DFW Mustang Forums banner

1000 HP Fox Body....Best Approach??

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KJ19GG 
#1 ·
Good Evening Guys.....I am looking to build a hot rod and want to hear some different thoughts from anyone who has knowledge in this area.

I want to build a street / strip fox body with 1000 hp thats as reliable as possible.

I'm trying to decide on going with a built low compression 363 stroker (dart block / forged internals etc) and find a suitable turbo set up (single or twin) to achieve the big HP

OR

Go with a built Coyote w/ Twin Turbos.

My concerns are, comparing the total expense of both approaches and the fact that I'm somewhat comfortable with push rod motors, so I'm a little concerned with going modular in a big HP setup.

Additionally, is anyone aware of a high quality twin turbo kit for either of these applications? (assuming I choose the 363 I was told Hellion no longer makes the Fox Body kits and the the on3 kits are low quality and not really designed for this HP level)

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
For the engine, you might want to call Keith Craft. A 347 or a 363 would be a good engine.

The dual turbo setup is a bit expensive and more to install. I like ProCharger for a power adder because it is an easier setup to install and the cost is less.

I had a 347 built by Keith Craft and a ProCharger F2 @ 30 lbs of boost through the intercooler. That engine made over 1K HP to the wheels and took a beating for over two years.

That is my suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.