DFW Mustang Forums banner

Best Place to get a Bowling ball drilled?

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  JKD 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good place to get a couple of my bowling balls plugged and re-drilled. I know there are a couple of good bowlers on here and I was wondering where you guys take your stuff.

TIA

#5 ·
Grant said:
Wick's Pro-shop, formerly of Don Carter's West (Now USA Bowl) by far the best in the area.

Wicks Performance Center Inc.
PBA Member: Danny Neill
10920 Composite Dr.
Dallas, TX 75220
Any certain person in the shop that you would recommend to do the drilling?

#7 ·
Grant said:
Well, maybe Tom himself, but really all of them are good. Tom owns 2 shops (bowl-o-rama in rowlett), so I'm not sure how much time he's at each of them.
Thanks for the info. Thats going to be a drive, but I don't mind as long as the know what they are doing.

#8 · (Edited)
Tom also opened another shop at Jupiter in Garland, the guy who drills all my stuff (Maury) works there.

At Wick's in Dallas (USA Bowl) Tom or Mickey can both drill very well. Mickey is pioneering new shit with drilling to fit based off his degree drills... I am going to let him experiment on a few of mine here shortly.

WIcks @ USA Bowl: 214-358-0717

they've drilled a few of mine...

#9 ·
Nice little collection you have there. I think you have a few more than my friend who's on the PBA. He's not touring yet, but getting closer.

#10 ·
Blown03_GT said:
Nice little collection you have there. I think you have a few more than my friend who's on the PBA. He's not touring yet, but getting closer.
I've got a Black Widow solid in the mail, and I am going to pick up one more NIB ball within a few weeks... I'll have 25. My collection isn't crap, I just don't sell them. I know quite a few guys that go through 4-5 new balls every 4 months, and sell them... they might only have 6 or 7 balls at one time, but they've drilled 15 in the past 9 months! Hell, 4 of mine came from just one guy: the most amount of games on any was 20: I snatched up a Thunderstruck pearl, Agent, Spit Fire and an Angular One for $30 a pop! The Head has the Angular One.

Most of my gear is used, if I find a screaming deal I'll swipe it with a quickness (Fury @ $50, Black Widow @ $60). I have 2 balls right now that are undrilled and sit in their boxes in the back, waiting to replace the same model that's in use. I love the real ball freaks who go through $3,000 worth of gear a season and sell it cheap. ;)

#11 ·
to bad you don't know how to use any of them

DON SVO said:
I've got a Black Widow solid in the mail, and I am going to pick up one more NIB ball within a few weeks... I'll have 25. My collection isn't crap, I just don't sell them. I know quite a few guys that go through 4-5 new balls every 4 months, and sell them... they might only have 6 or 7 balls at one time, but they've drilled 15 in the past 9 months! Hell, 4 of mine came from just one guy: the most amount of games on any was 20: I snatched up a Thunderstruck pearl, Agent, Spit Fire and an Angular One for $30 a pop! The Head has the Angular One.

Most of my gear is used, if I find a screaming deal I'll swipe it with a quickness (Fury @ $50, Black Widow @ $60). I have 2 balls right now that are undrilled and sit in their boxes in the back, waiting to replace the same model that's in use. I love the real ball freaks who go through $3,000 worth of gear a season and sell it cheap. ;)

#14 ·
if you bowl at Jupiter you must be a house bowler. everybody knows Jupiter scores are usually 20+ than your norm avg anywhere else.

#15 ·
sixtysevenfastback said:
if you bowl at Jupiter you must be a house bowler. everybody knows Jupiter scores are usually 20+ than your norm avg anywhere else.
I live in Arlington, so I house-hack it up at AMF Showplace Euless :)

#16 ·
sixtysevenfastback said:

Normally I would agree with you with that statement. But considering Don is a hack left hander, Jupiter is not the location for him.

In all seriousness, Don has gotten a little better in the last year. I've always wished that he would actually take the time and let me teach him some stuff. He's a smart guy who knows quite abit about equiptment, but he's such an impatient
fuck he refuses to learn the finer physical aspects of the game. He has all the tools to be a 230+avg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.