§ 547.382. LIGHTING EQUIPMENT ON PROJECTING LOADS.
(a) A vehicle transporting a load that extends to the rear at least
four feet beyond the bed or body of the vehicle shall display on the
extreme end of the load at the times specified in Section
(1) two red lamps visible at a distance of at least 500
feet from the rear;
(2) two red reflectors that indicate the maximum width
and are visible at nighttime at all distances from 100 to 600 feet
from the rear when directly in front of lawful lower beams of
(3) two red lamps, one on each side, that indicate the
maximum overhang and are visible at a distance of at least 500 feet
from the side.
(b) At all other times, a vehicle transporting a load that
extends beyond the vehicle's sides or more than four feet beyond the
vehicle's rear shall display red flags that:
(1) are at least 12 inches square;
(2) mark the extremities of the load; and
(3) are placed where a lamp is required by this
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
1990 Bright Red Mustang LX hatch
2004 Azure Blue Mach 1 - Gone
2001 Silver SVT Cobra - Gone
2006 Ford Fusion SE - Dadmobile