No BCS for Texas? [Archive] - DFWstangs Forums

: No BCS for Texas?

MinGreyGT
11-15-2004, 09:51 AM
I canít believe that if Texas beats Texas A&M and remains the 5th rank team in the BCS standings that thet still canít get into one of the 4 BCS bowl games. That is assuming this writersí story is correct.

"So, the second-most intriguing storyline in the BCS Standings is now the fight for No. 4 between Cal and Texas. A clause in the BCS bylaws says the highest-ranked team that is not a conference champion will be given an at-large spot if it is ranked No. 3 or No. 4. Barring losses by both teams, either the Bears or Longhorns will automatically get into the BCS via that rule. And if Utah stays at No. 6, thereby locking up the other at-large berth, there will not be a spot remaining in the BCS for the team ranked No. 5."

ESPN Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1114)

HookEm
11-15-2004, 09:53 AM
Oh well.
We shoulda taken care of business in Dallas.
We didnt, so if we get past Ags, we get fucked because of fucking Utah and Cal.
Ridiculous.

MinGreyGT
11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh well.
We shoulda taken care of business in Dallas.
We didnt, so if we get past Ags, we get fucked because of fucking Utah and Cal.
Ridiculous.

Its not Cal or Utah that gets me, they have earned there rank just as much as Texas has. Itís that the Big East still gets an automatic bid with 7 teams. Boston College Ranked #21 in the new BCS standings from today gets to play in the BCS bowl.

So I guess Iím pulling for: Stanford or Southern Miss, BYU, and a long shot of Michigan.