Saddam supposed to speak at 2:00 A.M [Archive] - DFWstangs Forums

: Saddam supposed to speak at 2:00 A.M

reddsredcoupe
03-24-2003, 12:19 AM
MSNBC just said he will be appearing at 2:00 a.m on iraqi tv see if he saids anything specific on current situations

HookEm
03-24-2003, 12:24 AM
In the words of W:

F Saddam!
It's prob another previously taped rant, by a look alike, anyway.

Lumberjack77
03-24-2003, 12:26 AM
I was just about to post that i saw the same report on Fox News...I'm staying up to watch it. Fuck going to school tomorrow, this is more interesting.

HookEm
03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Lumberjack77
I was just about to post that i saw the same report on Fox News...I'm staying up to watch it. Fuck going to school tomorrow, this is more interesting.

Sleep is for the weak.

"Why do I need to be tired? I can sleep when I'm dead."
-Major Applewhite, UT QB when answering questions after his first start

reddsredcoupe
03-24-2003, 12:38 AM
If i understood what they said the have told him to hold up a today's newspaper and address a current event to let us know he is still in control but i guess an imposter could still do this

HookEm
03-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by reddsredcoupe
If i understood what they said the have told him to hold up a today's newspaper and address a current event to let us know he is still in control but i guess an imposter could still do this

The odds of the real saddam being out there, are as good as it opening with the Iraqi Defense Minister breaking out a lil Eminem to start out this conference ( Two harem-style girls go round the outside, round the outsiide.....Guess, whos' back, back again...Saddam's back...with a plan)

;)

I really think he's dead or wounded, esp if this quip from Newsweek/MSNBC is true:
Franks ordered two F-117 stealth fighters, each carrying two 2,000-pound bunker busters, into the air from their bases in Qatar, some 700 miles from Baghdad. They were to head toward Iraq, but to await orders before entering Iraqi airspace. On eight American warships in the Gulf, the coordinates of Saddamís sleeping place were programmed into some 40 cruise missiles, targeted to slam into the rubble and, it was hoped, finish off any survivors.

DONíT KNOW OR CANíT SAY?
At 7:12 p.m., President Bush said, ďLetís go.Ē The planes slipped through (undetected, as it turned out); their bombs struck home at about 9:30 p.m., 5:30 a.m. Baghdad time. The CIAís spy, who was somewhere outside the bunker, reported that Saddam was inside. There were reports of rescue workers furiously digging in the rubble and that Saddam had been wounded. But was Saddam still alive? The CIAís spy didnít know or couldnít say.

Lumberjack77
03-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Notice that after Information Minister spoke, it faded to a gay little Iraqi cartoon eagle symbol that looks like something out of a Nintendo game...It was just a stall tactic while they loaded the tape into the VCR...this isnt live, its a bunch of generalized statements so far. They need to show the clip from the South Park movie where saddam makes butt love to Satan. That bastard just makes me sick looking at him.

32VfromHell
03-24-2003, 01:30 AM
now im watching the anylysis on CNN. They are saying he is talking about a battle that has gone on in the last 24 hours, but he isnt wearing the glasses he wore before, and speaks more confident, which was different than the style of the speach done a few days ago.

HookEm
03-24-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 32VfromHell
now im watching the anylysis on CNN. They are saying he is talking about a battle that has gone on in the last 24 hours, but he isnt wearing the glasses he wore before, and speaks more confident, which was different than the style of the speach done a few days ago.

That's what ya get for listening to CNN.
He made no reference to any battle specifics, only to the city's military leadership.
He made reference to Al Qusr or whatever it is......but not to the battle itself.
It's just rah rah generic crap. The city is half inside Kuwait, 1/2 inside IRaq. There was not a way for Allied forces to move into Iraq, via Kuwait, without going thru that city. IOW: There was no way that there wouldn't ahve been a battle in that city. There was no refernce to the POWs....and he would have been gloating all over about that. This is a pre-recorded tape, from Saddam, but prerecorded none the less.
Remember: Fox Rocks. CNN bites.

As an addendum: Just read a transcript...he makes references to brigades that awere defeated/captuyred/surrendered on day one. And the city is Um Qasr. I saw the CNN bit you mentioned. Yes, bit, as in, SNL, because it was clsoer to a bit than to real news analysis. For whatever reason, Christiane Amanpour gets all hot n bothered over Saddam. The Middle East/Saddam expert all but laffed at her. The tape is an obvious fake, with edit spots that are painfully obvious.

BlueStang2k
03-24-2003, 01:51 AM
MSNBC is tearing the video apart and more less proving it was pre-recorded by the little details that people are picking up on, it actually sounds convincing.

reddsredcoupe
03-24-2003, 07:17 AM
last night and the other day was definatly not the same person but he did refer to american and british troops something

HookEm
03-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by reddsredcoupe
last night and the other day was definatly not the same person but he did refer to american and british troops something

Yes, he did. In the most broad, generic, specific free manner imagineable.
He mdae references to an air attack....don't have to call Dionne Warwick and the Psychic Friends Netwrok to figure that one out before hand.
Ditto for Basra and Um Qasr battles.
He made no reference to ANYTHING specific, in particular Iraq successes, POWs, etc.
That was supposed to be live, and it was a low quality video, that some suspect may actually have been created during Gulf War 91.
That MAY have been saddam. But it wasn't live, and it wasn't recent.

Kenny_Stang
03-24-2003, 08:29 AM
I also found this to be interesting, this was in the article on www.msnbc.com:

And when he cited several units and commanders, saluting them ďfor their heroic feats in the battlefield,Ē he named the commander of the 11th Iraqi Brigade in Basra, who surrendered along with many of his troops in the early hours of the war.

Ooops, looks like they forgot to edit that part! :D

brien w
03-24-2003, 08:33 AM
i hope that faucker is dead and maggots are feasting over his towel-headed body.

"God says we will be victorious"

I think your god is a lier..

Super Coupe
03-24-2003, 02:23 PM
yeah. i would like to know how he thinks he is going to win.