DFW Mustang Forums banner

AR15 build party - GTG

11K views 215 replies 29 participants last post by  cobrajet69 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested?

It will be at my place in Haslet this Friday night (7-16). An early evening works the best say around 6-7.

Directions will be sent via PM and kept off the board please.

You can come even if you just wanna meet and watch how easy it is to put a AR15 lower together. If you wanna drink that is fine, just NO getting drunk and breaking my shit. Remember we will be fondling firearms.

Reply in the thread and I will send you a pm with directions.

#2 ·
Drunk guys playing with guns? Don't invite Blake, unless you want to shoot out a pesky light.

#11 ·
If we got one going over on the East side i'd show up...

Sorry, not trying to hijack a thread. Haslet is a long haul for me.

#16 ·
Sweet, that may give me a chance to order a stripped lower and parts kit by then.

#20 ·
What time are you thinking about having it? I work on that side of town and get out at 3:30pm so I'll probably just hang around depending on the time since I live on the other side of town.

#22 · (Edited)
Alright. I am down for that. Let's get a solid date if we can.

We can build JUST the lower and the upper basically just bolts in on top right? Uppers are a bit pricey, so I am doing the build in 2 parts.

How many pizzas and what toppings you want me to bring?

Edit: Wanted to get a Spikes Lower like Matt did, but you have to have it shipped to an FFL even though it is an incomplete lower?

I mean, $100 is a great price, but then you have to add shipping and FFL fees on top of it.

#23 ·
Building the lower is just putting parts together. You can then just buy a complete upper and attach it by the two pins.

Uppers are running about $450 for a good name brand upper.

The stripped lower is the serialized part, so yes, it needs to go through a FFL. A FFL can charge $10-25 per registered reciever.

$100 isn't a great price, $59-69 is.

#63 ·
This is turning into a tupaware (sp? dont'care) for men. I am okay with that. Hell I may sell some Magpul P-mags I got. I only have about 80+.

So is everyone good for Monday the 2nd? I will be here all day and night but if people wanna show up at 6:00-7:00 that is cool with me.

Shoot me a pm and I will send out my address and directions on the sunday night before. I don't wanna publish my address to all you pedophiles so if you don't get a pm take a hint. lol

#65 ·
I'll go. I'll just take a sick day (cough, cough, I feel a bug coming on...)

Looks like I'll bring the checkbook as well. Who knows, someone might bring something I can't live without...

Tupperware party hell, who's bringing the hookers and blow???? WOOHHOOOO!!

#67 ·
We're still cool to bring hookers then right?

#71 ·
Not a lot of attendance interest. The 2nd gives people some time to gather their parts. Initially I was gonna be gone on the 2nd but this new job willl have me in town that week now.

I am gonna hit up Restrepo in Dallas tomorrow night instead. What you got planned?

#78 ·
Do the stripped lowers and LPK's need any special tools to put together?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.