Looking for a job in the oil or gas field [Archive] - DFWstangs Forums

: Looking for a job in the oil or gas field

uthustler
10-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Im looking for a job in the oilfield or gas field somewhere around the metroplex. Please let me know if you know of anything.

uthustler@yahoo.com

fordracing19
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Did you put a application in?

downshift_me
10-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Patterson-UTI
Nabors
Catcus

I'm told Nabors is EASY to get hired on for someone new to the field. A guy who worked on my husband's rig went to work as a Driller for Nabors. I dunno if he needs anyone, but I can always check.

uthustler
10-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Patterson-UTI
Nabors
Catcus

I'm told Nabors is EASY to get hired on for someone new to the field. A guy who worked on my husband's rig went to work as a Driller for Nabors. I dunno if he needs anyone, but I can always check.

would you mind checking? id appreciate it.

Mastermind50cal
10-23-2007, 06:25 AM
hey i work for Cactus and they are really hard to get on at the turn over rate is unlike alot of rigs out there try Nomac,Felderhoff,Pinnacleand if you want to get into oilfield work or work that is related to oilfield work try Slumber J or Express (Mike Byrd). If you have any college experiance you can try XTO Energy,Devon Energy,Chesapeake Energy, but Patterson is easy for beginners along with Nabors there motto is Paint it Blue call it new

uthustler
10-23-2007, 07:35 AM
hey i work for Cactus and they are really hard to get on at the turn over rate is unlike alot of rigs out there try Nomac,Felderhoff,Pinnacleand if you want to get into oilfield work or work that is related to oilfield work try Slumber J or Express (Mike Byrd). If you have any college experiance you can try XTO Energy,Devon Energy,Chesapeake Energy, but Patterson is easy for beginners along with Nabors there motto is Paint it Blue call it new

some of those easier ones to get one (due to no experience) what are their websites?

sprayed 347
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
what do you want to do? work on a rig, roustabout, there frac companies, wire line, well service. there are so many parts on the construction side and companies you should have no prob. you can make $15 starting and get 100 hrs a week at diamondback in creeson near granbury.

uthustler
10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
what do you want to do? work on a rig, roustabout, there frac companies, wire line, well service. there are so many parts on the construction side and companies you should have no prob. you can make $15 starting and get 100 hrs a week at diamondback in creeson near granbury.

honestly, I just want to get my foot in the door in the oil/gas field. Ive just had no luck getting on. ive been fortunate enough to have one opportunity, but it was up in gainesville which was a tad far from me since im about to move to mansfield.

Who do I contact at diamondback in cresson? That sounds like a great starting point, ill go google their website now.

is this the diamonback you speak of?

www.diamondbackenergy.com

bud
10-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Nabors.... LOL. The only company where you can be pushing tools in months!!

uthustler
10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
how do I contact Nabors?

bud
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM
how do I contact Nabors?

http://www.nabors.com/Public/index.asp

You can try to find jobs on www.rigzone.com also...

uthustler
10-23-2007, 08:17 PM
http://www.nabors.com/Public/index.asp

You can try to find jobs on www.rigzone.com also...

thanks, and as an outsider having never worked in this industry, which positions should I look at and which should i avoid?

rowse current job openings by category and top skills.
Drilling 325 jobs Production 159 jobs
- Driller 82 jobs - Production Operator 64 jobs
- Toolpusher 66 jobs - Workover or Completion 50 jobs
Specialty Services 225 jobs Engineer - Petroleum 313 jobs
- Field Service Tech 58 jobs - Reservoir Engineering 93 jobs
- MWD/LWD 35 jobs - Petroleum Engineering 84 jobs
Engineer - Design & Constr. 368 jobs Engineer - Maintenance 106 jobs
- Mechanical Engineering 134 jobs - QA\QC Inspection 57 jobs
- Design Engineer 95 jobs - Preventive Maintenance Engineer 40 jobs
Engineer - General 320 jobs Geosciences 133 jobs
- Project Management 157 jobs - Geologist 58 jobs
- Electrical Engineering 71 jobs - Geoscientist 35 jobs
Health, Safety & Env. (HSE) 90 jobs Management/Support 480 jobs
- Environmental Safety & Training 60 jobs - Sales and Marketing 84 jobs
- Safety Engineering 24 jobs - Budget Planning Analyst / Cost Control 83 jobs
Maritime 73 jobs Trades 138 jobs
- Naval Architect 12 jobs - Mechanic 56 jobs
- Offshore Crane Operator 12 jobs - Electronics Tech 34 jo

bud
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Just try to find a worm.... i mean floorhand job. You won't be able to get a driller or tool pusher job until you have some major experience.

Trip McNeely
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Slumber J
Schlumberger.

When I ran service you could basically drive up to a location and ask for the tool pusher for a job, now not so much or so Ive heard. I dont work in that anymore. The Barnett Shale is fucking huge. On the west/SW side of the metroplex you could point in a direction and find about 5 rigs.

Things to consider: Theres many jobs in the oil/gas patch. Fracting/cementing/casing/rig hands on rigs/service companies/wellhead companies/operators/drilling fluids/running tools/etc.....

Like someone suggested earlier, try rigzone, or look for companies. When I worked I worked around several, as I will list them so you can have a list to look for contacts.

Operators:
Devon (own the majority of leases in the Barnett Shale)
Burlington/Conoco
Chesapeake
EOG
XTO
Quicksilver

Fracting/Cementing/Service Companies:
Key
Schlumberger
Halliburton
BJ Services
FMC Technologies
Weatherford
Wood Group

Rig Companies:
Patterson/UTI
Nabors
Felderhoff
Pioneer
H&P

My suggestion is to check it out, talk to people, and think it over. The money is great, but you bust your ass. I averaged 75+ hours a week. On call 24/7. Drilling doesnt stop for anything. Rain, snow, lightning, nothing. haha. Be prepared. Be prepared to get hit with oil mud, grease, hot kicks from the well. Be prepared to get hit with tools, fingers cut, fingers/legs smashed. Be careful out there, a lot of the times the people you work with arent exactly the most sober, as I found that out. Its scary when they lift up the BOPs up with chains when youre down in the cellar knocking that wellhead up! LOL. Good Luck, its not for everyone.

alvarado gt
10-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Halliburton.jobs
search Alvarado

jims93lx
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Baker Hughes..they have a shop by the Airport in Grand Prairie....

bud
10-25-2007, 05:11 PM

Speaking of Baker Hughes... Anyone have any contacts with Sharewell in the DFW area?

uthustler
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM

do they have an online application or in person only?

79Camaro454
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Measurement is something to consider too. It takes some time to learn and not everyone will be willing to train u. The best part about measurement is that it has nothing to do with rig count or gas prices. As long as its coming out of the ground it has to be measured. That measurement must be precise and re calibrated often.

79Camaro454
10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Encana is another big producer.
Schlumberger is a producer also.

79Camaro454
10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Pipeline and X-ray are some other good jobs.

jims93lx
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
do they have an online application or in person only?

I think that it is in person, but I am not sure. Its off Mayfield or Arkansas, I can't remember, but they are moving there shop to Burleson/Cleburne in a few months, I think

chocho
10-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I work at Superior Well Services in Alvarado and they are always hiring people with no experience. Give them a call 817.783.5353.

bud
10-27-2007, 06:17 AM
And don't forget... you will most likely have to do a UA....

dewayne6243
10-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Im looking for a job in the oilfield or gas field somewhere around the metroplex. Please let me know if you know of anything.

uthustler@yahoo.com

We need some Seismic Permit Agents at EOG Resources. Stating pay is $100K+ a year.

Da Prez
10-27-2007, 11:35 AM
We need some Seismic Permit Agents at EOG Resources. Stating pay is $100K+ a year.

i will take it... when can i start... :D

Mastermind50cal
10-27-2007, 02:12 PM
hey BUD i have a few friends that work for Sharewell thats actually who we use as far as directional tools and drillers if you need anything lmk

dewayne6243
10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
i will take it... when can i start... :D

I would have to train you and I will pass.

bud
10-27-2007, 11:01 PM
hey BUD i have a few friends that work for Sharewell thats actually who we use as far as directional tools and drillers if you need anything lmk

If you don't mind, see if they are looking for any DDs for Barnett Shale... I want to move back there. I am actually talking to Sharewell here in the Rockies about working for them also.

Strychnine
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
The Barnett Shale is fucking huge. On the west/SW side of the metroplex you could point in a direction and find about 5 rigs.

I heard that they have recently found traces of H2S in the Barnett...

Heard anything about this? (I know you don't work in the field anymore, but I thought you might still talk to people).

uthustler
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
And don't forget... you will most likely have to do a UA....
f

UA?

uthustler
10-29-2007, 02:41 PM

awesome. Where do I apply?

Strychnine
10-29-2007, 02:52 PM
f

UA?

Piss test.

uthustler
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Piss test.

oh, thats nothing, im piss tested now regularly.

Trip McNeely
10-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I heard that they have recently found traces of H2S in the Barnett...

Heard anything about this? (I know you don't work in the field anymore, but I thought you might still talk to people).
Well there was a few actually when I worked, they were 10k wells. I think they were north, near Denton. And yes, I have heard of more popping up since then. I think they were older wells that were re-drilled.

TX21
11-01-2007, 09:09 AM

Damm, I don't know what that is but I can do it. Still need somebody? I need a job bad.

79Camaro454
11-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I have heard about the H2S also. As I understand it my customer believes it has something to do with the chemicals that are being injected down hole. But I also heard it wasnt enough H2S to be concerned about.

Strychnine
11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I have heard about the H2S also. As I understand it my customer believes it has something to do with the chemicals that are being injected down hole. But I also heard it wasnt enough H2S to be concerned about.

It's probably very faint traces, but you can bet they will be watching their samples very closely.

It's not something to fuck around with. In my travels I have only been on one H2S site and that was west of OKC on a Nomac rig.

4 ppm is considered sour gas.

Humans can detect it (smell), on average, around 0.0047 ppm :eek:
10 - 20 = eye irritation
at 150 - 250 ppm it kills your olfactory nerves so you can't even smell it.
Anything past that and youre pretty much dead.

When I got there I was told "If you see one guy running follow him, and always run upwind!"
While on site I found myself always watching the flares and windsocks :o

Even on a low risk H2S site, it's a scary thought.

stock03gt
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
you should also try all contract companies like Vaquero, renegade,5C,Quail i know those guys make pretty good money and roust a bout crews always get a crapload of hours. screw working on a rig. i work on injection pumps and water transfer pumps for Rogers oilfield we contract to EOG and i love it. the pay is good and i dont have to work to much like a slave.

uthustler
11-04-2007, 07:25 PM
you should also try all contract companies like Vaquero, renegade,5C,Quail i know those guys make pretty good money and roust a bout crews always get a crapload of hours. screw working on a rig. i work on injection pumps and water transfer pumps for Rogers oilfield we contract to EOG and i love it. the pay is good and i dont have to work to much like a slave.

anyone specific you know I could contact?

3rIc
11-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I work on Patterson 407 all over the Barnett. We go through hands pretty regularly, just hired one and looking for a driller. Nabors is easy to get on with, I'll talk to a buddy of mine that works on a pace rig. But most pushers won't dry-hire with Patterson, but you can always try, just drive out to a rig and sit and talk with the pusher for a while. Take a ride down 35W south of I-20 and you'll spot a lot of rigs. Try to find a top drive rig, they're not called Cadillac rigs for no reason.

Or try applying at HydraRig off of 35W and Sycamore School, but you need mechanic, hydraulic or welding experience to be considered. And it only starts out at $13/hr (varies with experience).

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
got a class A cdl???

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Or try applying at HydraRig off of 35W and Sycamore School, but you need mechanic, hydraulic or welding experience to be considered. And it only starts out at $13/hr (varies with experience).[/QUOTE]

Please tell me your joking on the pay scale there???? :eek:

uthustler
11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
got a class A cdl???

yes, i have a class A CDL with Hazmat, tanker, doubles/triples endorsements.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
yes, i have a class A CDL with Hazmat, tanker, doubles/triples endorsements.

Well, hell. Im home everyday and I make $17.00 an hour starting pay. I get on overage 65 hours aweek. I work 4 day and have 2 off, yes it a rotating off days, but most of these water companies, start you off on nights. If you havent consider this, I WOULD.. I've been hauling water for a year now, locally, and I know all the major and minor water hauling companies in the DFW. If water doesnt scare ya, lol. JK.

uthustler
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Well, hell. Im home everyday and I make $17.00 an hour starting pay. I get on overage 65 hours aweek. I work 4 day and have 2 off, yes it a rotating off days, but most of these water companies, start you off on nights. If you havent consider this, I WOULD.. I've been hauling water for a year now, locally, and I know all the major and minor water hauling companies in the DFW. If water doesnt scare ya, lol. JK.

Cool, is your company hiring to carry water at the moment?

Halliburton just called me, said they would start me at $12/hr, average 90/hrs a week. Any feedback on halliburton?

bud
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM

You are one of those dang water haulers that always get in my way!!! Heh... Hey, the day tank is empty... get it in gear.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
You are one of those dang water haulers that always get in my way!!! Heh... Hey, the day tank is empty... get it in gear.

Umm thanks, but I do actually know how to drive, and the truck I drive @ work is a 07 Peterbuilt with a 600Hp twin turbo Cat, 18 gears, so I can get it in gear. If it makes u feel any better, I drove 20 miles with over 84K pounds in under 25 mins with rush hour traffic.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 06:23 PM

Halliburton just called me, said they would start me at $12/hr, average 90/hrs a week. Any feedback on halliburton?

Yes they are hiring. I'll pm information. Where are u located, cause it may not be worth the drive???

uthustler
11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes they are hiring. I'll pm information. Where are u located, cause it may not be worth the drive???

hey, just cleaned out my PM's, try again.

Cooter
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
it's nasty shit for sure... we've got some stinky wells, but nothing major in my area, and our director of operations won't set units on high H2S wells :)

I was at a stinky well earlier today. They were also getting a TON of distillate and the whole field smelled like crude. love that smell :)

FYI, H2S training says go cross wind and then upwind

It's probably very faint traces, but you can bet they will be watching their samples very closely.

It's not something to fuck around with. In my travels I have only been on one H2S site and that was west of OKC on a Nomac rig.

4 ppm is considered sour gas.

Humans can detect it (smell), on average, around 0.0047 ppm :eek:
10 - 20 = eye irritation
at 150 - 250 ppm it kills your olfactory nerves so you can't even smell it.
Anything past that and youre pretty much dead.

When I got there I was told "If you see one guy running follow him, and always run upwind!"
While on site I found myself always watching the flares and windsocks :o

Even on a low risk H2S site, it's a scary thought.

Cooter
11-06-2007, 06:48 PM
also, ever notice that pretty much every compressor station's got a dog or two running around? Those are their H2S monitors! :p

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
also, ever notice that pretty much every compressor station's got a dog or two running around? Those are their H2S monitors! :p

Yeah. LOL/.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I thought about getting into the drilling or production side of things but Im pretty happy with water.

BradsBlue90
11-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah that H2S is scary shit, my brother and I both work for Key Pressure Pumping out in Chico and they cover alot of material on that particular subject during training. Not something you want to fuck around with at all.

Ford4Me
11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I work for Baker Hughes. I would recommend with a cdl you contact the Frac companies such as BJ services, Weatherford, Frac Tech, and PUMPCO. They all have web sites and they are all hiring. Companies like Halliburton and BJ have great benefits and advancement opportunities. Also Stallion is hiring. They have billboards up along I-45.

Rigzone has mostly postings for experienced jobs. Find these companies yards or offices and go fill out an application.

Shazaam it will be like magic.

bud
11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Umm thanks, but I do actually know how to drive, and the truck I drive @ work is a 07 Peterbuilt with a 600Hp twin turbo Cat, 18 gears, so I can get it in gear. If it makes u feel any better, I drove 20 miles with over 84K pounds in under 25 mins with rush hour traffic.

Just giving you a hard time. The haulers in Colorado are inconsiderate bastages though.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Just giving you a hard time. The haulers in Colorado are inconsiderate bastages though.

Yeah, I never had great things happen to me when I was OTR.

Trip McNeely
11-06-2007, 08:09 PM
You drive a cement truck? or a blender truck?

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
You drive a cement truck? or a blender truck?

I drive a pump truck. I haul water to and from wells.

Trip McNeely
11-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I drive a pump truck. I haul water to and from wells.
Ah ok. How you like driving down those lease roads when it rains? :D

alvarado gt
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Halliburton is a great company to work for, I have been with them for a year and would recomend them to anyone looking for a job. I just transfered to frac from the machine shop, took a $5/hr pay cut and still brought home an extra $700 on a 2 week paycheck. If you want more info on benefits or anything else send me a PM and I will help you as much as I can.
Who did you talk to up here?

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Ah ok. How you like driving down those lease roads when it rains? :D

Hell thats the shit right there. Just kick in the Lock and down the road, hill, cliff, mountain I go.LOL, I hate doing this job when its storming like it does here in north central Tx, big ole pain in the ass, but I remember how much Im making compared to making pizza's.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Ohh and for the record, I wear my H2S monitor on my shirt, not on the back of my hard hat, Like alot of dipshit's that I see out here.

Trip McNeely
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Off the subject, whos ever been at a well during a kick? I have. Thats fun shit. We had a small kick on a production rig when they were running tubing, one of the hydraulic rams blew the hose, and blew the ram open on the BOP. Damn that shit was HOT!

uthustler
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Halliburton is a great company to work for, I have been with them for a year and would recomend them to anyone looking for a job. I just transfered to frac from the machine shop, took a $5/hr pay cut and still brought home an extra $700 on a 2 week paycheck. If you want more info on benefits or anything else send me a PM and I will help you as much as I can.
Who did you talk to up here?

thanks.PM sent. Paul was his name, Office off of CR 401 outside of Alvarado.

avengedgt
11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Off the subject, whos ever been at a well during a kick? I have. Thats fun shit. We had a small kick on a production rig when they were running tubing, one of the hydraulic rams blew the hose, and blew the ram open on the BOP. Damn that shit was HOT!

Hell, all of our QuickSilver wells are kicking ass right now. Every well I go to, has 3-5 loads on location by the time I get there which is usually 6:30 or 7pm.

Trip McNeely
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Hell, all of our QuickSilver wells are kicking ass right now. Every well I go to, has 3-5 loads on location by the time I get there which is usually 6:30 or 7pm.
Quicksilver rigs down in Granbury area?

bud
11-07-2007, 01:51 AM

We picked up a new rig a few months ago and the derrick hand was questioning the company man when he asked to raise the mud weight. He took his time and sure enough... we had a kick. The bad thing is that someone was welding about a 100 yds off location and blew a tank up... scared me. Lucky for me I was on the shitter in my trailer!! :)

bud
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
W000t!! Just got a job offer to come back to DFW and work in Barnett Shale.

avengedgt
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Currently Im hauling water, so the company I work for has a bunch of QS work.

avengedgt
11-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Yes, in hood, parker, and somerville counties.

kieran981
01-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Search metroplex jobs through various sites such as metroplexjobs.com, metroplexdaily.com, etc.

Wolferine3
01-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I have a quick question....being there is all this work on the oil rigs....who does the communications on them? I am sure they have computers and phones right? How would I get with the company that works on that? I do it now overseas and am looking at coming home. Does anyone know of anything?

alvarado gt
02-08-2008, 08:44 PM
<------Just subscribing. Getting ready for a big layoff in April or May. :(

Hey, if you want to drive or ever move back out this way I can get you on with Halliburton

That really sux about the layoff, good luck

alvarado gt
02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
There is a Halliburton over here in Carrollton. Got anything there?

That is one of the mfg. facilities, it is mainly a machine shop.
Check out Halliburton.jobs and search Carrolton, I am not sure what is open but its worth a look.

Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~
02-17-2008, 09:04 AM

lets run em...:D and none of this from a roll shit

Joshua Lee
02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Any jobs as of right now? I have my class B :( But I have drove A rigs many times just never went and took the test... I can drive the 10/13/18 whatever speeds also with 3 years exp..

Anybody? :cool:

fordracing19
02-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Any jobs as of right now? I have my class B :( But I have drove A rigs many times just never went and took the test... I can drive the 10/13/18 whatever speeds also with 3 years exp..

Anybody? :cool:
We are hiring drivers. They hire some with no cdl and then let them take the test in our trucks. Yard is in Gainesville and you will travel a lot.

Da Prez
02-26-2008, 02:38 PM
We are hiring drivers. They hire some with no cdl and then let them take the test in our trucks. Yard is in Gainesville and you will travel a lot.

how is the pay? i am looking to switch jobs, pm me some info... thanks man

turbopaez
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Hmm I have a buddy that works in the oil fields in gainesville, his name is Victor.

Joshua Lee
02-27-2008, 09:39 AM

I have my B but I can honestly drive a 18wheeler easy... I have before for the brick company and I have group driven with another guy before... The only thing that changes is length and standard tranny...I can do both if I had the truck to take the test like you say I can get the A in a week...
Can you PM me details about pay and stuff??