DFW Mustang Forums banner

Local Freeze-12 Dealers?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jakesford 
#1 ·
Who sells it?

#4 ·
bcoop said:
ACR Supply in Irving on Rock Island and Rogers. I assume you are talking about R-12. Never heard of Freeze-12.
Nope, Freeze-12 is an alternative to R-12.

I heard Napa requires a license to purchase Freeze-12, even though EPA doesn't require one to purchase it.

I could always have my boss buy some for me, he's licensed.

#5 ·
bcoop said:
ACR Supply in Irving on Rock Island and Rogers. I assume you are talking about R-12. Never heard of Freeze-12.
its what everybody calls,propane in a can..rumor has it, that its about the same thing..

#6 ·
black50 said:
its what everybody calls,propane in a can..rumor has it, that its about the same thing..

It's not the refrigerant that is flammable, it's the mix of the refrigerant AND the oils in the system. R-12, Freeze 12, R-134a all are flammable when they're in your A/C System. Which is why it's VERY important not to have a leak. However, it's not any more dangerous than that big tank of FLAMMABLE gasoline in the rear of your car. So stop bitching.

#9 ·
Who Needs 8 said:
It's not the refrigerant that is flammable, it's the mix of the refrigerant AND the oils in the system. R-12, Freeze 12, R-134a all are flammable when they're in your A/C System. Which is why it's VERY important not to have a leak. However, it's not any more dangerous than that big tank of FLAMMABLE gasoline in the rear of your car. So stop bitching.
i like that...lol

#10 ·
I think I have a can of freeze 12 somewhere. Not 100% sure though. I might have huffed it all. To answer your question though, there is an auto parts store, I think it's called Ron's off of 377 (Denton Hwy.) It's right next to Route 66 auto inspection place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.