude on Hary Hines. ...plus I got this 3.5 ton jack and two jackstands, and after this weekend I will have done springs/shocks/struts on a Fox and new style chassis.

Rock - I've got a gas powered TWO man auger for drilling fence post holes. I used it to put up fence posts, Carpentry power tools, Pneumatic tools, MIG welder, Somepainting equiptment, Hookup at a Nissan parts department, Hook up at a Mercedes parts department, Hook up on Import Parts (mostly Rice crap), I can get some Ford parts at a discount

NDSP - Air Compressor and most all of the associated tools, Mig Welder, Arc Welder, Chop Saw, Drill Press, Engine Hoist, Engine Stand(2), grinder ( bench and hand held), Built several engines, Painted afew cars, welding ( getting allot better with the mig)

GE - I'm full of useless info regarding insurance and police procedures. hahaha!!!

bobs94formula- I have air tools, engine stand, engine hoist, and plenty of room to work on stuff. Plenty of room to test it out in the pasture, but I live so far out it sucks! I also have a couple sets of jackstands and a couple of trailors...I also have a cutting torch, arc welder, and access to a wire feed welder

stung - works at an auto parts store and can get the hook-up on vanilla air fresheners, At my auto supply we also turn rotors, drums and flywheels. We also sell 114 octane race gas(true leaded fuel).

Hit Man X - A bud of mine works at a machine shop in Arlington. I think I still know a few peeps who are employed by GP Ford. I know a few people who work at Discount Tire in Arlington, I have basic tools nothing fancy like air powered stuff I have all sorts of Metric crap though...

89LX5.0 - works up at Mobile Electonics in Arlington (stereo, tv, nav, etc.)

302_plus_a_few - Don't have much to offer but my hobbie passion is electronics. I love maiking car related gadgets.

99_lightning - I work for RadioShack Corp. I can get deals on Sprint phones, DVD players, Compaq Computers, Sony home audio and video...and a lot of other stuff. Be glad to help anybody out.

STANGGT40 - i work for an electrical contractor, so if you need some electrical supplies pretty cheap, i can hook you up, ie: panels, breakers, disconnects, etc. also, the owner of the company i work for also owns an hvac company, so i can get a/c systems pretty cheap.

Wild Stallion - I have access to a welding shop,Mill,Lathe, and assorted machining equipment. I have done alot of work on dirt track cars, bent new chassis parts, and welded up cages and supports. Build motors and do minor port work on heads. Have a friend who owns a performance machine shop, good deals on head work and anything except crank grinding. Am a fairly competent welder and machinst, industrial maintenance mechanic, and Electrician by trade. I also have a hook up on Metal building stuff and installations if anyone needs one,or any wiring/plumbing in an excisting one let me know.

Kenny_Stang - I work in the computer field. Third Level computer technician, if anyone needs help with a computer, needs help setting up systems, needs the hookup on cheap parts, or is interested in Dell products ( I can get Dell computers, laptops, servers for 5 - 10% off consumer price ) let me know.

leda - don't have much to offer, except my help when something needs done. Although I'm not that experienced, I pick up things quickly and am willing to learn.

96MYSTIC - I work in the computer field. Third Level computer technician, if anyone needs help with a computer, needs help setting up systems, needs the hookup on cheap parts, or is interested in Dell products ( I can get Dell computers, laptops, servers for 5 - 10% off consumer price ) let me know. Anything CompUSA has, as well as commercial products.

Dolomite - I can also do absolutely anything when it comes to computers, software, and networking. Anything from building a machine, to repair, to installing and configuring just about any OS, to networking them all together. This includes non-PC OSes, such as Macintosh, Amiga, and the non-Windows stuff, such as Debian, Slackware, Solaris, etc. I am also a major photography hound. Digital or conventional film, whatever you want. I've never done it professionally, that is a good way to kill a hobby, but I have won awards, and gotten published.

SNEAKY - IF YOU NEED A FACTORY FORD PN# AND YOUR LOCAL FORD IDIOT CAN NOT FIND IT LET ME KNOW. I ALSO HAVE FRIENDS AT LOCAL PART STORE.I HAVE A WELDER,COMPRESSOR ,VARIOUS AIR TOOLS,AND CAN COOK A MEAN STEAK.

HobieF3 - I do have a couple nice helmets and I live right off 67 in Cedar Hill which is on the way to the track for a few of you. I will be going to the track this Friday. You faster guys hit me up if you need a helmet.

Way Cool Jr - If you need hookup on cosmetics, I can get them dirt cheap. I work for a cosmetics company.

Monroe - I do awards of all types. Mostly corporate stuff. Crystal, acrylic, walnut. Laser cut, abraided or mechanical engraving.
972-231-2144 awardguy.com (note the site is up but not complete)

Last edited by KJ94GT; 11-21-2002 at 12:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Im somebody's daddy!

Nobody has anything to offer?
post #3 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:34 AM
The Big Matt

I know hookers and strippers....

post #4 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:34 AM
I am a Motherfucker

FunFordCobra- Electronics expert.

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 09-24-2010 at 10:07 PM.
post #5 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:37 AM
Texas Rangers #1

I work in the computer field. Third Level computer technician, if anyone needs help with a computer, needs help setting up systems, needs the hookup on cheap parts, or is interested in Dell products ( I can get Dell computers, laptops, servers for 5 - 10% off consumer price ) let me know.

post #6 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 10:52 AM
Lifer

Thanx for the info Bryan. Unfortunately I don't have much to offer, except my help when something needs done. Although I'm not that experienced, I pick up things quickly and am willing to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz
you've gotta blow....THEN suck it down
post #7 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 11:04 AM
Television taste funny

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny_Stang
I work in the computer field. Third Level computer technician, if anyone needs help with a computer, needs help setting up systems, needs the hookup on cheap parts, or is interested in Dell products ( I can get Dell computers, laptops, servers for 5 - 10% off consumer price ) let me know.
ditto

Anything CompUSA has, as well as commercial products.
post #8 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 12:30 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Re: Members Resources

Quote:
Originally posted by bsharer
trixiebaby - I Turn Trix ... any of you guys need, well you know ... I got da hook up!!

post #9 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 12:38 PM
Merry HoHo

IF YOU NEED A FACTORY FORD PN# AND YOUR LOCAL FORD IDIOT CAN NOT FIND IT LET ME KNOW. I ALSO HAVE FRIENDS AT LOCAL PART STORE.I HAVE A WELDER,COMPRESSOR ,VARIOUS AIR TOOLS,AND CAN COOK A MEAN STEAK.
post #10 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:20 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

I don't have much and most of what I do have has been mentioned. Although, I do have a couple nice helmets and I live right off 67 in Cedar Hill which is on the way to the track for a few of you. I will be going to the track this Friday. You faster guys hit me up if you need a helmet.
post #11 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:23 PM
Lifer

If you need hookup on cosmetics, I can get them dirt cheap. I work for a cosmetics company.
post #12 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:27 PM

I do awards of all types. Mostly corporate stuff. Crystal, acrylic, walnut. Laser cut, abraided or mechanical engraving.
972-231-2144
awardguy.com (note the site is up but not complete)
post #13 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:31 PM
M0DERAT0R

I can make smartass comments and pics.
post #14 of 175 (permalink) Old 08-30-2001, 01:33 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally posted by David Z28
I can make smartass comments and pics.
yes you can
post #15 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 07:55 AM
Merry HoHo

ttt
post #16 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:01 AM
Geaux Saints!!

Is fivepoint slow still an inspector? I thought he had parted ways with Jiffy Lube.
post #17 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:18 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by Kris
Is fivepoint slow still an inspector? I thought he had parted ways with Jiffy Lube.
Ya, I think Dustin is back working there again. Might also drop whiteboy a PM.

post #18 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Im somebody's daddy!

I have a pop rivet gun.
post #19 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:25 AM
turn it!

Quote:
Originally posted by bsharer
I have a pop rivet gun.
gotta keep em updated!
post #20 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:26 AM
turn it!

I got a messy ass garage and a broken car !
post #21 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 08:32 AM
My Boy!

I got basic hand tools and a floor jack and 4 jack stands and a two car garage ...... but it is all located south of Tyler. But who knows when you might be way out there and need something?Also, I work at a hospital as a network administrator and we buy IBM equipment. We get a really good break on prices and that is extended to us for personal use too. So if anyone needs IBM stuff let me know.

Bear works at the local Ford Dealership in the parts department
post #22 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 03:44 PM
Merry HoHo

digging them up
but hey this one has some info.

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
post #23 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Time Served

I freelance as an Exhibit/Industrial Designer (tradeshow and autoshow type stuff)

I can also hook you up with just about any year model IH Scout part. There is about 70 of em out at the shop.

Later,
Lon

Last edited by lonSVO; 10-16-2002 at 04:48 PM.
post #24 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Time Served

I manage a Sonic in Ft. Worth. So if anyone ever needed something for a BBQ or to eat, I guess that'd be my hookup. I also have about 20 employees that will do ANYTHING for $50. I can draw and am willing to help on projects (if you're not a dick)
post #25 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:39 PM
Other half of bitter

Quote:
Originally posted by lonSVO
I freelance as an Exhibit/Industrial Designer (tradeshow and autoshow type stuff)

I can also hook you up with just about any year model IH Scout part.

Later,
Lon
pm your info and i will put you on file with us- i do a lot of the tradeshow management here at raytheon and we do have hummers/police vehicles in our exhibits alot- sounds right up your alley.
post #26 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:52 PM

i have a lincoln arc welder,hand tools and a garage if someone needs to work on a car when it rains.
post #27 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 05:42 PM
The Janitor

Need something broken? Give me a PM! It`ll be in pieces in no time! Hard hats required.
post #28 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 06:19 PM
ebay pimp

I have hand tools and pneumatic tools, spray guns & airbrush equipment. My mechanical skills levels are medium at best. But I am meticulous and patient. I can strip & paint many items, do audio layouts & installations(non professional). I can do simple body work, and all kinds of things with plastics. I excell at finding things cheap! I'm pretty knowledgable about cars, especially from a historical & trivia standpoint.
Scott
post #29 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Thread Kill

Quote:
Originally posted by talisman
I work at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Pantego off Pioneer Parkway. I will give an employee discount(sometimes up to 40%) off parts to anyone on this site I know and dont hate. If I hate you, fuck off.

have I ever pissed you off ?? or do you have to know me too ?

I hope not, since my brother left O'reilly's I been needin' another cheap parts hook up
post #30 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Time Served

My brother runs a police/fire/EMS uniform and supply shop in Plano, so I might be able to get him to hook you up. I know there are some of you on the board.
post #31 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:15 PM
I didn't do it

I sell and hook up Home Theatre. I can get some great deals on a lot of home theatre products. I also hace access to a pretty large supply of hand tools, jack stands and a couple of floor jacks. I'm in south Fort Worth. Hit me up if i can help.
post #32 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:58 PM
Lifer

Lesse,

Engine Hoist
Sandblaster
along with other various tools

Chambers
post #33 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny_Stang
FYI, I can also build systems and provide technical information on almost anything in the IT field.
post #34 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 11:14 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour

have I ever pissed you off ?? or do you have to know me too ?

I hope not, since my brother left O'reilly's I been needin' another cheap parts hook up

Not yet. Let me know if you ever need anything.
post #35 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 02:02 AM
Merry HoHo

why was this moved?

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
post #36 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 02:51 AM
tex
Lifer

Got the welder, all the hand tools, engine stands, etc. Basic crap. My real specialty is pissing off neighbors, public officials, school moms, and 16 year old girls!
post #37 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:03 AM
Kickin ass WFO style

Ford master tech and state inspector

Last edited by KJ94GT; 10-17-2002 at 07:23 AM.
post #38 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:31 AM

IT by trade: Programming (C/C++, Java, Perl, unix shell), Unix (Solaris, Linux, AIX), NT/2000, Win9x. Databases (Oracle, mySQL, Sybase). Networking, from making cables and running cat-5 to configuring home firewalls. Build/repair PC's.
Amateur by hobby: Mini-lathe, MIG welder, air compressor, chain hoist, engine stand, typical automotive tools. I like diagnosing ECU codes!
post #39 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Lifer

Wink

I have a sandblaster now, I also work at AutoZone so I get a 20% discount. I have air tools and hand tools at my place, along with jackstands and a jack, but most of the stuff is at my parents place.
post #40 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:45 AM
The first, the original

Now this is a cool list.

I am an expert at early Ford Capri's 69 - 77. I have a good sized library of reference for these cars as well as several parts sources and in contact with other Capri junkies. Some knowledge of other early European Fords too.
I have extensive knowledge of Ford Galaxies especially 65-67 with FE engines.
I work at AutoZone part time and can help you find odd things and part numbers or take a look at an item if you have a question.
Garland store 972-675-1220.
I have the hookup on computer parts through a friend who seems to fall bassackwards into the most amazing bargains. He also repairs/builds systems.

Last edited by Frank; 10-17-2002 at 11:38 AM.
post #41 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Time Served

I have a bunch of tools and know how to do some body work. I specialize in paintless dent repair. I fix minor dents and door dings and lots of hail dents.
post #42 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:11 AM

I work for NOS. I can tune any system under the Sun.
post #43 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:28 AM

My parents own a Kwik Kar soif anyone needs anuthing that might be related to that let me know. it is located in Ft. Worth next close to TCU.
post #44 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Lifer

We own a company that does stripes and body molding. If you need any type of decal work, stripes, whatever... let me know. We're mobile and will come to you. Also, we design and cut custom decals.
post #45 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Lifer

I work at jiffy lube in richardson off of plano and arapaho
i dont mind helping anyone out as much as i can.
post #46 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 03:25 AM
Blessed

I fix computers, printers (line, laser, dot matrix, plotters, ink jets, band, ect.), and cash drawers for a living. I have most basic tools, air comp., ect. I'm into old Pontiacs and have alot of good resources for parts. I live in Corinth(Denton area).
post #47 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 08:27 PM
FBC

I have more hand tool than I know what to do with. I have Big boy jack stands and a big jack. I have 30 gal. comp and alot of air tools. 5+ years of experience. Done alot to mustangs. I also work at AutoZone in plano, I get like 20% off. I work for cheap.
post #48 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-24-2002, 06:59 AM
The Mustang Shop

Well besides helping with the Mustang Shop business, I make custom business cards, can teach guitar and gymnastics and willing to help support any worthwhile project or function.

That's all folks!!!!
post #49 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 12:46 AM
Time Served

If you have any needs in Aviation I can do it or point you in the right direction.

Last edited by tangodelta21; 08-09-2007 at 05:28 PM.
post #50 of 175 (permalink) Old 11-06-2002, 10:26 PM

I work at Microsoft and support the Windows product line. Let me know if you have any questions. I will help where I can.

Also, pretty good with a wrench and an airgun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement