DFW Mustang Forums banner

cant catch a rat!!

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  petyweestraw 
#1 ·
its living in my kitchen somewhere. i've tried the glue strips, the slap traps and posion but this thing is still not falling for it. the only thing to get in the trap is my dumbass dog. so far it has chewed the wiring out of my new stove and dishwasher. i've pulled everything out and apart and cant find this little bastard anywhere. any suggestions??????

#4 ·
Get a cat.

#5 ·
Make sure you pick up the dog food bowl, because he's probably full from eating that. Peanut butter works well and also if you mix cheese it in he may trying digging it out and it will better your chances.

I had signs of 1-2 in my attic (no idea if they were still there or not) but I made pest control put the poison in the baggies in the attic that makes them bleed into their lungs just to be safe and it prevents smell if they happen to die up there. He said the air is so heavy they try to sneak out and die somewhere quiet. I did run into a couple mice in the backyard so I had him put one of those black boxes (houses w/ food for the mouse) out back and I ran into one of them running out of it and he wasn't moving so quick. (I damn sure was) I'm not sure if you can put one of those in the house or not, though. If so it'd be best, because dogs, cats, kids, etc cannot get into it.

Some knowledge the bug/rodent weirdo gave me while he was in midst of playing with crap with his bare hands was they only live a very short period of time, but get knocked up in just the 1st couple weeks of life.....and they never wander very far from where they were born. Also, if you have them down running around inside the house there is a dominant male or two somewhere very near and they pushed him out.

Sorry, for the jumbled post I was trying to remember what all he said while all that kept going through my mind was to remember not to shake his hand!

#12 ·
Yall can get some sticks, and blankets, and build a fort too.

#14 ·
Peice of cake... 5 gal bucket, 10 inches of water. 1 x 4 piece of wood coming off of table or counter. Tape wood half on half off on the bottom near the edge (to act as a hinge). Peanut butter on end of wood. Rat goes for peanut butter, weight of rat tips wood over, rat lands in bucket, drowns. Tape keeps wood from landing in bucket with rat.

Come home from work, microwave, dinner is served. :D

#15 ·
I had this big mofo i couldn't catch a few years ago, it would drag any trap back in its hole, the snap ones must have bounced off it, so i got pissed and hot melted a razor blade to the snap part, that some bitch was cut it half an hour later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.