Samsung LCD TV Internet capability? - DFWstangs Forums
DFWstangs Forums    
Go Back   DFWstangs Forums > General > The Media Room

DFWStangs.net is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Frank
The first, the original

Samsung LCD TV Internet capability?

Has anyone tried this? I have the wireless adapter and I have it all set up. The network tested fine and it does ping an Internet destination, but there is nothing in my entire manual explaining how to use it. Is there a browser? What about You Tube, Netflix, etc they brag about in the store. Absolutely nothing in my manuals for it. I have been through every button, menu, and setting I can find and cannot tell how to start this function.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
Brandon03cobra
Punk Ass Newbie

What model do you have? Some tv's only have the ethernet port for downloading updates.
My Samsung has the widgets option right on the main menu.
Brandon03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #3

http://www.samsung.com/us/internetTV/
49522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
93LXHORSE
I gots famous friends

Frank, the Samsung documentation sucks, from my experience. I just picked up their flagship LCD model, and it does a ton of internet related stuff, but they don't bother to tell half the info that's required....

What model do you have? What menu features are internet related?

My TV has icons that take me to the various locations like U-Tube, etc.., and they are all on a screen that I access via the remote. I just went through all this, maybe I can help you out.

My model allows you to view the TV on the touch screen remote. Cool feature, cuz I can take the remote to the shitter or whatever.......... can also plug headphones into it.

But the documentation doesn't tell you that the TV has it's own network name - Link Share SEC or something like that - and the TV network and the wireless network, and the remote must all be on the network for them to talk and have everything work right..
93LXHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Vinssss
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
My model allows you to view the TV on the touch screen remote. Cool feature, cuz I can take the remote to the shitter or whatever.......... can also plug headphones into it.

But the documentation doesn't tell you that the TV has it's own network name - Link Share SEC or something like that - and the TV network and the wireless network, and the remote must all be on the network for them to talk and have everything work right..
Hi 93LXHORSE,

I recently purchased a samsung C9000, and I am getting crazy with the wifi configuration... I noticed that the TV has its own name (sec link share_78788) ,but do you know how can I access it with the remote?? 'cos a code is requested... many thanks for your support !
Vince
Vinssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement